Password

Album Review
Emmure - Felony Album Cover

Emmure - Felony

Reviewed by
Emmure - Felony
Record Label: Victory
Release Date: August 18, 2009
This review is a user submitted review from schenksta. You can see all of schenksta's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
07:26 PM on 08/31/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
A band that shamelessly rips-off the acacia strain and from a second story window is not for me.
11:30 PM on 08/31/09
tipoftheiceberg
son of the silent age
User Info.
they're just a horrible band. through and through
this is KORN with breakdowns
09:34 AM on 09/01/09
miketheauthor
Dude
User Info.
HAHAHA ouch. i agree though.
09:52 AM on 09/01/09
kevinAIWW
boner boner boner boner boner boner
User Info.
Actually if you appreciate any Emmure, this album takes a step back to their fist album, A Complete Guide to Needlework, which is by far who Emmure really is. As for them ripping off Acacia, that's not true. They both rip eachother off and that is why the two bands are constantly feuding.

Skynet is ABOUT Frankie, and R2DEEPTRHOAT is about Vince of the Acacia Strain.

Therefore. The battle rages on. This album is alright, but it's no Respect Issue.
10:06 AM on 09/01/09
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
Emmure has gone downhill for sure, but I don't know if 19% is fair.

Anyone else get the feeling(I can't remember the name) that one of the songs was written about Endwell?
05:50 PM on 09/01/09
Dymytry Vance
Fuck Relient K!
User Info.
they're just a horrible band. through and through
this is KORN with breakdowns
They remind me of that butthurt band bring me the horizon...
09:00 PM on 09/01/09
FullCollaspe
User Info.
This band is beyond awful
10:39 PM on 09/03/09
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
People still listen to this band?
10:45 PM on 09/03/09
sth666x
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There are so many things wrong with this review it's ridiculous. You gave the production a poor rating, yet any unbiased reviewer, even if they hated Emmure, or even heavy music in general, would score the production high.

I can hardly believe you didn't under stand what the so called "acoustic breakdown" was. It was a recording of the guitar in the studio. As you can clearly hear, it is an unamplified electric guitar, with a metronome in the background. This was one of the coolest little touches on the album.

If you thought the lyrics were awful, you simply don't understand what makes lyrics good.

This is an abysmal, misinformed, trendy review. Stop following trends and review the album for what it really was, not what trendy internet assholes want to hear.
07:26 AM on 09/05/09
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Well put. Awful band.
09:54 AM on 09/05/09
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
There are so many things wrong with this review it's ridiculous. You gave the production a poor rating, yet any unbiased reviewer, even if they hated Emmure, or even heavy music in general, would score the production high.

I can hardly believe you didn't under stand what the so called "acoustic breakdown" was. It was a recording of the guitar in the studio. As you can clearly hear, it is an unamplified electric guitar, with a metronome in the background. This was one of the coolest little touches on the album.

If you thought the lyrics were awful, you simply don't understand what makes lyrics good.

This is an abysmal, misinformed, trendy review. Stop following trends and review the album for what it really was, not what trendy internet assholes want to hear.

Quote:
"Ask yo' girl how my dick taste"

Oh really Emmure fan? Please share what DOES make lyrics good.
12:29 PM on 09/05/09
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
Stop following trends and listen to good music.
02:30 PM on 09/06/09
fcss21
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I completely agree. Other than the band's inability to make likeable music, their lyrics are terrible.
05:13 AM on 09/08/09
PureBlueSF
ur not even pop punk
User Info.
*in a pseudo-tough clean voice* I'M SO OVER IT I'M FUCKING OVER IT I'M SO OVER IT I'M FUCKING OVER IT!!!!!

Yes, I know that's not from this album but they are still hilariously bad lyrics one year later. :P

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos