Username
Password
No Sleep Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
No Sleep Records
Inside AP.net

Stream New Mixtapes Song

Posted by: Drew Beringer (04/10/13)
You can stream a new Mixtapes song titled "Elevator Days" over at AV Club. It's off the band's upcoming album, Ordinary Silence, which hits stores on June 25th. You can pre-order it here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 33
10:08 AM on 04/10/13
uofmhockey07
User Info.
i love mixtapes but not too sure after one listen. hopefully itll grow on me.
10:18 AM on 04/10/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah that's on par with the new Transit record. Just why.
10:22 AM on 04/10/13
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
This sounds pretty much exactly as I expected it to.
10:25 AM on 04/10/13
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
Think it sounds better than EOTWN. Good stuff.
10:35 AM on 04/10/13
Jat
Where you been?
User Info.
I dig this a lot. I like a good amount of songs off of their last album, so if this is any indication, I'm excited for this to come out. The A.V Club is a weird place to premier this kind of music, though..
10:45 AM on 04/10/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Yeah that's on par with the new Transit record. Just why.
Comparing Mixtapes and Transit seems a little weird if you ask me. Mixtapes's very nature of a band doesn't actually create any expectations. Their songs are almost supposed to be somewhat average -- but that helps contribute to the "hey these guys are just like you and me" that makes the band awesome. The new song doesn't help push any new musical boundaries, but Mixtapes aren't boundary pushers to begin with.

Meanwhile, Transit did create some expectations with L&F and then were victimized by their own success on Young New England. I know they can do better, so I expect better.
10:50 AM on 04/10/13
wheniflysolo
User Info.
i generally am not a fan at all of this band, but i actually enjoyed jamming this. its got an old weezer vibe in some ways
10:52 AM on 04/10/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Comparing Mixtapes and Transit seems a little weird if you ask me. Mixtapes's very nature of a band doesn't actually create any expectations. Their songs are almost supposed to be somewhat average -- but that helps contribute to the "hey these guys are just like you and me" that makes the band awesome. The new song doesn't help push any new musical boundaries, but Mixtapes aren't boundary pushers to begin with.

Meanwhile, Transit did create some expectations with L&F and then were victimized by their own success on Young New England. I know they can do better, so I expect better.

You lost me when you said the point is that they're not good. Lol.
11:15 AM on 04/10/13
SuchAPerson22
bert macklin, FBI
User Info.
Sounds good to me, man. I love this band.
11:27 AM on 04/10/13
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.

I think saying their songs are supposed to be "somewhat average" is selling the band short. By a long-shot. To a certain extent, I get what I think you're trying to say -- The songs aren't complicated. But ultimately, I think for a band to be succesful playing music like this ("pop-punk" for lack of a better term) there needs to be a certain level of songwriting. From my perspective, that's the band's strong suit. The lyrics, the hooks, etc. They aren't trying to bowl everybody over with insane guitar solos but...They do have a strong tendency to write catchy-ass pop songs that are relatable to a wide breadth of individuals while including fairly specific details that create a storytelling vibe.

I have expectations for this band. High ones. They just don't relate to crazy drum fills or fret work, y'know?
11:36 AM on 04/10/13
TriangularDuck
we will set sail the prairie
User Info.
Phenomenal song, better than everything but Russian House DJ off their last. I'm all about that Weezer feel.
11:37 AM on 04/10/13
zomgbrandnew
User Info.
anyone else getting a sum 41 feel on the chorus?
11:50 AM on 04/10/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
i bet their show in Tinley Park IL is with Real Friends.
11:50 AM on 04/10/13
kennyrules
User Info.
I got exactly what I expected when I pressed play. If you're a Mixtapes fan, you'll like it. If not, I can't imagine this converting you.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests