Username
Password

02:53 PM on 03/07/04 
User Info.
Snake
Rust Never Sleeps
British Columbia,...
Male - 30 Years Old
What's the Story, Morning Glory was the first CD I ever bought!
03:03 PM on 03/07/04 
User Info.
itsallcalypso
Providence
Male - 29 Years Old
Great pick. Oasis is one of my favorite bands. A lot of people seem to overlook their first cd "Definately Maybe" though. That's a great cd, not as good as morning glory, but still real good. All of their other cds are really good in my opinion as well, even if they do rip off the Beatles.
04:14 PM on 03/07/04 
User Info.
Kamtin Mohager
Album Reviewer
No Avatar Selected
Highlands Ranch, CO
Male - 29 Years Old
Definitely Maybe is personally my favorite Oasis record and one of my favorite albums of all-time. I unfortunately didn't hear about the band till Whats The Story... came out.
04:58 PM on 03/07/04 
User Info.
saintjoel
is back!?
San Diego
Male - 29 Years Old
weezer... will always be my favorite, and i guess they helped get me into this scene even if they are radically different (and better) than most of the bands on this site. i like your idea kamtin, props to you for recognizing your favorite band.
05:06 PM on 03/07/04 
User Info.
im_random
girl'sastraightuphustler
new jersey isn't...
Female - 25 Years Old
Originally Posted by strobelite33
...Dave Matthews Band? *shudder* does that mean you wear a white baseball cap and get drunk of heineken?

Could that possibly have been more stereotypical?
05:14 PM on 03/07/04 
User Info.
indiekid7
I Never Leave
New York
27 Years Old
Originally Posted by Kamtin Mohager
Oasis will always be better than your favorite band, and that's final.

speak about arrogant.
05:54 PM on 03/07/04 
User Info.
byebyebeautiful
conor is not scene.
massachusetts.
Male - 26 Years Old
for me, it was new found glory's nothing gold can stay. i still listen to it every once in a while.

and no one can deny that gravedigger is a good song.
06:58 PM on 03/07/04 
User Info.
FarPastGone
Favors The Brave
No Avatar Selected
Patagonia
Male
I love Gravedigger. and im going to have to say that either Blink182 or MxPx got me into everything.
07:00 PM on 03/07/04 
User Info.
im_random
girl'sastraightuphustler
new jersey isn't...
Female - 25 Years Old
Oh right! And Oasis is an amazing band.
07:59 PM on 03/07/04 
User Info.
boyhitsfloor
No Avatar Selected
YES...finally another Oasis fan. I can guarentee than I'm the biggest Oasis fan on this site...and I think that Standing on the Shouler of Giants and Heathen Chemistry are both very good records. My favorite is Familiar to Millions, the LIVE album. All you should go out and buy that, you will LOVE it. The electric version of Wonderwall is worth the price alone. NEW OASIS ALBUM IN SEPTEMBER!!! Can't wait!!!
06:09 AM on 03/08/04 
User Info.
bossman calling
True Punk Fan
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by Punk20
All good bands. It is pretty lame that so many people hate Dave Matthews just because he has some strange fans. It's not fair to hate a band based on its fans.
dave is a local virginia boy, and personally i've always hated him because of his annoying voice, even before the legions of frat dudes started worshiping his every move.
08:52 AM on 03/08/04 
User Info.
martanmasterson
No Avatar Selected
I hope you realise that definitely maybe is a much better listen start to finish than morning glory. If you dont believe me just ask Noel Gallagher.
To have rock n roll star, live forever and cigarettes and alcohol all on 1 album is just too fuckin good.
09:14 AM on 03/08/04 
User Info.
robhimself
houdinilogic
Bloomsbury NJ
Male - 28 Years Old
i love oasis and all the other bands you named. dave mathews is fucking great. the only thing that brings oasis down is the singer being such an asshole to other bands. it doesn't take away from the music, it just kinda makes a bad reflection on the band for me. awesome picks (or pick)
12:35 PM on 03/08/04 
User Info.
jessmo
Alaska/Kentucky
Female - 29 Years Old
i could not agree more about oasis. morining glory was the first album i ever bought and it was because of them that i worship music as much as i do today. that album sure took a beating back in the day and it's got the scratches to prove it! and i also agree that definitaly maybe is a damn good album. glad to finally see other people giving them the respect they deserve. while i'm on the subject, i would also like to give my props to REM (although i will be the first to admit that their new stuff sucks). another damn good band and another reason why i am who i am...well i'm done now, peace out yo

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos