Username
Password

Comments: Page 27
Displaying posts 390 - 405 of 478
11:53 AM on 11/19/08
oldskool
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
and there's also the "growing up" aspect. while dude ranch is easily my favorite, I loved the self-titled too. I felt like they had set themselves up to have a long career with that record, and I was so disappointed that I wouldn't be able to hear where they went from there. they couldn't have written the same way forever. but for purposes of like a one shot last album deal, it would be great to see em go back to their roots a little bit.

in a perfect world, Tom would get off his high horse and realize that AVA will never change the world or any of that garbage. but like I said, I highly doubt that Tom could go back to writing blink 182 songs. but I can hope. I really think we will at least get a reunion tour at some point though. and that would be enough for me.

yeah I totally agree with the growing up aspect. but just because you grow up doesn't mean you can't write a really fast aggressive punk rock record in vein of duderanch/enema and still have it be maturer. you know instead of writing about high school they could write about being older in life and all the hurdles that come with growing up. Yeah so I guess in my perfect world they would create another timeless fast punk album and go on tour.
11:56 AM on 11/19/08
PermanentTourists
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
and there's also the "growing up" aspect. while dude ranch is easily my favorite, I loved the self-titled too. I felt like they had set themselves up to have a long career with that record, and I was so disappointed that I wouldn't be able to hear where they went from there. they couldn't have written the same way forever. but for purposes of like a one shot last album deal, it would be great to see em go back to their roots a little bit.

in a perfect world, Tom would get off his high horse and realize that AVA will never change the world or any of that garbage. but like I said, I highly doubt that Tom could go back to writing blink 182 songs. but I can hope. I really think we will at least get a reunion tour at some point though. and that would be enough for me.
At least Tom and Mark still talk like they're those same skate punk kids with a ton of fucking attitude. That alone to me shows that they'll never grow up and are able to do what they did. Might just take a little extra effort
11:57 AM on 11/19/08
RyanAndAirwaves
Ryan J. Fiske
User Info.
fuck yea...tom needs to end that shitty thing called AVA and blink needs to reunite!!

I'll let it go.
11:57 AM on 11/19/08
poppunknerd182
Come On E
User Info.
yeah I totally agree with the growing up aspect. but just because you grow up doesn't mean you can't write a really fast aggressive punk rock record in vein of duderanch/enema and still have it be maturer. you know instead of writing about high school they could write about being older in life and all the hurdles that come with growing up. Yeah so I guess in my perfect world they would create another timeless fast punk album and go on tour.

No Use For A Name is a pretty good comparison.

They've def. matured A LOT even just in their past 4 albums, but they still manage to play mature punk rock extremely well.
12:00 PM on 11/19/08
RyanAndAirwaves
Ryan J. Fiske
User Info.

Tom said that he was interested in possibly making a Punk-Rock record with AVA, not a huge LP, but just something fun I guess - and he plays some Box Car Racer songs at AVA shows, so... who knows?
12:00 PM on 11/19/08
eatin'ashypussy
User Info.
I bet all the making out they do is leading to their thoughts of getting back together.
12:05 PM on 11/19/08
RyanAndAirwaves
Ryan J. Fiske
User Info.
Huh?
12:06 PM on 11/19/08
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
that's so good they're talking now. sad that it took that long and the accident for it to happen...
12:06 PM on 11/19/08
jetblack1231
User Info.
i know it sounds gay but-- who cares if they reunite.. friendship first yo...worry bout blink later
12:07 PM on 11/19/08
SaoFoldSurvive
KAREN
User Info.
this...is fucking amazing news. im glad theyre all good with each other now. =]
12:13 PM on 11/19/08
7dollarsox.com
Sweet Little Thing
User Info.
this may have already been talked about, so forgive me if im redundant. but did anyone notice that exactly when the "industry" started going downhill was right after the split? it was as if they were the glue that held it together. i always wondered if that was a coincidence.
12:48 PM on 11/19/08
poppunknerd182
Come On E
User Info.
this may have already been talked about, so forgive me if im redundant. but did anyone notice that exactly when the "industry" started going downhill was right after the split? it was as if they were the glue that held it together. i always wondered if that was a coincidence.

That is a very good observation. I wonder if I could get stats to support it but you are right, 05 is when music started.....failing in the physical form.

I know the staffers could get some numbers.
12:51 PM on 11/19/08
poppunknerd182
Come On E
User Info.
Then again, Blink has always been a live band

Their best (and only #1) first week sale was 350,000 for TOYPAJ, for the time that really wasn't all that impressive haha

Then you look at now....
01:03 PM on 11/19/08
EpitapHellcat
User Info.
my head would fucking explode if they came back
01:10 PM on 11/19/08
11:11
Soft sound
User Info.
Some of the best news I've heard in a while.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos