Username
Password
Tragic Hero Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Tragic Hero Records
Inside AP.net

A Skylit Drive Start Writing New Album

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (04/22/13)
A Skylit Drive have begun writing their new album with Jim Wirt (Incubus, Hoobastank, Alien Ant Farm). Their new album is set to be released through Tragic Hero Records.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 39
08:18 AM on 04/22/13
Djentleman
User Info.
thought they were on Fearless
08:19 AM on 04/22/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
So they're back on Tragic Hero? Wasn't Fearless Records working out for them?
08:20 AM on 04/22/13
mikeisonfire
User Info.
Their contract probably expired.
08:20 AM on 04/22/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.

So they're back on Tragic Hero? Wasn't Fearless Records working out for them?

Press Release I got:
Cleveland, OH) – A Skylit Drive entered Crushtone Studios in Cleveland, OH this past week to work with platinum producer Jim Wirt (Incubus, Hoobastank, Alien Ant Farm.) The band worked on two tracks that will be on their upcoming album being released on Tragic Hero Records. “I thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent in Cleveland with producer Jim Wirt,” says vocalist Michael “Jag” Jagmin. “It's a nice change of pace writing with someone outside of the band. We're used to writing our albums completely secluded locked away in a practice spot somewhere. Including someone as knowledgeable as Jim into the mix has been a great benefit for us.” They will be retuning to Cleveland to write more songs with Wirt after their concert in the Philippines for the PULP Summer Slam ‘13. A Skylit Drive will also record demo tracks with Kit Walters (Alesana, Letlive, He Is Legend) and Mitchell Marlow (In This Moment). The brand new single Fallen is available on iTunes.

A Skylit Drive is a post-hardcore band from Lodi, California. Their first full-length album Wires and the Concept of Breathing broke into the Billboard Top 200 and helped to establish the band as a prominent act in the music scene. The band’s current line-up consists of Michael “Jag” Jagmin (vocals), Brian White (bass/vocals), Nick Miller (guitar), Cory La Quay (drums), and Kyle Simmons (keyboards/synthesizers)
08:23 AM on 04/22/13
Psib
When I get home I'll get high alone
User Info.
Im pretty excited for this. I felt their last album was really close to being great but didnt quite get there
08:29 AM on 04/22/13
Handraa
.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Tragic Hero eh? Good for them. Good guys.
08:34 AM on 04/22/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Press Release I got:
Cleveland, OH) – A Skylit Drive entered Crushtone Studios in Cleveland, OH this past week to work with platinum producer Jim Wirt (Incubus, Hoobastank, Alien Ant Farm.) The band worked on two tracks that will be on their upcoming album being released on Tragic Hero Records. “I thoroughly enjoyed the time we spent in Cleveland with producer Jim Wirt,” says vocalist Michael “Jag” Jagmin. “It's a nice change of pace writing with someone outside of the band. We're used to writing our albums completely secluded locked away in a practice spot somewhere. Including someone as knowledgeable as Jim into the mix has been a great benefit for us.” They will be retuning to Cleveland to write more songs with Wirt after their concert in the Philippines for the PULP Summer Slam ‘13. A Skylit Drive will also record demo tracks with Kit Walters (Alesana, Letlive, He Is Legend) and Mitchell Marlow (In This Moment). The brand new single Fallen is available on iTunes.

A Skylit Drive is a post-hardcore band from Lodi, California. Their first full-length album Wires and the Concept of Breathing broke into the Billboard Top 200 and helped to establish the band as a prominent act in the music scene. The band’s current line-up consists of Michael “Jag” Jagmin (vocals), Brian White (bass/vocals), Nick Miller (guitar), Cory La Quay (drums), and Kyle Simmons (keyboards/synthesizers)
Interesting. I'm stoked either way, and it's not like Tragic Hero will put any different pressures on them (being a smaller label and having put out the EP and "Wires" back in the day)
09:09 AM on 04/22/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Couple things, "Fallen" was done at Chango studios and I thought they were doing the album with him?

This Wirt guy's track record is horrendous in my opinion, hate all those bands.

I wish they would give the fans what they want and just go back to Jamie King and make Wires 2.0. I don't mean that as an insult in any way, the album is superb and stands far and away their best work.
10:35 AM on 04/22/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Wirt has a great resume, but seems like an odd match for ASD. Curious how this turns out.
10:37 AM on 04/22/13
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Couple things, "Fallen" was done at Chango studios and I thought they were doing the album with him?

I wish they would give the fans what they want and just go back to Jamie King and make Wires 2.0. I don't mean that as an insult in any way, the album is superb and stands far and away their best work.

Mr. Mizell is in Arizona now so I don't know
10:46 AM on 04/22/13
tragicherotommy
Tragic Hero Records
User Info.

Jamie actually only did the drum tracking/editing for "Wires", Kit Walters, Mitchell Marlow, and Al Jacobs did the actual production on "Wires"; and they're involved with the band once again on this record for the first time since "Wires" at the request of both the band and the label. :)
10:47 AM on 04/22/13
tragicherotommy
Tragic Hero Records
User Info.
this. I actually liked a lot of the last album but I would love nothing more than to hear wires 2.0
I think you and all the fans of "Wires" will all be very happy with this record. The demos so far are true ASD, and will not dissapoint
10:49 AM on 04/22/13
tragicherotommy
Tragic Hero Records
User Info.

Also, it should be noted that if you don't like that aspect of Jim's discography, he's also done work with Something Corporate, Jack's Mannequin, Letter Kills, The Rocket Summer, etc.
10:55 AM on 04/22/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Mr. Mizell is in Arizona now so I don't know

He moved to AZ?!
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives