AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Equal Vision Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

I The Mighty "Four Letter Words" Music Video

Posted by - 10:49 AM on 09/19/13
Watch I The Mighty's new music video for "Four Letter Words" in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 20
10:49 AM on 09/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
10:50 AM on 09/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Love the song, and there's some really cool shots here. I generally prefer videos with shots of the band playing, but this is pretty well done.
11:30 AM on 09/19/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Found this album to be good but sort of overrated. Didn't end up listening to it as much as I wanted.
01:14 PM on 09/19/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Still jam this quite frequently. One of my favorite songs besides ivy and others.
01:50 PM on 09/19/13
theherox
Makin Music and Losin Friends
User Info.
Love the song, and there's some really cool shots here. I generally prefer videos with shots of the band playing, but this is pretty well done.
yeah, i can agree, but on a technical level this video is far superior to most music videos I'm used to seeing. it reminded me at times of TREOS' "This Armistice" video.

Also, with "Speak to me" being nothing BUT the band, and "Failures" being pretty half and half, it makes sense for this video to be strictly cinematic.

And just in general, it's awesome to see such a great band getting 3 (debatably 4) vids off of their debut.
01:51 PM on 09/19/13
theherox
User Info.
Still jam this quite frequently. One of my favorite songs besides ivy and others.
Yes! Great song choice, and this album is still one of my favorites of the year. "Ivy" was one of my initial favorites, but since then my end-all be-all favorite has decidedly become "Artful Temptress."
02:21 PM on 09/19/13
Patrick McQuaid
Patrick McQuaid
User Info.
That's funny, I'm the exact opposite. I feel like bands pretending to play over the studio versions of their songs is a cop out and has become a cliche for music videos. It's so overdone! Music videos should be a chance for artists to create a visual accompaniment to go along with their music. While that is a broad statement I love watching music videos that are more creative, interesting, and fun to watch. I also believe if you have the RIGHT music video it can make the song that much better, check out Affiance's Call To The Warrior, that song is 10x better with the music video
02:25 PM on 09/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah, i can agree, but on a technical level this video is far superior to most music videos I'm used to seeing. it reminded me at times of TREOS' "This Armistice" video.

Also, with "Speak to me" being nothing BUT the band, and "Failures" being pretty half and half, it makes sense for this video to be strictly cinematic.

And just in general, it's awesome to see such a great band getting 3 (debatably 4) vids off of their debut.

Yeah, this is definitely a top notch piece of content - it just seems a little impersonal after the "Spoonful" video was all animated. Let's be real - while we'd love to think that these videos are the band's visual representations of their music, it's often a piece of content that happens to have the band's music placed to it.
02:25 PM on 09/19/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That's funny, I'm the exact opposite. I feel like bands pretending to play over the studio versions of their songs is a cop out and has become a cliche for music videos. It's so overdone! Music videos should be a chance for artists to create a visual accompaniment to go along with their music. While that is a broad statement I love watching music videos that are more creative, interesting, and fun to watch. I also believe if you have the RIGHT music video it can make the song that much better, check out Affiance's Call To The Warrior, that song is 10x better with the music video
Haha, to each their own. I prefer seeing the guys play and react - this video is one of my favorites:
02:45 PM on 09/19/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
This band really grabs my interest, but I haven't checked them out enough to see if I actually dig them yet. They have a lot of parts that remind me of various other stuff, but I can't place what certain parts remind me of. Will be cool to see them open for Coheed next month though.
02:58 PM on 09/19/13
theherox
User Info.
Yeah, this is definitely a top notch piece of content - it just seems a little impersonal after the "Spoonful" video was all animated. Let's be real - while we'd love to think that these videos are the band's visual representations of their music, it's often a piece of content that happens to have the band's music placed to it.
haha basically, yes.
03:13 PM on 09/19/13
Capulet
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
amazing fuckign album
03:49 PM on 09/19/13
billyboatkid
The Protagonist of Loneliness
User Info.
Yes! Great song choice, and this album is still one of my favorites of the year. "Ivy" was one of my initial favorites, but since then my end-all be-all favorite has decidedly become "Artful Temptress."
Those are probably my top three.

Artful Temprtess is too awesome.
03:52 PM on 09/19/13
pepster50
User Info.
I think AOTY for me

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles