12:14 PM on 01/22/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
^^
12:16 PM on 01/22/13
Theseventhson
User Info.
Still trying to justify liking this I see, don't give up the good fight dude.
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
lol really?

I've just taken note of the fact that the most consistent and strongly worded criticism of the music has come from people who openly trolled the fact that the campaigned gained steam quickly, before there was any substance to judge other than the group's popularity.

I don't need those people to like the music I like, because there are more than enough people who do. I'm not entirely sure why you think me explaining a concept that I could easily prove with quotes (if I had the free hours to sift through that massive Shone thread) equates to me taking those people "too personally."

The same way you can basely judge the music as straight-up terrible, I can judge some of the people hating on it as basing their own judgments off something other than the music itself.
Do you seriously need to reply to every single post with a fucking novel? You're taking the criticism too personally and every time you reply you're just making it worse on yourself. Just let it fucking go. People don't like it, they will say they won't like it and people like you will reply like you always do and it gives them a kick.
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.

I don't disagree haha
12:19 PM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
Do you seriously need to reply to every single post with a fucking novel? You're taking the criticism too personally and every time you reply you're just making it worse on yourself. Just let it fucking go. People don't like it, they will say they won't like it and people like you will reply like you always do and it gives them a kick.
You realize all those things apply in the other direction, don't you? I'm chilling in my dining hall before a meeting, reading the thread, and writing what I think. If you don't like it, you'll say it. I disagree, so I'll say it. You get a kick out of me, I get a kick out of you. The only difference is that I'm not the one telling anyone that they can't..

Edit - I'm sorry if me being verbose is a problem for you. I invite you to block me so you don't have to see my terrible posts.
12:21 PM on 01/22/13
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
You realize all those things apply in the other direction, don't you? I'm chilling in my dining hall before a meeting, reading the thread, and writing what I think. If you don't like it, you'll say it. I disagree, so I'll say it. You get a kick out of me, I get a kick out of you. The only difference is that I'm not the one telling anyone that they can't..

Edit - I'm sorry if me being verbose is a problem for you. I invite you to block me so you don't have to see my terrible posts.
You're completely missing the point but OK.
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
viral marketing seemed like it was trying to be 'dark' and creepy, then the music sounds like a throwaway song from the 80s plus those goofy as fuck vocals - if i'd been following this shit, i'd feel like they pulled a bait and switch on me.
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
Well this project didn't turn out the way I had hoped.
12:23 PM on 01/22/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.

12:23 PM on 01/22/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
You're completely missing the point but OK.

It might have something to do with your point relying on me to care what you think in order to be valid.

Well this project didn't turn out the way I had hoped.
Unfortunately, the rest of the album doesn't offer much for people who haven't liked the first few tracks. Last night during the listening party I was kinda hoping for something markedly diverse, but it's pretty cohesive in terms of the overall sound of the record.
12:25 PM on 01/22/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
It might have something to do with your point relying on me to care what you think in order to be valid.

hahahaha, keep replying to him trying to convince him you don't care. it's amusing.
12:31 PM on 01/22/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
who's all in this band anyway?
12:31 PM on 01/22/13
Travis Parno
my sensible heart
User Info.
dunno, kind of interesting. reminds me of The Matches at points, at least in spirit
12:34 PM on 01/22/13
caveBEAR
( ω )
User Info.
who's all in this band anyway?

brand new
12:37 PM on 01/22/13
wall e
@mattobrien37
User Info.
It's all the members of Brand New and the cast of Sesame Street having a jam session
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests