Male - 26 Years Old
I think my Flygon runs Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Solar Beam
12:15 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
You have to max out the beauty of a Feebas, right? I probably couldn't pick just one favorite xD

It's an item evo now.
12:16 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
yep. gotta find a bazillion Chesto berries and make a ton of blue pokeblocks first.

then you have to go find a Feebas -- they are only in one body of water in the whole game (the River between Mauville City and Forttree City), and of the 400+ "tiles" of space your player can Surf on this river, Feebas is only found in 6 of them. these 6 spots are randomly generated in every save file (so never in the same place as you found them before), and they can be anywhere, they're not like next to each other, you have to literally move one step at a time and fish for like 3 different pokemon before you can say there's not a Feebas there. then move to the next one, etc. and hope that you didn't miss a spot where you could have found one if you kept fishing.

then, you probably can't catch just one. the only way you could feed it enough blue pokeblocks to max its beauty, is if it already has a Nature that boosts its Special Attack, so you need to catch like 15 of them once you've found a fishing spot, and then go through and hope that one of the ones you caught has a Modest, Mild, Quiet, or Rash nature, or else it will never evolve into a Milotic.

you could spend days trying to do this and never find the right Feebas, you have to be willing to waste like a couple hours and hope you get lucky.

Yeah I remember the one time I trained a Feebas/Milotic it was a bitch xD A friend of mine regularly catches them and trains them xD I wouldn't have the patience to do that every time. Even on a rom.
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old

That is stupid.
User Info.
theguy77
Terrain / Ryan
Baltimore, MD
Male - 24 Years Old
Verified
I think my Flygon runs Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Flamethrower, Solar Beam

i usually dont do Solar Beam unless i can pair it with Sunny Day. otherwise Giga Drain does just as much damage per turn (120 if used twice in a row) and heals you too.
12:29 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
i usually dont do Solar Beam unless i can pair it with Sunny Day. otherwise Giga Drain does just as much damage per turn (120 if used twice in a row) and heals you too.

I run Sunny Day with Ninetales so I'm usually good there.
12:38 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
thursday727
Real Rock 'n' Rolla
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
original 151 or nothing. Stadium was awesome though.
01:06 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
boiledfrogs
toronto
Male - 22 Years Old
Nah bro, he's a champ. Looks super cool, never used one and all the other water options in the game blow. Actually has pretty good stats too.

since when does starmie blow i was unaware of this
01:12 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
Weird. Generation III had I believe no pokemon I disliked. Whereas Gen 4 had 5 I didn't dislike. Gen 5 is just a slightly improved Gen 4. The pokemon are getting farther away from pokemon and closer to being just unusually colored animals.
I think the only pokemon I really liked from gen III was Torkoal. Rayquaza was the only decent legendary.

Although I don't know of a single person who grew up playing that lists 4 or 5 higher than 1, 2, or 3.
01:13 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
SpyKi
This Charming Man
Wales
Male - 23 Years Old
reading through this page reminded me I did like a few of them though, Flygon was cool.
01:32 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
Kris_Gontz9
Anklebiters.
Santiago, Chile.
Male - 20 Years Old
how could someone say 5 is better than 4? god... at least 4 had a few connections with 1, 2 and 3 (Togekiss was a beast), but 5? seriously, there are like 10 acceptable pokemon, the rest are just garbage. However, Black/White gave the game a better story or they attempted one so props for that...

Mine would be 2 > 3 > 4 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5

I remember playing gold on an emulator, but it was like, in corean, so i didn't understand a shit about it, though i still manage to beat it completely. I was in awe when i could go to Kanto... just too good, the best.

then generation 3 came and the color helped a lot, and you had Dive... The pokemons were awesome and the character was really cool in design.
01:32 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
--------------------
Male
I think I've played III more than any other generation.

3=1>2>4=5
01:45 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
how could someone say 5 is better than 4? god... at least 4 had a few connections with 1, 2 and 3 (Togekiss was a beast), but 5? seriously, there are like 10 acceptable pokemon, the rest are just garbage. However, Black/White gave the game a better story or they attempted one so props for that...

I remember playing gold on an emulator, but it was like, in corean, so i didn't understand a shit about it, though i still manage to beat it completely. I was in awe when i could go to Kanto... just too good, the best.

then generation 3 came and the color helped a lot, and you had Dive... The pokemons were awesome and the character was really cool in design.

Because 5 was a new game. Sure, the Pokemon were essentially recycles, but at least they didn't just add a bunch of shitty evolutions and call it a new generation. There is ton to love about it.
01:55 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old
Last two times I played I played Crystal. I went with a 100% Eevee and Eevee evolution team and then JUST Feraligatr. It's possible. I beat the game with just a level 81 Feraligatr. The only other pokemon I had was a Pidgey because fuck not flying in Gen II.

This just reminds me how depressed I am that I found my Pokemon Crystal game but I can only find my black and white Gameboy Pocket >_>. I always hated those few gameboy games that ONLY worked on GBC haha. Probably my favorite Pokemon game, or it is at least a very close tie with Blue.

Anyways, anyone in this thread have some love for this little guy?

Ampharos, Cyndaquil, and Suicune will always be my top 3 favorites from 2nd Gen :)
01:57 PM on 11/24/12 
User Info.
RyanPm40
Ryan
NH
Male - 21 Years Old

You answered your own question right there. It's a completely new story. Even though the pokemon look like shit, they still work like normal pokemon haha. Same kind of gameplay but with a new, more unique story this time!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos