AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 174.
01:32 PM on 04/17/13
dlowder
User Info.
I am grinning ear to ear right now. Thanks, guys. =)
Hey Mark, can I get a random dude apparently from Jersey in on a guest list at some show, I don't know which one yet?

Puttin' the band back together and I'm already driving you nuts with my nonsense. It's totally 2003 all over again.
01:33 PM on 04/17/13
dlowder
User Info.
If you're serious about the guestlist thing I'm in. Ill PM you. I'm sorry if I offended you with my comments, I've just been wary of all these 10 year and reunion tours because I feel like with te recent rash of them, not all the bands are in it for the right reasons. I'm glad to see that at least from this pos an the initial statement that you guys are. Good luck with these last shows.
I'm 100% serious. And you're getting a tee shirt. But it's going to be XXXL. And you have to wear it the whole time.
01:33 PM on 04/17/13
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
I am grinning ear to ear right now. Thanks, guys. =)
Seriously mark, we are going to NEED a Boston providence or ct date! This is the best news ever.
01:35 PM on 04/17/13
jusscali
User Info.
I'm 100% serious. And you're getting a tee shirt. But it's going to be XXXL. And you have to wear it the whole time.
I love you haha
01:38 PM on 04/17/13
dlowder
User Info.
01:40 PM on 04/17/13
jusscali
User Info.
Get me a New England date!!!
01:40 PM on 04/17/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
very glad you guys are hitting st louis on this little tour. cant wait.
01:41 PM on 04/17/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
This is Dan from the band here. While I appreciate your candor and informed opinion on the matter, I can assure you that I personally could give less than zero fucks about playing to sold out rooms of any size, shape, or color. I don't speak for anyone else in the band, but I'm sure they feel the exact same way about it.

I never got a last show. I just quit after playing in Des Moines, Iowa. It wasn't how I wanted to go out, but it's how it went down. Now, I'm older, I've been away from the music industry long enough to not hate the idea of music, and I want to pick up my guitar and play again.

I'm excited as hell for this opportunity. I'm 32, I'm trying to have a family here soon, I'm going to (finally) have a college degree in short order, so this is my last chance to get in my last shows. Please don't poop on my parade.

Also, I totally agree that we weren't noteworthy when we were around before. I never felt that way about us, and maybe that's why I couldn't be in a touring band for my whole life. I never sought out to try and have a pile of money to roll around in, or glean fame. I always wanted to make something special for me. If other people liked it enough to show up ten years after the fact, that's fantastic, and I'm really quite happy that I can give them something to look forward to and/or possibly enjoy. It's not about trying to show the world that we were noteworthy. I just want to play a damn show again.

E-mail me and I'll put you on the guest list.
I posted a million times in this thread, but your reply did a pretty swank job. Can't wait to see you guys in Chicago. And I also wouldn't turn down the gust list! Ha
01:43 PM on 04/17/13
absolution
User Info.
I went to the free show they played a couple months ago in NYC. May go to this if I have nothing better to do, I like that one song they played on Victory Tv back in the day.
that was a great show...Rob Hitt seemed to enjoy it but not enough TO DO THE SAME WITH HIS OWN BAND
01:45 PM on 04/17/13
KidLightning
Esquire
User Info.
If it weren't for Patton Oswalt, this would've been the best thing I'd seen all day.
01:51 PM on 04/17/13
punchlinekid182
This wind changed me
User Info.
i loved this album when it came out. can't believe that was 10 years ago
01:52 PM on 04/17/13
a speedo model
an enthusiast
User Info.
Chicago first stop? Hell yes. Plan on grabbing myself a pair.
01:55 PM on 04/17/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
I've seen the name mentioned next to bands I like for years, yet have never given them a listen. I assume I should start with this album?
01:57 PM on 04/17/13
jtwoodruff
User Info.
I leave for Warped Tour on June 10th. And you better damn believe that I am driving 12 hours round trip from Dayton Ohio to see this in Chicago. This band was influential to tons of bands and fans. They are all good people, and are a treat to watch.
Mark Rose better grow his sideburns back out for this.
Dan better play a tele.
TJ better wear fingerless gloves.
And JD's hair better be curly as fuck.

In an era of bands breaking up, pre-programmed stage moves, and karaoke singing contests creating stars...let's celebrate a group of friends playing together again for the love of their songs and fans.

Can't wait boys.
JT
01:58 PM on 04/17/13
jusscali
User Info.
Well said.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates