User Info.
nah, the record is trash

I stand by my statement of you being crazy
04:30 PM on 01/22/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Pioneer sold pretty well independently.

It sold over 12,000 units in the first week. It sold well and got great reviews.
04:34 PM on 01/22/13
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
I stand by my statement of you being crazy
not that you should listen to other people's opinions, but my opinion is certainly a popular one

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2534052
04:49 PM on 01/22/13
parkerisjolley
User Info.
Am I the only person who thinks this band has gotten better with each release? Pioneer was great and miles ahead from the All Time Low pop of their first record.
Looking forward to this, Brendan Benson's Lapalco is a great album.
agreed, didn't really care for black and white but i thought pioneer was a great album, really excited to see where they go on this next one, I have a good feeling about it. I don't really understand why they don't get a lot of love around here
04:53 PM on 01/22/13
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nice dudes and all, but another band that needs to just call it a day, or change your name and start over because no one will care about this release.
They're still able to sell out tours playing 800 cap rooms and their last record sold 12k first week, despite it being self-released and them moving away from their bubblegum pop sound. They're making enough money that it pays all of their bills and then some. It's not like their a band like Rookie of the Year that is still releasing records but can barely draw 30 kids to a show.
04:54 PM on 01/22/13
plns
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pioneer sold pretty well independently.
I think that it should also be noted that the "independent" label they released it through is their own label.
05:07 PM on 01/22/13
NorthstarPark
Jiggin'
User Info.
This band is boring and will always be boring.
05:18 PM on 01/22/13
wixter
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So excited for this. I think "Pioneer" is a great step in the right direction for them and this 4th album is going to advance their career.
05:42 PM on 01/22/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I can't stand their early works of this band but really loved Pioneer. They got their shit in gear and made a good album but it felt like just the begging. Anyone who wanted them to continue to keep making neon pop garbage won't be disappointed cause 100s of high school bands are doing that.
05:44 PM on 01/22/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Pioneer is only boring to those who don't like progression and have an unhealthy love for bubblegum pop and neon colors.
05:50 PM on 01/22/13
justsurrendrfan
jsfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Let's see what style direction this goes in. I don't want another Pioneer. It was okay, but I'm hoping the next one is back to the catchy stuff of Black and white.
06:05 PM on 01/22/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Each of their albums has been fantastic in its own right; CSWS was great unashamed pop-rock, they grew up a little bit and released another great album in B&W, and finally Pioneer was them growing up even more and testing the waters as an independent band. Now that they've reached a point of comfort and balance I think they can craft their best album yet.

EDIT: Only talking about the major full-lengths...not the EPs etc.
06:09 PM on 01/22/13
WasteSomeTime
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Pioneer was atrociously boring in my opinion. I don't get how this site can be in love with The Summer Set (it made the most anticipated list for gods sake) but absolutely trash everything The Maine did before Pioneer. Honestly they were probably my favorite straight up pop band with The Way We Talk and CSWS. Don't have high hopes for this
I can the summer set has a very catchy sound and are actually good, not boring as hell.
06:17 PM on 01/22/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
sounds awesome to me.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT