1. How did you get your band name? It was originally a "that's a good idea for a song title" conversation which then fast became "that would be a good band name" conversation. We all have a love for Nicholas Cage and his film characters, especially Castor Troy. It's one of those names that rings a bell with people, some can just remember it, some don't know who he is, and others just love the Troy!
2. How did this band get started? Mic and Benn were in a band together for a while, after that disbanded they continued to write material together, after recording a rough EP we showed it to a close friend Joey at a house party. He wanted in straight away. We started writing and practicing at Mic and Benn's house whenever we could. After a couple of months we knew we needed a dynamic drummer who would have broad knowledge about different genres of music. So after a short search we found Chris, who has been a very good friend and band member ever since.
3. What bands are you influenced by? We have a lot of influences due to different members loving different genres. Bands such as Alter Bridge, Lamb of God, Genesis, Avenged Sevenfold, Heart in Hand, As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive and City and Colour come to mind.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why? Everyone would have their own ideal touring band. Probably the majority of the above bands, but if we had to pick we'd say Alter Bridge because they all seem like really good, fun people as well as phenomenal musicians.
5. Best food to eat on tour? Pasties and sausage rolls. You can't knock baked goods, they're always there for you, in good times... and in bad times. Lots of sandwiches too.
6. Why should people listen to your band? We're four guys with different tastes, different lives, different ideas, different skills, and different talents. But for some reason, we have natural ability to fuse these differences together and create songs that are both emotive and dynamic. We try to take a new approach with every single song. There are so many genres on the new album it's crazy, there literally is something for everyone. The lyrics are very well wrote, they're all based on real life events so tend to strike more of a chord with people. The music is wrote in such a way that we have utilised low tunings and orchestral instruments to create sombre moods and add depth to the tracks. We put a lot into writing and we don't take it lightly - I think no matter what song you listen to from us, there's always a cheeky little surprise in it.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with? It would have to be Jessica Ennis because she's simply beautiful, and we'd all like to be beautiful for a day.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank? We'd thank our family and close friends, fans, and any one who has helped us in general. I don't think thanks says enough sometimes. People who buy our music, in our eyes, are legends! It's nice to know that what you've created has made someone happy. And we'd personally thank all the bands we listened to growing up, who gave us ideas and shaped the way we write music now.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be? Its cliché, but we'd change the manufactured pop stars of the industry. Gigging and playing shows allows you to witness some incredible talent. Sadly there's not enough room for everyone in the industry and that's a real shame. There are too many talentless, manufactured, auto tuned, fake tanned and over produced people out there for our liking.
10. Memorable tour experience? Yet to tour, but I'm sure there would be plenty. Mic doesn't mind getting naked anywhere, anytime. So probably something to do with that.... sadly.
11. What does AP.net mean to you? It's an easy to way to see good interviews and media from some top quality artists and bands... such as Castor Troy.
12. What is your favorite song to play? Again we all have our favourites, but our very first song that was fully written and recorded and is the second song on the album is "Winter Lights." When those drums kick in, the whole room goes wild, the crowd really loves it and gets involved with us. It really gets the hair on the back of your neck standing up.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice? Florida, it's the best place on earth. To be honest, none of us get to go on holiday very much. We all have a lot of stuff going on in our lives and the band is our number one priority as this is our dream as well as our hobby.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood? General rock - Motley Crue, Evanescence, August Burns Red, Alexisonfire, Queens of the Stone Age, Parkway Drive, Linkin Park, happy hardcore, etc.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? In the words of Mic, 'I'd probably like to make an unlimited number of copies of myself. Unreal guitar solos would happen!'
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals? Pre show no, but Chris likes to wear any hat he can find, regardless of how idiotic it looks, on stage while we perform and Mic wears his "wild thing" boxer shorts as good luck. Freshly washed of course....
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you? Everyone in the band is over 6'1". We're a very tall band. We're also all around the same age.... that sounds boring. But it's a fact yo!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish? We've had various plays on a lot of radio stations in the UK and other countries. We've had good feedback. Luckily there are stations emerging that are designed to give bands like us a chance to be heard by a lot more people than normal.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time? Play games, practice drums/bass/guitar/singing. Write music, go out in town for a good drink. We all get in to the same rock club in Newcastle (the only rock club), so we loving having some band quality time!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have? Mic does a trick with his bottom, basically he can make himself fart. As awful as that sounds, I dare you not to cry with laughter if you see it!