AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Vanna Song Premiere

Posted by - 03:32 PM on 11/29/13
If you're still trying to shake off yesterday's food coma, Vanna are here to help. The post-hardcore heavyweights will self-release a new 7" titled Preying/Purging on December 17. We're streaming the venomous A-side, "Preying," in the replies. The single is also available for pre-order.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
03:33 PM on 11/29/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

“We are constantly writing and jamming new ideas while at home and on the road. We had a collection of riffs and lyrics that we really wanted to put toward something, and the idea of self-releasing a 7" was born. We figured it was a cool way to put these songs out into the world and give them their own spotlight. Preying/Purging is a chance for us to try some cool directions out while progressing in the Vanna sound as well as give people some more songs to jam and hopefully enjoy. Both these songs are personal and mean a lot to the band. Our hope is that you feel us on every level with these. If you don't have a record player, go out and grab one at a second hand store or music shop!”
04:10 PM on 11/29/13
PerfectChaos337
User Info.
I stopped what I was doing immediately to listen to this. Their full length is one of my favorite records of 2013, and this fucking rules. The new/recent stuff definitely kicks the shit out of everything else they've done. Davey and Joel sing their asses off. One of the only modern heavy bands I can back unconditionally.
04:35 PM on 11/29/13
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I stopped what I was doing immediately to listen to this. Their full length is one of my favorite records of 2013, and this fucking rules. The new/recent stuff definitely kicks the shit out of everything else they've done. Davey and Joel sing their asses off. One of the only modern heavy bands I can back unconditionally.
Absolutely agree. I was already a fan, but I thought the last record a big step up - and these 2 tracks might be even better.
05:58 PM on 11/29/13
kneedeepinguts
kneedeepinguts
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Right on bro, all the winey bitch say they only like the old stuff can suck it. The old stuff is good but the new stuff so much tougher. TFATFB was one of my fav albums of the year to....
06:13 PM on 11/29/13
js977
js977
User Info.
ive liked everything they've put out, but i either fell in love with or ignored each song on TFATFB, not much middle ground for me. definitely loving this though
07:39 PM on 11/29/13
the.honestheart
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Been a huge fan of these dudes since 2007. However, though as good as TFATFB is, it was a let down for me. Yes I enjoy it, yes it's good, but it could've been sooooo much better. Unfortunately TFATFB came out in an incredible year for music (counterparts, letlive, erra, state champs, Defeater, the story so far, incendiary, rotting out, etc) which might give TFATFB a lower "grade" in my eyes. Though a solid effort, I see Vanna on their way out in the next couple years. I'll still be up front at the barrier screaming and singing.

As for this song? It's good, don't get me wrong, but if they got more songs on the EP that sound exactly like this on it, it might as well have been on TFATFB (if not on the b side). Remember how a new hope, honest hearts, and ATCBB progressed so well? The honest hearts ep was a perfect preview for what Vanna had in store next with ATCBB, as well as show how Davey puts flavor on the old stuff. I hope with the full EP they take a similar approach; not necessarily rerecording old songs but taking a step forward as opposed to standing still, which this song shows me.

Idk about anyone else but I think Joel's vocals can be improved. He sounds like he is straining his voice in this track. Is it just me or does he sound somewhat better live than on a recording?

I'm not gonna make any further judgements until I hear the whole EP. So far I'm not sold.
08:22 PM on 11/29/13
rushour144
User Info.
Love it. This band keeps getting stronger and stronger.

And don't get me wrong, I love Evan, but dare I say Joel blends in much better with this version of Vanna?! His cleans are so legit, and they compliment Davey perfectly.
10:21 PM on 11/29/13
alert=danger
twitter.com/christopmclean
User Info.
Bloody love these new songs.
Im also really drunk and it took me about 10 minutes to write this...
11:22 PM on 11/29/13
Solidus187
This is a war, sober up.
User Info.
I love these guys and The Few and the Far Between... but I'm not gonna sit here and act like their old stuff isn't amazing as well. A New Hope, particularly, is incredible.
06:15 AM on 11/30/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Still think And They Came Baring Bones can't be beat. Thought the Few and Far Between was a major step down songwriting wise.
09:31 AM on 11/30/13
prettyLUSH16
Soundtrack To A Headrush
User Info.
Everything these guys put out is great, Daveys vocals here and there remind me of Dennis from Refused and that is rad.
10:30 AM on 11/30/13
emopunkfan
AllTimeLow
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Don't miss their Howell, NJ show: https://www.facebook.com/events/460443664066116/
03:12 PM on 11/30/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
They've really stepped it up this year. I like this.
04:33 PM on 11/30/13
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
Such a sick band.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT