AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.
Video

Another Video Interview With The 1975

Posted by: Jason Tate (07/29/13)
Matty and George of The 1975 sat down with Robert Herrera at The Troubadour to talk about their upcoming debut album, the meaning behind the song "Is There Somebody Who Can Watch You?," and a few other topics. The video is in the replies. Sidenote: New album is as good as I wanted it to be.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
11:36 AM on 07/29/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:43 AM on 07/29/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
They're so well spoken compared to other bands I've watched give interviews. Haha.
11:55 AM on 07/29/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Yes they are. I love that whole "we're not gonna tour with pop stars, we have albums to record" mentality too.
12:55 PM on 07/29/13
tarynnosaurus!
@tarynnjanine
User Info.
My expectations for this album keep growing even when I don't think they can get any higher. Goddamn.
01:04 PM on 07/29/13
Brett9
a creative username?
User Info.
They're so well spoken compared to other bands I've watched give interviews. Haha.
Awesome - love watching these interviews. Totally agree about the "well-spoken" comment.

Also awesome to hear that the album is meeting your expectations. I'm sure you don't want to say much else about it yet - but let me ask you this - are you ordering the vinyl now that you've heard the album??
01:13 PM on 07/29/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Will watch later.
01:29 PM on 07/29/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Awesome - love watching these interviews. Totally agree about the "well-spoken" comment.

Also awesome to hear that the album is meeting your expectations. I'm sure you don't want to say much else about it yet - but let me ask you this - are you ordering the vinyl now that you've heard the album??
Bought it last night after a couple beers convinced me to drop the $ on it. Hahaha.
03:26 PM on 07/29/13
suckitandsee
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Has a non-EP song been released for the album yet? Most anticipated this year... well that or AM seeing as their new song released today is absolutely golden
03:30 PM on 07/29/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Has a non-EP song been released for the album yet? Most anticipated this year... well that or AM seeing as their new song released today is absolutely golden
Not officially, but there are live versions of a few songs as well as the old version of Robbers (which is great) that are out there.
03:54 PM on 07/29/13
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
User Info.
I want this album more than any other album. In time, I want it to be my all time favorite record ever. If it can meet my ridiculously high expectations, I'll have no problem ordering both the vinyl and the deluxe CD for whatever the cost may be. I just want to sit in solitude and listen to it once right now so I can confirm my presumed love for it and make the purchase.
04:00 PM on 07/29/13
shwaz499
User Info.
Definitely most anticipated album right now.
04:06 PM on 07/29/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
As much as I love Sex and am excited for the record I am a bit surprised at how much hype it has for some people.
04:19 PM on 07/29/13
quizonmyface
Asian girls love them some Jews
User Info.

Considering the fact that his parents are Denise Welch and Tim Healy he is incredibly well spoken.
02:05 AM on 07/30/13
Grobby
Grobby
User Info.
Hope they can keep this "we got albums to record' mentality in the years to come. More bands need to think like this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos