AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Mp3 News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Mp3
Inside AP.net

Pentimento Offers Free HQ Download Of New Record Via...

Posted by: Christian Wagner (12/11/12)
Bandcamp has made Pentimento's new record available once again. The band has been able to generate 1,200 unique download codes for the record which would allow anyone who doesn't have it yet, or anyone who's interested in getting the record in HQ formats to pick it up for free. All you have to get a download code is tweet at them, shoot them a message on Facebook or send an e-mail.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
08:15 AM on 12/11/12
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
Recently got into these guys.
08:20 AM on 12/11/12
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
Groovy.
08:24 AM on 12/11/12
ViTOP
http://twitter.com/VitoPagano
User Info.
Get some !

This record will make many folks EOTY !!!
08:38 AM on 12/11/12
CPF--FBR
@ConnorMEB | Mind Equals Blown
User Info.
Seriously. Get this record.
09:57 AM on 12/11/12
nickthehick2
King of France
User Info.
Why was it taken down?
10:22 AM on 12/11/12
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
I hope this was properly encoded. About the half the bandcamp downloads I grab in VBR are fucked. I wonder who's to blame.
10:30 AM on 12/11/12
Aneurisms07
User Info.
This record is worth it. Go grab it while you can!
10:33 AM on 12/11/12
waybackhome
Pentimento / Mike Hansen
User Info.
I hope this was properly encoded. About the half the bandcamp downloads I grab in VBR are fucked. I wonder who's to blame.
Should be all set man. We went through Bandcamp to set up a private download link for the record, making it available in a bunch of different formats. Shouldn't have any issues, but if you do...message us and we'll make sure to get you something in .wav or FLAC.
10:37 AM on 12/11/12
Wutz
Don't Worry, I'm A Pilot
User Info.
Why was it taken down?
http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2951122

There's a bit more buried in that link but - trying to say this without implicating either side (someone please correct me if I'm wrong):

Pentimento and Panic Records (Pentimento's former label) have a disagreement about how they parted company.

Panic seems to think they have some sort of stake in the new record, Pentimento disagrees.

Pentimento has released the record for free (to try to get around the issues with Panic) but Panic seems to have enough of a claim to it that they have been able to repeatedly pull down songs/downloads. Also, bandcamp has a limited number of free downloads (over a defined time period, I'm not 100% sure). At a certain point, you have to start paying for downloads, either the band or the people downloading.

I don't know anything about the actual facts or the Pentimento vs. Panic thing, but that much is observable from the outside.

Also observable is how fuckin' good that record is. It's really excellent.
10:42 AM on 12/11/12
waybackhome
Pentimento / Mike Hansen
User Info.
I'd just like to tell you guys how much we appreciate you picking up the record and giving it a listen. I can't begin to explain how much it means to us. Thank you. Also, thanks to AP.net for posting. Christian is like a bald version of Tom Cruise before he was insane.
10:50 AM on 12/11/12
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
You are crazy if you don't download this. Such a good album.
11:02 AM on 12/11/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
wasn't expecting to like this record, but i like it a lot. everyone should grab this.
12:23 PM on 12/11/12
onautolux
CC
User Info.
I'd just like to tell you guys how much we appreciate you picking up the record and giving it a listen. I can't begin to explain how much it means to us. Thank you. Also, thanks to AP.net for posting. Christian is like a bald version of Tom Cruise before he was insane.
12:40 PM on 12/11/12
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Should be all set man. We went through Bandcamp to set up a private download link for the record, making it available in a bunch of different formats. Shouldn't have any issues, but if you do...message us and we'll make sure to get you something in .wav or FLAC.
Appreciate the follow up. I'm going to grab it this evening. If I see anything wrong, I'll let you know. Good to see you're a band who appreciates doing this right.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests