Username
Password
Politics News - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 130 of 130.
08:17 AM on 01/24/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This really sucks and it's weird to see people defending it, like, passionately. It offends me as a musician, singer, and serviceman.

We know she can sing. But that day she didn't. She pretended to. When Francis Scott Key wrote the lyrics, he wasn't pretending to be detained on a British warship.

Every excuse that you guys are offering for her is neutralized by the fact that Kelly Clarkson sang, in the shitty weather, on the biggest stage, without forgetting the words or missing the notes. While hundreds of thousands of other performers would have killed for the honor of performing the Star Spangled Banner for such a huge event--potential for humiliation and all-- Beyonce was given the opportunity and she faked it.

Kanye wouldn't even show up to that fake shit.

Lol Kanye's been caught lip syncing a million times. And yeah, he wouldn't have shown up because they wouldn't have asked someone with zero singing talent to sing the national anthem.

She did sing it, it was just prerecorded to sound spot on in the weather. It's a whole lot easier to sing a song when the band is backing you than when you do it alone. Use your head man.
09:45 AM on 01/24/13
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.
Lol Kanye's been caught lip syncing a million times. And yeah, he wouldn't have shown up because they wouldn't have asked someone with zero singing talent to sing the national anthem.

I know that, it was just a lil joke

Quote:
She did sing it, it was just prerecorded to sound spot on in the weather. It's a whole lot easier to sing a song when the band is backing you than when you do it alone. Use your head man.

There was an instrumental accompaniment on the track she prerecorded, and a band of spectacular musicians on site prepared to accompany her, so I'm not sure why you mention this. It's obvious but irrelevant--just like the first point that she sang it in a studio and then showed up on inauguration day to pretend to perform it. Cool, she has a good voice, but she wasn't prepared to handle the tough assignment live, and LOTS of people, including a few who performed in the very same conditions, were. Faking it in dramatic fashion was disingenuous. Yes, it's what just anyone would have done, but performing for the president at a state event would seem to warrant acting above the level of "just anyone."
10:13 AM on 01/24/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Jesus. Guess who actually cares? No one.

I'm sure Obama is executing his excommunication orders as I type!!!!
10:16 AM on 01/24/13
Ryan Dennehy
it's just me & u
User Info.
This really sucks and it's weird to see people defending it, like, passionately. It offends me as a musician, singer, and serviceman.

We know she can sing. But that day she didn't. She pretended to. When Francis Scott Key wrote the lyrics, he wasn't pretending to be detained on a British warship.

Every excuse that you guys are offering for her is neutralized by the fact that Kelly Clarkson sang, in the shitty weather, on the biggest stage, without forgetting the words or missing the notes. While hundreds of thousands of other performers would have killed for the honor of performing the Star Spangled Banner for such a huge event--potential for humiliation and all-- Beyonce was given the opportunity and she faked it.

Kanye wouldn't even show up to that fake shit.

This doesn't affect me at all, but yeah, I don't get how people, particularly music fans, can accept lip synching. Not shocking that it happens. That doesn't stop it from being totally wrong, though...

The Marine Corps band backtracked and said they don't know if she lipsynced. Try to keep up.
10:48 AM on 01/24/13
fran.182
Euphoric disconnection
User Info.
The Marine Corps band backtracked and said they don't know if she lipsynced. Try to keep up.
My point is not any particular case, but the bigger scheme of things... If she didn't do it that's better (of course).

I'm not bothered about it. It bothers me more that people think lip synching is ok. If they didn't it wouldn't happen...
03:17 PM on 01/24/13
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
if the opportunity presented itself, i would have sex with beyonce
03:22 PM on 01/24/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
if the opportunity presented itself, i would have sex with beyonce
Don't tell Jay-Z that
04:04 PM on 01/24/13
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
User Info.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2541359.html

the "backtrack" was pretty clearly a hasty attempt by a superior to "smooth over" a faux-pas committed by an annoyed subordinate.
07:45 PM on 01/24/13
The Summer Ends
COYS
User Info.
i could take jay-z i'm pretty tall
08:04 PM on 01/24/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know that, it was just a lil joke

There was an instrumental accompaniment on the track she prerecorded, and a band of spectacular musicians on site prepared to accompany her, so I'm not sure why you mention this. It's obvious but irrelevant--just like the first point that she sang it in a studio and then showed up on inauguration day to pretend to perform it. Cool, she has a good voice, but she wasn't prepared to handle the tough assignment live, and LOTS of people, including a few who performed in the very same conditions, were. Faking it in dramatic fashion was disingenuous. Yes, it's what just anyone would have done, but performing for the president at a state event would seem to warrant acting above the level of "just anyone."

Obama doesnt seem so pissed, why do you? Maybe she was sick that day or something YOU NEVER KNOW!!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS