AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

AP.net Related News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Wednesday Spotlight: En Serenade

Posted by - 10:20 AM on 05/01/13
There are the has-beens. The never-was. And then there are the "how the hell did we all miss this?" That is what I describe En Serenade. The North Carolina pop-punk act was a diamond in the rough of the genre. Comprised of members of bands like Farewell and The Athenian Mercury, this was a band that had a great lineage already. When breakdowns and chugs were just as commonplace as an excessive of abuse of pitch correction among these bands, En Serenade was the odd man out. Although some of the band's discography included the sound of the times, the band was at its best playing homage to the Drive-Thru days.

Driven by the confident and powerful vocals along with a knack for weaving incredible melodies, En Serenade should have been poised to be a scene powerhouse. Although the lyrics at times left more to be desired, they were honest and straightforward, yet playful enough to give itself poetic justice. The After Party EP is a 6 track showcase that teases you more than a half-naked Mila Kunis (That's for you, Keags).

I encourage you to check out the band's discography, which can be conveniently downloaded for free and leave your thoughts in the replies.

Key tracks: "Bull City Skyline," "Mile Markers," "TGIFO"

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
10:20 AM on 05/01/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
10:40 AM on 05/01/13
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
did Farewell break up?
11:32 AM on 05/01/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
did Farewell break up?
No idea what their status is. That band ruled too.
11:37 AM on 05/01/13
tbirdted
microwavetheband.bandcamp .com
User Info.
played with these guys several times back in the day. super awesome dudes and tunes. such a bummer they broke up.
12:21 PM on 05/01/13
Viva Sonata
gooberplex.tumblr.com
User Info.
This has a Fold kind of sound to it. Sign me up.

Also, Farewell was supposed to release an album a few months back but never did.
02:06 PM on 05/01/13
guitarguy211
The Starship Renegade
User Info.
Picked up their disco when they first released it for free but then it got lost...thanks for the reminder! This is really good!
02:50 PM on 05/01/13
Sawhney[rusted]
User Info.
Kinda reminds me of how Audio Karate should have been huge :/
03:56 PM on 05/01/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
No idea what their status is. That band ruled too.
There hasn't been any activity in the past months, but it seems that they didn't split up, though. And yes, they ruled so bad.
08:29 PM on 05/01/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kinda reminds me of how Audio Karate should have been huge :/
Lady Melody is the jam.
06:27 AM on 05/02/13
elemenohpe
Two pumps and a swirl.
User Info.
played with these guys several times back in the day. super awesome dudes and tunes. such a bummer they broke up.
same here. great dudes.

my band's guitarist recorded some stuff for a hardcore group that a few En Serenade dudes are in (along with 2 members of Joe Grizzley). Drag Your Chains

last I heard (I haven't been on facebook in over 6 months), Dillion (vocals for En Serenade) was in The Eno Mountain Boys

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos