AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Exclusive News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 48.
09:08 PM on 01/01/14
leftapart
User Info.
What ever happened to that project with Will, Matt Geise, Zachy G, and Loniel Robinson? I'd love to hear that.
http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2904162
10:37 PM on 01/01/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What ever happened to that project with Will, Matt Geise, Zachy G, and Loniel Robinson? I'd love to hear that.
http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2904162
I recently heard a few demos from that project. Wowzers, is it going to be good. No word on anything official though.
11:15 PM on 01/01/14
iamcero26
User Info.
I recently heard a few demos from that project. Wowzers, is it going to be good. No word on anything official though.
Waiiiiit, no shit that's actually happening? I've been waiting. I was one of the people that thought Geise should've been the new DGD singer, so when I heard that that band was gonna be a thing I was happy.

Disclaimer: I still think Acceptance Speech is the second best DGD record, it's amazing. They changed their sound up in all the right ways to fit Tilian. I just personally thought Geise would've been an interesting choice.
11:45 PM on 01/01/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Waiiiiit, no shit that's actually happening? I've been waiting. I was one of the people that thought Geise should've been the new DGD singer, so when I heard that that band was gonna be a thing I was happy.

Disclaimer: I still think Acceptance Speech is the second best DGD record, it's amazing. They changed their sound up in all the right ways to fit Tilian. I just personally thought Geise would've been an interesting choice.
Who knows how long it'll take, but yes, it's in theory still happening. After the Sianvar run, I'd assume that's next on Will's schedule.

And meh - Acceptance Speech was a good listen, but Death Star, DBM I, and Happiness are all superior records.
12:34 AM on 01/02/14
evilandgood
User Info.
I don't really spend much time with this genre of music, but good lord does this rule.
12:39 AM on 01/02/14
leftapart
User Info.
Who knows how long it'll take, but yes, it's in theory still happening. After the Sianvar run, I'd assume that's next on Will's schedule.

And meh - Acceptance Speech was a good listen, but Death Star, DBM I, and Happiness are all superior records.
Thanks for the info and update on the project! Agreed on your perspective of superior records! Lumme Happiness.
07:31 AM on 01/02/14
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
you heard demos? give it to me in my veins
07:57 AM on 01/02/14
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
Well this was fucking awesome. Hell of a way to start off new music in 2014.
08:37 AM on 01/02/14
jimmyeatsboys
User Info.
ouch, indianapolis to Rochester, NY is a bitch of an overnight drive in January...
09:07 AM on 01/02/14
PetitnaindesĪles
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
That's the best thing i've heard in a genre that usually doesn't interest me (don't think I've listened to the new DGD more than than four times) nowadays.
09:53 AM on 01/02/14
ratsforcandy
i miss the seasons..
User Info.
Incredible, just as good as expected. Disagree with the post though, I do feel like it's an amalgamation of all their work, not a bad thing at all. Also don't think it sounds like circa or the fall of troy
11:43 AM on 01/02/14
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Incredible, just as good as expected. Disagree with the post though, I do feel like it's an amalgamation of all their work, not a bad thing at all. Also don't think it sounds like circa or the fall of troy
I just don't really hear Acceptance Speech, No Place, or Elephantitus in this at all. It's certainly not completely different for them, but it's not a re-hash in any way.
04:03 PM on 01/02/14
iamcero26
User Info.

My list in order from best to worst goes Happiness at 1, S/T and Acceptance Speech tied at two, DBM, then DBM2 and WISIRO. I just thought Kurt was the better fit. I tie S/T and AS mostly for the "first record with a new singer" sound they both had, even though I love both records. Happiness still stands out as the best studio line up they've ever had. Not snatching up Jason Ellis permanently on bass was criminal. So was the dismissal of Kurt for the failed Jonny experiment. Again. Still, long time ago and all, it's not that important. ALLB is great with Kurt, DGD is still good with Tilian, Sianvar is looking damn fine too. Hopefully this new project also holds up well.
07:14 PM on 01/02/14
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
I just don't really hear Acceptance Speech, No Place, or Elephantitus in this at all. It's certainly not completely different for them, but it's not a re-hash in any way.
Hey man, are you still gonna do the new DGD review? I wanna read it!
10:01 PM on 01/02/14
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
ouch, indianapolis to Rochester, NY is a bitch of an overnight drive in January...
I can't imagine that. I live in one of the snowiest cities in the US and I bitched about having to drive 5 miles to work today with the snow storm
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests