Username
Password
Panic At the Disco News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 70.
08:10 PM on 08/12/13
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
For those soooo concerned about this becoming "Brendon at the Disco," I'll just leave this here for you:

Seriously, I'm not sure if the band could explain any better why it's just Brendan in the promo material and on the album cover. Sure, it probably would have been best just to go with an album cover that featured a non-band member or different artwork, but I'm sure there was also some pressure from the label to have a face-of-the-band out there, which, let's be honest, really has been Brendan from the get-go.
08:12 PM on 08/12/13
coasterdevils30
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't really care whose show it is. What I do care about is them putting out a terrible song followed by one that is a little better, but fairly forgettable. Album art is pretty cool tough, for what it's worth
08:12 PM on 08/12/13
mike_aaron
I sing.
User Info.
I don't get how more ppl aren't eating Gospel up. Song kicks so much ass. I don't like the use of the cigarette on the cover, but the colors look cool.
08:19 PM on 08/12/13
TakingBack152
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They are done, if you have any hope in this album you don't have much to hope for. They are heading in the same path as FOB. The only reason I got hooked on this band was A Fever You Can't Sweat out, and they completely abandon that style of music they created and incorporated.
08:20 PM on 08/12/13
anamericangod
User Info.
I don't get how more ppl aren't eating Gospel up. Song kicks so much ass. I don't like the use of the cigarette on the cover, but the colors look cool.
Yeah, probably should have stuck with coke.
08:24 PM on 08/12/13
centennial.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
where's spencer?
08:26 PM on 08/12/13
rsk423
User Info.
All of their new promo images - including FB cover photo/photo - have only had Brendon in it, along with most of the "Miss Jackson" video, and now this. Odd.
It is Pretty. Odd.

Zing!!
08:28 PM on 08/12/13
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
They are done, if you have any hope in this album you don't have much to hope for. They are heading in the same path as FOB. The only reason I got hooked on this band was A Fever You Can't Sweat out, and they completely abandon that style of music they created and incorporated.
Well, considering My Songs has gone 2x Platinum and SR&R debuted at No. 1, I'd say it's not too shabby of a road to follow.
08:29 PM on 08/12/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
All of their new promo images - including FB cover photo/photo - have only had Brendon in it, along with most of the "Miss Jackson" video, and now this. Odd.

Come on dude. Spencer is trying to stay low. Dallon even answered this for himself...
08:30 PM on 08/12/13
quickdrags
User Info.
surely you're not surprised? they've always changed their sound with each album, these new songs are hardly far from what i expected after vices and virtues
08:30 PM on 08/12/13
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
DUDE, so fucking sick of seeing people complain about it being "The Brendon Show". Spencer had a good head on his shoulders and told everyone what was going on and they had a solid plan B that took care of the fact that he won't be there. Dallon said he and Brendan weren't comfortable with drawing attention to spencer not being there, by it just being brendon it's not such a big deal. He's the only other original member. If they went with the spencer inclusive promo material it would just make it seem that much more exploitative.

Yup
08:37 PM on 08/12/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
you know I am just gonna stop following Panic! At The Disco news and keep my expectations as low as possible and maybe I can find 1-2 songs that are a bit less boring than the first 2. Always held this band to high standards but at this rate I will be happy if they release a new song that is catchy and has good lyrics. So far they are 0/2 for that but in a pool of 10 who knows what will stand out especially surrounded by probably more mediocre songs.

With that said I like the Artwork. I will give them credit for that. First thing about the album I have liked and loved their first 3.
08:38 PM on 08/12/13
IRodeTenSpeed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, considering My Songs has gone 2x Platinum and SR&R debuted at No. 1, I'd say it's not too shabby of a road to follow.

Seeing that the album isn't better than Folie a Deux, it's a step backwards
08:44 PM on 08/12/13
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
Seeing that the album isn't better than Folie a Deux, it's a step backwards
Debatable. I'm a huge fan of both records, and there are certainly some songs on FAD I think are miles ahead of some on SR&R (Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes, She's My Winona, What A Catch, Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown, America's Suitehearts) and there are songs on SR&R that I'd put way in front of FAD (Rat A Tat, Young Volcanoes, Save Rock & Roll, Death Valley, The Phoenix).

That's not to say I think there are really any downright awful songs on either album, but for me personally, FAD and SR&R are pretty neck-to-neck. I still think FOB has yet to write their best album.
08:47 PM on 08/12/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Intro into Martyr/Suicide was a great opener.
One of my favorite openers ever for sure. Song is so damn infectious.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums