1. How did you get your band name? We thought it sounded better than Prince Sheep. Well, honestly, we just kinda thought it sounded cool.
2. How did this band get started? We formed in 2012, in Brighton. Reza and Petros already knew each other well, and the rest of us all met Petros somehow and ended up forming the band! Trim joined later, but was already known to the band as he's been very active in other bands over the years.
3. What bands are you influenced by? A big array of styles. Our tastes (as a group) are pretty diverse. There's some things we agree on, and probably a lot of others where we don't - but we still know what we're about as a unit. Here is a list of names that influence King Goat more directly, either way: Black Sabbath, Opeth, The Melvins, Candlemass, Secret Chiefs 3, Kyuss, Celtic Frost, Cathedral, Mastodon, plus a load of 60s and 70s psychedelia and progressive rock.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Apparently Eddie Van Halen use to share all of his band's rider with the younger touring band because the rest of his band mates have, you know, matured a little- they have wives and kids. So it sounds like touring with him would be quite fun!
5. Best food to eat on tour? Burritos and pizza. Although we seem to end up in Subway quite a lot (they are everywhere and are open at the odd times we tend to be awake and looking for food), hey I think next I'm getting a footlong sandwich for free with all the loyalty points I've collected!
6. Why should people listen to your band? For the same reason any of us listen to any music. We've got a whole load of cool musical thoughts to transmit from our brains to yours via our music. Let us transmit it into your brain.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? Although some of us are a bit in to some sports, none of us likes an athlete enough in order to switch places. Plus you're only going to be an athlete until a certain age, playing music lasts for your whole life. But if we really had to choose, we'd like to form a giant Kriss Akabusi MBE, with each one of us being an appendage. Rhythm section could be the legs, Trim (vocals) the head, and the guitarists can be the wildly gesticulating arms. Awooga.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? Anyone who supports the band! Whoever nominated us for a Grammy... we'd probably shout out to our buddies in bands we've played with, and then make some kind of anti-Grammy statement, surely? Isn't that the right thing to do?? We'll invest in an awards cabinet nearer the time.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? There are a lot of bands out there that play amazing music, but because they don't act competitively, or don't know many (or the "right") people - they don't get exposure they deserve.
Jon: Some of the best gigs I've been to lately have only had a handful of people attending - which is a real shame! It's not the case across the board - I've been to some equally good, very well attended gigs also!
10. Memorable tour experience? Having 4/5ths of the band getting lost in Southampton. Actually, this probably isn't our most memorable in all senses of the word as 4/5ths of the band can't really remember it very well.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? Armour Points? Well we're not familiar with your work, but if you like giving exposure to small and upcoming artists well then you're good guys and we appreciate what you do.
12. What is your favorite song to play? "Melian's Trance."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? We live in Brighton, so we're in a lot of people's vacation spot of choice already.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? Petros: Speaking for myself, my dad use to always listen to the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Steppenwolf and other 60s bands, so most bands from that era always give me a happy feel!
15. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Why? Flying and the use of the force, because it would be really easy to bring your gear to a gig and travel around. No more having to worry about parking the van.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Not really, no. We all make sure we're warmed up and ready to go. Jon takes his shoes off.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? What makes you think we'll tell you? Some things are kept secret for a reason (for example, Joe's awesome middle name).
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? I don't think that we really have a place on standard radio. Do many people even listen to the radio nowadays? (Unless they drive a taxi.) We're lucky enough that we live in an age where we have instant access to so much music, as well as fantastic recommendation services (last.fm, etc...) that radio isn't always the most efficient way to hear new music for a lot of people.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Petros is in to martial arts, Reza is quite the sportsman. Oh, and of course the obvious watching cartoons, video games, drinking, going to gigs, etc., Brighton has some excellent pubs.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? We're all pretty good at making obnoxious sounds and voices, particularly screaming like goats.
Jon: Reza took me completely by surprise at a festival by doing an awesome
backflip (pretty much out of nowhere). He's full of surprises like that!