Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 33
04:33 PM on 11/07/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
everyone can hate dos! as much they want. this song is still great.
Definitely agreed. I loved Stop When the Red Lights and this, and Lazy Bones was a solid third. Everything else was forgettable or simply awful.

This song reminds me a lot of Blood Sex and Booze, though. Which isn't a bad thing.
04:35 PM on 11/07/12
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dos has 2 songs I like but after that the bulk if it is much better than UNO. UNO was classic green day but it felt like the same old stuff and nothing new. Dos sounds fresh and sounds like the logical follow up to 21CB. That being said "Nightlife" is one of the worst songs I have listen to this year.
Agreed, Nightlife is brutal. It completely throws off the album. I'm trying to figure out why they included it.
04:36 PM on 11/07/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
Agreed, Nightlife is brutal. It completely throws off the album. I'm trying to figure out why they included it.
They saw what a polarizing song Kill the DJ is (I am on the "Pro" side), and thought, "How can we make this worse and more boring?"
04:38 PM on 11/07/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
Also, I just actually watched the video. Not bad, better than most of their recent videos. And while I know a video is essentially an ad for the song / album, showing the album covers in the video struck me as really awkward and off-putting.
04:39 PM on 11/07/12
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They saw what a polarizing song Kill the DJ is (I am on the "Pro" side), and thought, "How can we make this worse and more boring?"
Haha I actually learned to like "Kill the DJ". Seriously though, outside of intentional sabotage, it doesn't belong there.
04:43 PM on 11/07/12
Robb
ism
User Info.
Haha I actually learned to like "Kill the DJ". Seriously though, outside of intentional sabotage, it doesn't belong there.
What was worse, wasn't this the second song leaked off !Dos!? We got the awesome Stray Heart, they got some momentum with me, thinking this could be a comeback from !Uno!, then BAM - here's the next upcoming song!
04:55 PM on 11/07/12
ExtremeAvalanch
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What was worse, wasn't this the second song leaked off !Dos!? We got the awesome Stray Heart, they got some momentum with me, thinking this could be a comeback from !Uno!, then BAM - here's the next upcoming song!
Yeah, it was definitely the second or third leaked. Every other song, including the intro, off of "Dos" is better than Nightlife. So their marketing logic is befuddling. Maybe releasing a cruddy single is the new punk, who knows?
05:42 PM on 11/07/12
harley7733
Reluctant Registered User
User Info.
I don't get this really. I think this song is terrible. I think it's by far the worst Green Day album.
What's not to like about this song? The bass line kicks, it's got a 50's throwback vibe, Billie's voice sounds good, and it's fun enough to move to. I literally cannot understand what you could hate so much about it.
06:17 PM on 11/07/12
dvdrbn
User Info.
I thought he was going to sing I'm Walking on Sunshine.
07:21 PM on 11/07/12
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Definitely agreed. I loved Stop When the Red Lights and this, and Lazy Bones was a solid third. Everything else was forgettable or simply awful.

This song reminds me a lot of Blood Sex and Booze, though. Which isn't a bad thing.
totally sounds like Blood Sex and Booze, good catch. more anthemic tho.

i also really like Amy until his voice turns to shit. well written song regardless.
08:57 PM on 11/07/12
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
User Info.
thought the song was fun

video was pretty great too. loved the person throwing the trash through his chest, someone got a gif of that?
10:56 PM on 11/07/12
inreverie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Here's my theory. When most bands record an album they record a bunch of songs. Then they select the best ones and refine them. Green Day said screw it. Let's release em all. Is that cool? I think so because you get some songs that you might like that would have been cut. On they other hand, you get some not so great songs. There's probably a great 12 song album between all three albums, but you gotta find it yourself.
11:22 PM on 11/07/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Here's my theory. When most bands record an album they record a bunch of songs. Then they select the best ones and refine them. Green Day said screw it. Let's release em all. Is that cool? I think so because you get some songs that you might like that would have been cut. On they other hand, you get some not so great songs. There's probably a great 12 song album between all three albums, but you gotta find it yourself.
So far they've written like six good songs and six songs good enough to be filler.
07:34 AM on 11/08/12
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
How does he get singles back when he buys like 6 records?
09:11 AM on 11/08/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Cannot be viewed in Denmark.

Lame.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles