AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Stolen News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Passafire Gets Robbed

Posted by - 08:00 AM on 03/05/13
Passafire got robbed last week. Read the band's statement in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
08:01 AM on 03/05/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
StatementDearest Friends, Family, and Fans,

We would like to extend our deepest gratitude to all who came out to show love on the Heatseekers Tour 2013! It was great to be out on the road with our friends Iration and Pacific Dub. As a gift to you, we will be releasing a live "Best of the Heatseekers Tour 2013" album that will be available for free download as soon as we get it together.

The trip home from CA to GA was long and we actually broke down one night which set us back a day, but we made it home in time for Nick's awesome wedding. Though this past weekend was filled with lots of dancing and celebration, it was hard not to think about the tremendous blow we suffered on Thursday morning of last week. Some of you may be aware that our trailer was broken into and a lot of gear was stolen, but I will try to explain the entire story as best I can.

We arrived home Wednesday night around 10:30 pm and parked our van and trailer outside my house on 60th St. in Savannah, GA. Knowing we had a few friends coming to stay for the weekend (for Nick's wedding) we were up until about 3 am cleaning up the house and getting settled in again after being gone for 1.5 months. My friend was to arrive at 7am after an all night drive so I woke up at 7 to greet him as he pulled up. When I looked outside to see if his car was in the driveway, I noticed that our trailer doors were wide open and immediately thought that someone had gone in there to grab something and forgot to close it. Infuriated, I ran outside to shut the doors where I realized that the hasp had been cut with bolt cutters. When I looked inside the trailer a feeling of absolute terror came over me as I noticed that the whole stack of keyboards, basses, and guitars was missing. I immediately called the police and an officer was sent to take down the police report. We moved the trailer to a safe location for the weekend knowing that we would probably have to wait until Monday to get the lock fixed. When we brought the trailer back to the house we did a thorough check to see if there was anything else missing. At this point we realized that my Vox amp head was also missing bringing this up to a $9,241 burglary. After filing a claim with my home owner's insurance (we don't have insurance on the trailer because it requires that we install a $5,000 lock system which we cannot afford up front) I was informed that they would only cover $2,500 of the loss because "not all of the items were mine." So... here we are with a $2,500 check coming in about 5-6 weeks, and about 5 shows to play before the end of this month. Needless to say, we're pretty screwed. Here's a list of what was stolen...

Schecter Stilletto 5 Bass Guitar ($579.00)
Ernie Ball Musicman Custom Bass Guitar ($1,500.00)
Gibson Les Paul Special Guitar ($1,200)
Gibson SG Standard Guitar ($1,200)
Roland Juno Di Keyboard ($699.00)
Roland Lucina AX-09 Keytar ($399.00)
Vox AD120VTH Guitar Amp Head ($789.00)
Cases for all items ($1,375.00)

TOTAL: $7,741

We need your help recovering what was lost. So many people have already offered up their equipment and we appreciate everyone's generosity. We've been asked where people can donate and we were waiting to see what insurance would cover. Now that we know, we are aware that we need to raise about $5,241 to replace all of this stolen gear. If you would like to help us out, please go to the donations page. Every little bit counts and we will be forever grateful for your contribution.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...7PKE9DL3YA B8

Ultimately, we cannot play shows without instruments, so it is crucial that we replace what was stolen as soon as possible. Thanks for being the best fans any band could ever have. We couldn't do this without your loving support and we thank you for always being there for us in tough times like these.

One last thought.... I have been robbed four times since July of 2012. This needs to stop. We need to stop stealing, lying, and cheating one another. There is no way we can expect to progress as a human race when all we do is strike each other down. Live honestly and treat others as you would be treated. No one deserves to be robbed, or raped, or killed for any reason. Not trying to preach, but there is way too much negativity in the world today. All we can do is counter it with positive thoughts and actions. Thanks for reading. Have a good day.

Sincerely,

Ted Bowne
(guitar/vocals Passafire)
08:05 AM on 03/05/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is so sad. No band deserves this...but these guys are amazing musicians and incredible people on top of it al. Ugh.
08:27 AM on 03/05/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
That sucks. There's no hope for the human race. Sooner or later it's gonna have to come down with someone sleeping in the trailer every night with a shotgun
08:47 AM on 03/05/13
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Man, that sucks. But parked in front of his house? Carry that gear inside! I never leave gear in vehicles, especially smaller stuf like guitars, keyboards, etc...

Hopefully they recover some of it.
08:53 AM on 03/05/13
kcpunk
Aaron - my username is dumb
User Info.
Fuck man. I love these guys. Seen them a bunch of times and met them. Great dudes. Gonna try to help out.
09:13 AM on 03/05/13
alexa_ATL
Pretty eyed, pirate smile
User Info.
Damn that's shitty, those dudes are so talented and genuine. Hopefully I can help 'em out a little bit.
09:29 AM on 03/05/13
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
Maybe if bands would have someone travel with them to look after the trailer/van this wouldn't happen
03:42 PM on 03/05/13
ShayDe
User Info.
Maybe if bands would have someone travel with them to look after the trailer/van this wouldn't happen
most bands can definitely not afford that.
06:47 PM on 03/05/13
JordanKTM
Right Back At It Again
User Info.
most bands can definitely not afford that.

Just a friend of the band or something

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version