AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Skies Revolt, The - 12.5.12

Skies Revolt, The - 12.5.12

Interviewed by
Skies Revolt, The - 12.5.121. Please introduce yourself and your role in the band.

My name is David Prindle and I am the singer/guitar player of The Skies Revolt

2. Let's first talk about your relationship with Mad Dragon/Boombox Generation Records. How did that relationship flourish and what did they bring to the table to help you guys out?

The relationship has been great. We have been a DIY band for a long time. They let us keep that. When we were approached we were told we could make what ever kind of songs we felt like. What they have been bringing to the table that has really helped though is access to a lot more press and radio.

3. What was your initial reaction when Josh Cain contacted you after finding out about your band via Twitter?

I was actually kind of confused at first. Hadn't really expected to be hearing from any big rock stars...

4. Let's talk about the EP. Josh Cain and Justin Pierre produced it. What did you learn from those guys while in the studio?

The biggest thing we learned in the studio from them was re-amping. On our older recordings if we wanted to layer up guitars with different distortions we had to replay each part with a different distortion. In the studio, they had us record our guitars clean and then with the one good clean track they would send it to a bunch of different amps for a perfect take every time.

5. Your sound is really eclectic and explorative. How do you develop your sound? How does a song get written with everything you guys have going on?

It has taken a long time to develop our sound. The band started off as more of an experimental punk band, moved to a heavier route and then
got a synth after that. From there we started adding in dance beats and synth parts. It pretty much has just been a slow evolution.

6. How's the tour finishing up? Any great stories from it?

Tour finished up pretty awesome. We ended in Texas which is always a good state for us to play in. We were having a lot of fun playing with Sick/Sea. As far as tour stories that is a tough call. There is a lot of random events that happen to us on tour. In Ohio, we found out that homeless people are extremely attracted to our guitar player Bobby. In that same city a guy offered us some free mattresses for our van and then told me about all the UFOs...

7. How do you pull off your songs live with everything that is going on with your music?

Originally I would play my synth and guitar at the same time. Tapping on the guitar with one hand and the other hand on the synth. The synth kept breaking though, so for now, the electronics are on tracks like all the cool hip hop bands...

8. What's next for The Skies Revolt?

Right now we are just looking to play as many shows as we can. Keep pushing the "Making Moves" 7" and our Full Length "Some Kind of Cosmonaut" that were both were put out this year. We believe we put out some pretty good music this year and want to get it to as many ears as possible.

9. What's on your holiday shopping list?

Honestly, haven't even thought about it yet. I'm pretty content with what I have right now. If someone out there really wants to though, they can buy me an Orange Terror Bass amp...ha

10. Any New Year's resolutions?

More shows!

11. Anything left to say?

Check out our website www.theskiesrevolt.com where we have music videos and an adventure video series we made. Also add us on facebook, twitter, tumblr and all that internet mumbo jumbo.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
07:57 AM on 12/05/12
Kugyrk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sir Bobby Charlton tips Wayne Rooney to break his England scoring record Adidas 11Pro "With a fair wind he can do it and I would be very happy with that because I like Wayne. "I once said to him 'Can I give you a tip that might help? Don't be afraid to shoot. When you look up to have a shot, just smash the ball towards the goal as hard as you can. If you can see that rectangle, just smash the bloody thing'. "I can see in him what I used to see in myself. He can't wait to get on the football field and he is magic. I have a lot of time for him because he is a good listener. "Wayne has the enthusiasm and talent to do it," said Charlton in a video message to the Soccerex conference in Rio. Adidas Predator Lethal Zone Nike Total90 Laser bviviyhs18tuyrr
07:59 AM on 12/05/12
Kugyrk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Champions League Arsenal beaten by Olympiakos to qualify as Group B runners-up lebron 10 shoe The Greeks completed the turn around eight minutes later. Mitroglou, who had come off the bench only a minute earlier, was gifted time and space to turn on the edge of the box before curling a lovely low shot around Szczesny. With both sides happy to attack, Aaron Ramsey was wasteful when Marouane Chamakh headed Oxlade-Chamberlain's cross back towards the penalty spot in the 17th minute, but the midfielder horribly miskicked an attempted first-time shot with his left foot. A spell of Olympiakos pressure followed, with Rosicky having to kick Vasilis Torosidis' header away from the far post following a corner, before Wojciech Szczesny was forced to parry away Abdoun's 24th-minute drive from inside the box. Six minutes before half-time, however, Arsenal made the hosts pay for their missed chances. With qualification already secure for the knockout stages, if not top spot, Arsene Wenger made seven changes from the weekend defeat to Swansea. Defender Jernade Meade, 20, was handed his Champions League debut, while the Arsenal boss packed his bench with youngsters Zak Ansah, Sead Hajrovic, Elton Monteiro and 17-year-old English striker Chuba Akpom. Nike Free Run 2 Adidas Crazy 8(IIX) bviviyhs18tuyrr

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos