AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 46.
06:19 AM on 12/17/13
Ryan Dennehy
best writeup i've read on the album

(the only one too. but the bar is set high)
Thanks dude. Means a lot

User lightcollapse Weighs in
Great review! Can't wait to pick this up.
Thanks man!
Luh you
LOVE this album. I wished you had gone into the production side of things, because I really loved the work Boots did on songs like "Haunted" and "Blue." I've always wanted to hear Beyonce over music like that, which was kind of hinted at on "4" ("I Miss You" being an example), but I'm glad it was maximized on this record. She sounds great.
Yeah I'm extremely interested to see what boots does in the future - the production is very "of the moment" but it sounds much better executed than all but the highest quality releases of recent years. boots actually made a rap genius account and has been making a lot of annotations to the album...it's interesting to see what his thoughts are.
I can't wait to get paid on Friday to pick this up. I haven't heard a bad thing about the record yet.
You'll love it I think.
06:54 AM on 12/17/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
I like the album I guess I just really do not understand all of this hype. Just doesn't grab me at all
08:39 AM on 12/17/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
that was a great write up
08:40 AM on 12/17/13
Ryan Dennehy
I like the album I guess I just really do not understand all of this hype. Just doesn't grab me at all
boo :( i would have thought you'd be super into it tbh
that was a great write up

thanks!
08:45 AM on 12/17/13
Who Is Ryan?
???
User Info.
Good review
08:47 AM on 12/17/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
boo :( i would have thought you'd be super into it tbh

thanks!
im really into a few tracks but as a whole it hasn't really kept my attention as much as i would have hoped. hopefully it'll grow on me, i plan to spend some time with it after this hectic finals week is over
08:48 AM on 12/17/13
Ryan Dennehy
ty
im really into a few tracks but as a whole it hasn't really kept my attention as much as i would have hoped. hopefully it'll grow on me, i plan to spend some time with it after this hectic finals week is over

the more time i spent with it the more i liked it. it went from a 7ish on initial listen, with some reservations, to being pretty unabashed devotion (obviously) by the time i'd sunk into the review
09:55 AM on 12/17/13
surette
kill the switch
User Info.
Who ALREADY rated this and gave it a 4/10???

Thank you so much
it had a 0.25 when I read it (which was pretty soon after it was posted, so I have no idea who did that), I rated it an 8 and it brought the average to a 4.
10:37 AM on 12/17/13
evilandgood
User Info.
Thanks dude. Means a lot

Yeah I'm extremely interested to see what boots does in the future - the production is very "of the moment" but it sounds much better executed than all but the highest quality releases of recent years. boots actually made a rap genius account and has been making a lot of annotations to the album...it's interesting to see what his thoughts are.

Yeah, very "808' and Heartbreak"-informed Alt-R'n'B (is that still a thing?), but I think the production hinted at things that will allow the music to age gracefully. Do you know if Boots has worked with any artists worth noting?
10:43 AM on 12/17/13
Ryan Dennehy
Yeah, very "808' and Heartbreak"-informed Alt-R'n'B (is that still a thing?), but I think the production hinted at things that will allow the music to age gracefully. Do you know if Boots has worked with any artists worth noting?
It's certainly another entry in that category of vaguely similar "dark" r&b. as far as i know, this is the first anyone has heard of Boots.
10:51 AM on 12/17/13
evilandgood
User Info.
It's certainly another entry in that category of vaguely similar "dark" r&b. as far as i know, this is the first anyone has heard of Boots.
Interesting! I'll keep my eye out for more work from him/her(?).

BTW, great review! Great work putting the art in context and analyzing from that point.
11:00 AM on 12/17/13
Jake Jenkins
User Info.
i heard boots is flying lotus
02:13 PM on 12/17/13
j4callen
User Info.
i heard boots is flying lotus
Don't think so. Boots is from south FL. Lotus from CA.
02:14 PM on 12/17/13
Ryan Dennehy
Don't think so. Boots is from south FL. Lotus from CA.
jokes
02:14 PM on 12/17/13
Ryan Dennehy
Interesting! I'll keep my eye out for more work from him/her(?).

BTW, great review! Great work putting the art in context and analyzing from that point.
thanks for reading/the kind words. i appreciate it!
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums