Username
Password
Property of Zack News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Property of Zack
Inside AP.net

POZ Presents: Bayside Interview

Posted by: Drew Beringer (12/13/12)
PropertyOfZack recently interviewed Nick Ghanbarian of Bayside. They discussed plans for writing and recording new music, record label shopping, and much more.
From The InterviewWe’ve got to start hammering out what label is going to be best for us. In a perfect world, we’ll go back with Gil again. He was the best we’ve ever worked with and put our best foot forward with him. It’d be great to have that again. Maybe do it in a different state. We did it in Woodstock and Hoboken. It’d be cool to go to California. Your surroundings to reflect on the album. That’s why Shudder sounds happy to me; we were all in California under the sun. In a perfect world, we hope that’s an option.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27.
01:42 PM on 12/13/12
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I love "Shudder". To this day it's my favorite Bayside record.
02:33 PM on 12/13/12
dicktony
Plots//Latecomer//etc.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Shudder is definitely an album that people are going to appreciate more down the line. Self Titled will probably always be my favorite Bayside record (because nothing is going to be bring me back to that time in my life), but Shudder is a close second.
02:36 PM on 12/13/12
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Loved both Shudder and Killing Time, more of the same will be great.
02:39 PM on 12/13/12
MrGlanthor
The next Paul Heyman Guy
User Info.
Maybe there the Hopeless signing?
02:43 PM on 12/13/12
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i think the thing with shudder isn't that people didn't like it, it's that it's hard to rank it high when the band's also put out bayside, the walking wounded, and killing time. not to mention the acoustic record.
03:43 PM on 12/13/12
Brandon Allin
Rented World
User Info.
Shudder is neck and neck with Killing Time and the self-titled for me.
03:53 PM on 12/13/12
Deartragedy88
User Info.
I listen to Shudder more than any of their other material. They definitely neglect that album in their live sets and I'm getting tired of it. I thought Boy was going to be a staple in their live set as soon as I heard it. I was definitely wrong. I wish they would not keep playing the same songs off Self-titled, Killing Time, and The Walking Wounded too. I would also like to see a non Masterpiece song from Sirens played from time to time. I know they have been okay at trying to mix it up on their headlining and co-headlining sets, but they play it safe with their sets too much in my opinion.
04:47 PM on 12/13/12
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
User Info.
I listen to Shudder more than any of their other material. They definitely neglect that album in their live sets and I'm getting tired of it. I thought Boy was going to be a staple in their live set as soon as I heard it. I was definitely wrong. I wish they would not keep playing the same songs off Self-titled, Killing Time, and The Walking Wounded too. I would also like to see a non Masterpiece song from Sirens played from time to time. I know they have been okay at trying to mix it up on their headlining and co-headlining sets, but they play it safe with their sets too much in my opinion.
Bayside has been my favorite band since their self titled came out, i've seen them somewhere between 7-9 times and have to agree with you. One of my favorite concert moments is them playing "Guardrail" on the take action tour. But that took some nagging at an in store before the concert.

also, Victory needs to loosen their death grip on the rights to these albums and give them to a label who knows how to press a record. I'm spinning Shudder right now and the sound quality is like listening to it on an ipod with dollar store headphones. damn shame.
05:31 PM on 12/13/12
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
Shudder is their worst album. Hmmm
05:47 PM on 12/13/12
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I didn't even know they left Wind-Up.
06:03 PM on 12/13/12
ACA
Next Show: Silverstein @ NYC 4/25
User Info.
This band's worst albums are better than 90% of the bands generally covered on this site. A quick glance at the frontpage confirms this.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to them shaking up their setlists a bit (I'm probably one of those people who has seen Bayside at least 18 times). "OK GUYS, THIS IS DEVOTION AND DESIRE, ITS OUR LAST SONG, GO NUTS" - every show.
06:15 PM on 12/13/12
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
loved everything theyve ever put out
07:22 PM on 12/13/12
The_Effort
User Info.
I think shudder is a good album but definitely their weakest. In my opinion, the songs were all strong but almost felt-- how do I say this-- nursery rhyme-y I suppose. The progressions and verses were all solid, and every single chorus was incredibly catchy, but something about the songs on the album always hit me as sort of bland and boring, specifically in the melodies. Like someone said before, their worst album is better than a lot of bands best, but in my personal opinion, I do think that shudder is their worst album.
07:32 PM on 12/13/12
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
Few things..

1. i LOVE how divided people are when it comes to Baysides best/worst records are. People are always strongly opinionated, but always open-minded when it comes to other peoples opinions. Kind of rare..

2. I loved Shudder. 2nd favorite album of theirs without a doubt.

3. I don't think their next album will be good. I just have this strange feeling. I really, really hope I'm wrong.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS