Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 108
08:42 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
I demand a trial by combat.
User Info.
That last paragraph makes me sad, but it's something I've been noticing and feeling throughout these sessions and the recent interview. If this does turn out to be the band's last album, I'll be incredibly happy with it because I think it's practically on par with Pneuma, which I think is the band's best work.
08:44 AM on 08/27/13
KEB182
Pedestrian Verse
User Info.
Can't wait for the record but this review needed to be proofread...
08:47 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
I chose to ignore the spelling/grammar issues. It was a little distracting, but I got the point Jack was trying to convey, so I easily overlooked it.
08:54 AM on 08/27/13
Zac Djamoos
fantasizing the sight of manhattan
User Info.
The review has me even more excited. Good job I haven't heard the Telegraph Sessions yet because I want to hear the whole thing all at once, but from what people are saying, this is one of my most anticipated.
08:58 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
I've listened to the Telegraph Sessions a lot more than I probably should have. I'm hoping the small additions to the songs that didn't make it into the sessions don't alienate me from what I've practically become so accustomed to. I imagine the studio versions will be even better, so I'm remaining optimistic.
09:07 AM on 08/27/13
barkjon
//
User Info.
So excited for this album. I'm actually really happy that they're mellowing out a bit, as the softer and quieter parts of Pneuma and Waves were really what draws me to the band.
09:10 AM on 08/27/13
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
This is easily your best review thus far Jack.

I need to hear this record...like now.
09:28 AM on 08/27/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can't wait for the record but this review needed to be proofread...
I chose to ignore the spelling/grammar issues. It was a little distracting, but I got the point Jack was trying to convey, so I easily overlooked it.
Finished at 3 am, since today's my anniversary and knew I wouldn't have time tonight. Care to point out the spots so I can edit?
09:38 AM on 08/27/13
KEB182
Pedestrian Verse
User Info.
Finished at 3 am, since today's my anniversary and knew I wouldn't have time tonight. Care to point out the spots so I can edit?
"Kirby’s contributions certainly recall his solo project, Mount Carmel & The End Of The World, though seamlessly integrate into the band and record. It’s no coincidence that drummer Nicholas Pizzolato shifts forward in these tracks, as his bombastic drummer drives the liveliness."

"But back to “Seasonal.” Besides serving as an excellent transition track, the song eschews traditional templates in favor an altered structure that produces huge results."

"Dunn slow builds from mellow vocals and acoustic guitar to the full band ambiance from act one, culminating into Moving Mountains’ biggest instances" (may not be an issue but just reads awkward to me, is instances the word you want there?)
09:45 AM on 08/27/13
baton
ftfmusic.net
User Info.
Me thinks once you guys hear the proper record, your worries will dissipate. Though the Telegraph Sessions are great, it's the album versions that reeled me in. I didn't receive my advance until after "Swing Set" and "Burn Pile" released, and I found myself loving both songs more after having the album versions.
sounds fair enough : ) ..after all exactly with such hopes I'm waiting for the proper album.. I listened to Burn Pile and Swingset only and then I stopped - and just to point out I liked the tracks, but such a way of presenting the album for the first time isn't for me I guess.

EDIT: yeah now I see it as somebody pointed it out specifically ;p but it was really small, as you say - back to music! ;D to sum up that's a really cool review, just wish I could already hear it, especially seeing all the links to the songs that I've refrained to listen to so far.
09:45 AM on 08/27/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not seeing any grammar or spelling errors...the first sentence reads a smidge awkwardly, but I definitely don't see anything wrong with the second sentence.
09:53 AM on 08/27/13
evilandgood
User Info.
Me thinks once you guys hear the proper record, your worries will dissipate. Though the Telegraph Sessions are great, it's the album versions that reeled me in. I didn't receive my advance until after "Swing Set" and "Burn Pile" released, and I found myself loving both songs more after having the album versions.
I really like the way you embedded media in the review. Very nice touch. Gives the reader an opportunity to listen for themselves.

/twocentsgiven
09:58 AM on 08/27/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I really like the way you embedded media in the review. Very nice touch. Gives the reader an opportunity to listen for themselves.

/twocentsgiven
Thanks! I was 50/50 on it, and actually even changed which songs were embedded at the last minute - glad people are enjoying the inclusion.
10:00 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
"Kirby’s contributions certainly recall his solo project, Mount Carmel & The End Of The World, though seamlessly integrate into the band and record. It’s no coincidence that drummer Nicholas Pizzolato shifts forward in these tracks, as his bombastic drumming drives the liveliness."

"But back to “Seasonal.” Besides serving as an excellent transition track, the song eschews traditional templates in favor of an altered structure that produces huge results."

"Dunn slowly builds from mellow vocals and acoustic guitar to the full band ambiance from act one, culminating into Moving Mountains’ biggest instances" (may not be an issue but just reads awkward to me, is instances the word you want there?)

These were the three parts I noticed as well. Just words and letters are missing, as noted.
10:02 AM on 08/27/13
Deathco_019
User Info.
Another thing I really like about this review is the opening sentence. I'm really glad the review focused on the album rather than comparing it to previous works as all of the threads for each song have become.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos