Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

LIGHTS To Release "Siberia Acoustic"

Posted by: Drew Beringer (03/04/13)
LIGHTS will be releasing Siberia Acoustic on April 30th. Lead single, "Cactus In The Valley" (feat. Owl City), will release on March 19th. You can check out more details in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
08:34 AM on 03/04/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
LIGHTS to Release "Siberia Acoustic"Electro-rock maven Lights strips down Siberia to Siberia Acoustic on April 30, featuring ten acoustic versions of tracks from her acclaimed 2011 album, via Lights Music and Last Gang Records.

Siberia Acoustic features guest appearances by Owl City, Max Kerman of Arkells and Coeur de pirate. The first single from the album is “Cactus In The Valley” featuring Owl City, which will be available March 19.

Showcasing Lights’ love for two vastly different sounds, Siberia Acoustic is her second, beautifully stripped down and self-produced offering. In 2010, she released Lights. Acoustic., the lo-fi sister to 2009’s The Listening.

“It's really special the way just a guitar and vocal speaks to the heart, an intimacy that a lot of production can't convey quite the same way,” said Lights. “There is a time and a place for each, Siberia in its full form was a different kind of journey than this acoustic record, but this is the version of the songs I sit down and play at home when I'm alone.”

On April 30, Lights will hit the road for 11 special acoustic tour dates in the U.S. and Canada. To celebrate the tour and release of Siberia Acoustic, exclusive tickets, merchandise and album bundles will be available on March 8 through her official website at www.iamlights.com.

In 2008, Lights burst onto the scene, dominating the “MySpace Era” with over 25 million views as an indie artist. Lights’ online presence continues to soar and currently boasts over one million Facebook page “Likes” and over 450,000 Twitter followers. Through her ongoing online dedication to her fans, they have formed a “Lights Army” where she devoutly and routinely checks in with them online while on the road, in the studio, answers questions, performs new tracks for them exclusively, and much more.

Lights made headlines with her self-titled EP (2008) and garnered a string of impressive accolades for a debut artist that include: 2009 Juno Award for New Artist of the Year, double winner at both the 2009 Canadian Radio Music Awards (Best Artist AC and Best Artist HotAC) and 2009 Indie Music Awards (Solo Artist of the Year and Single of the Year). Since then, she has numerous sold out national tours under her belt, recorded two Gold studio albums in Canada, performed at festivals including Lilith Fair, Vans Warped Tour, Virgin Festival and Osheaga and has appeared with top international artists, live and on record, such as Owl City, Kaskade, Holy Fuck and Keane. Lights is currently in the studio working on her next album of original material which is due later this year.

Lights Acoustic Tour Dates:
Tuesday, April 30 San Francisco, CA Great American Music Hall
Thursday, May 2 Los Angeles, CA El Rey Theatre
Friday, May 3 Vancouver, BC Rio Theatre
Saturday, May 4 Vancouver, BC Rio Theatre
Monday, May 6 Calgary, AB Grand Theatre
Tuesday, May 7 Winnipeg, MB Garrick Centre
Wednesday, May 8 Minneapolis, MN Varsity Theater
Friday, May 10 Toronto, ON Wintergarden Theatre
Saturday, May 11 Montreal, QC Virgin Mobile Corona Theatre
Monday, May 13 Boston, MA The Sinclair
Tuesday, May 14 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom

"SIBERIA ACOUSTIC" TRACKLIST:
1. Banner
2. Cactus in the Valley (Feat. Owl City)
3. Where the Fence is Low
4. Siberia (Feat. Max Kerman of Arkells)
5. Suspension
6. Toes
7. Peace Sign (Feat. Coeur de pirate)
8. Heavy Rope
9. Flux and Flow
10. …And Counting

08:36 AM on 03/04/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This could be really cool. Going to be interesting to see how songs like Flux and Flow are done acoustically
08:57 AM on 03/04/13
nfarreller
http://asgideonweeps.bandcamp.co m/
User Info.
Can't wait. Lights is beautiful.
09:02 AM on 03/04/13
kismet
Occasionally a fan girl
User Info.
I'm not really sure how I feel about Owl City on "Cactus in the Valley" but I'll definitely be picking this up regardless. I love it when she does acoustic stuff.
09:34 AM on 03/04/13
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
Can't wait to hear this. I'm surprised that big long press release doesn't cover how this will be released, but I'd love to have this on vinyl.
09:55 AM on 03/04/13
eriatarka24
User Info.
I really wanted "Timing is Everything". oh well.

Also, " Lights is currently in the studio working on her next album of original material which is due later this year."
!!!!

10:20 AM on 03/04/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
I really can't wait for this. I enjoy all of her music, but the acoustic EP has to be the release that I enjoy the most.
10:43 AM on 03/04/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Very excited for this
10:47 AM on 03/04/13
Nardes
User Info.
Cannot wait to hear Flux and Flow acoustic!!!
10:56 AM on 03/04/13
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
beyond excited for this, always loved her acoustic work.
11:33 AM on 03/04/13
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
I love her acoustic sound. She has the right voice for it. She is gorgeous.
11:34 AM on 03/04/13
nickdep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So excited to hear Siberia with the guy from Arkells. Gonna be sweet.
12:02 PM on 03/04/13
Fuck_yeah_dude
Doug J.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
CACTUS IN THE VALLEY WITH OWL CITY. My heart is exploding.
01:02 PM on 03/04/13
turningdrummer
User Info.
Not big on "...And Counting," but I'll deal.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests