Username
Password
Purevolume News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Purevolume
Inside AP.net

Frank Turner Offers Festival Survival Tips

Posted by: Drew Beringer (08/14/13)
Frank Turner and friends offer tips on how to survive a music festival over at PureVolume.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
12:51 PM on 08/14/13
suicidalmoose
Lindsay let me kiss your forehead!
User Info.
I wasn't expecting to see Jim Adkins in there. funny video.
01:52 PM on 08/14/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
Best dude. Nice guy that knows two different worlds - one of hard work and little recognition here in the states vs his headliner status back home in the UK.
07:03 PM on 08/14/13
BestInTheWorld
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Best dude. Nice guy that knows two different worlds - one of hard work and little recognition here in the states vs his headliner status back home in the UK.
I don't think you've been to a Frank Turner show in the states if you think he has little recognition. He's played on satellite radio and the shows I've been to have always had at least 1,000 people there.
07:21 PM on 08/14/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I don't think you've been to a Frank Turner show in the states if you think he has little recognition. He's played on satellite radio and the shows I've been to have always had at least 1,000 people there.

I have been. I'm just saying that compared to arenas and Olympics its not the same.
The tour with IIOI had venues that were at least ten times smaller than his venues outside the states. The show I saw him play in San Antonio this spring was about 3/4 full in a ~1300 Venue. I agree that its not tiny anymore but it doesn't even compare.l
11:15 PM on 08/14/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
I have been. I'm just saying that compared to arenas and Olympics its not the same.
The tour with IIOI had venues that were at least ten times smaller than his venues outside the states. The show I saw him play in San Antonio this spring was about 3/4 full in a ~1300 Venue. I agree that its not tiny anymore but it doesn't even compare.l
I mean, the olympics where because the guy putting on the show was a big fan, and Wembely was special -- its not like he is playing arenas every day in europe. He still certainly is bigger in England than he is here, but I don't think its as big of a difference as you make it out to be.
08:33 AM on 08/15/13
Shadow147
duhhh
User Info.
Converge hoody YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH
10:44 AM on 08/15/13
JimmyIymmiJ
Go on, give up, you'll never win...
User Info.

The last time he headlined in Tampa there were only about 200 people at the show. That was 2 years ago and he's certainly more popular now than he was then, though.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests