AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Third Eye Blind News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Third Eye Blind to Play Jakarta

Posted by - 10:07 AM on 08/07/09
Third Eye Blind will headline Jakarta Music Festival August 9th despite security warnings after July's bombings. Press release in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
10:07 AM on 08/07/09
Steve Henderson
Retired
User Info.
Third Eye Blind Headlines Jakarta Festival August 9th After Bombing

"Don't Believe A Word" Video Banned At All Major Outlets

August 7, 2009 -- Despite security concerns in Jakarta, Third Eye Blind will headline Java Rockin Land,
the largest music festival in Indonesia. Regardless of warnings to the contrary, the band will perform August 9th in support of Ursa Major, its first album in six years.

"It seems counter to everything we stand for if we didn't do this, and it would bother me to no end if we backed down," says frontman Stephan Jenkins, in response to the tragic July 17th hotel bombings, which killed 9 and injured 50. The festival has agreed to provide 24-hour security for artists with an armed police back-up. "It's one of the largest Muslim countries. The people want good relations with the West. This festival proves that the kids want to come together via music. They want to share the experience."

On a side note, the video for their new single "Don¹t Believe a Word" has been banned by all major video outlets. We invite you to find out why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBmb_LbqN2U

History:
Third Eye Blind is from San Francisco and are known for biting and challenging songs. "Semi-Charmed Life" was a # 1 hit at Alternative radio and their self-titled album sold 5 million copies worldwide. The band's other chart-topping singles include “Jumper,” “Never Let You," and many more, but the band's more obscure songs like "Motorcycle Drive By" and "Slow Motion" have engendered a new youth movement and cemented the band's unique place in music history.

# # #
10:07 AM on 08/07/09
simensays
User Info.
hmm
10:09 AM on 08/07/09
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
ultragrrrl already bought her plane tickets
10:10 AM on 08/07/09
SeanEBoy2686
twitter = SeanAndHeard
User Info.
hahaha
10:11 AM on 08/07/09
xploream
Truth
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
3eb should give money to bombing victims. Sad what's going on in Indonesia.
10:15 AM on 08/07/09
danielineffigy
Calm will find your soul.
User Info.
I don't get why the video was blocked... because of the lyrics? They can't edit those?
10:16 AM on 08/07/09
Wisher
eh
User Info.
incredible band is fucking incredible as usual.
10:29 AM on 08/07/09
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
I don't get why the video was blocked... because of the lyrics? They can't edit those?
Ya...I'm curious about that too.
10:44 AM on 08/07/09
Quasireligimodo
doo doo doo, doo doo-doo doo.
User Info.
Awesome.
11:03 AM on 08/07/09
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love Third Eye blind but Stephan usually thinks he's a lot more controversial than he actually is.

The only line that most censors would probably have a problem with is "You fucking whore, I'll kill you!" as well as perhaps the misunderstanding of the satirical "We like crime when it's black on black"
11:14 AM on 08/07/09
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
I don't see why either. The lyrics aren't really that explicit. For risks of epilepsy maybe?
11:29 AM on 08/07/09
alairson22
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't see why either. The lyrics aren't really that explicit. For risks of epilepsy maybe?

haha that is great...i have no idea why this video is being blocked. The best guess probably is the black on black line, but I mean should people understand he's just making a point. It's not like its hard to get
11:34 AM on 08/07/09
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
User Info.
Wonder if it was really banned or just a publicity stunt.
11:49 AM on 08/07/09
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
hahaha

really like the video and song.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music