Dr. Acula
www.twitter.com/ericflaris
User Info.
I need some advil.
03:27 PM on 12/07/09
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
Clearly, because people who don't know anything about music know something about Radiohead.

This is the worst fucking thing I've read in the entire thread.
The reason Radiohead achieved that level of typicality in the first place was because... HOLY SHIT! they make good music.
That's a very general statement/accusation. I'm relatively offended by it too. I like Radiohead but also feel like I know something or another about music. Maybe I don't. Maybe that's why I quit Paper Rival? I liked Radiohead when I was in Paper Rival, therefore I didn't know anything about music, therefore I was unhappy as a musician, therefore I quit and now I work at a thrift store.

Thanks, Ari.
Whoa whoa whoa. Obviously I wrote that statement to be easily confused on accident. I sure as hell wasn't saying that "People who like Radiohead don't know anything about music" and I sure as hell respect the shit out of Radiohead. Read my next statement as well.
Or Radiohead is an extremely talented band.
Again, I acknowledge this fact. What I was saying originally is that I've made an observation that people I know, in my personal life, claim to like Radiohead, Maroon 5 and Sublime just because they think that it makes them look like they know anything about music. Because the name is so huge and they know that "if you like music, you like Radiohead", people I know who don't care about music CLAIM to like Radiohead, although they don't actually listen to them (because it looks cool.)

Geez guys, did I really word it that awful? I would never fucking say, or think, something so stupid.
03:28 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
And I'm growing tired of your ambiguous non-arguments.

HOLY SHIT! THEY MUST SHARE 0 FANS!?!!!!!
Um, by that graph it looks like they share a shit load of fans .... thanks for backing me up.
03:28 PM on 12/07/09
Jason Tate
User Info.
I wasn't referring specifically to you. You can see it in basically any Radiohead thread on this site.
Most of the people defending Radiohead are fans of pop-punk. You being one of them.

Where am I supposed to see this?
03:30 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Never said shitlist, i just think people hype them up way more than they should be. And i highly doubt the music that's around today was totally dependent on just those two bands alone. The Who and Genesis were around at the same time they were, The Beatles and Led Zepplin just got more press at the time.
No, you're right, because I would put The Who on the same list as the other two. I never said that music today was "dependent" on those two bands either, but I can assure you that the musical stuctures they created are seen and used every day by bands today. The point is that those two bands, musically, are much more important than any "hype" they have gained over the years.
03:30 PM on 12/07/09
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Don't agree with their point at all, but hey that's music.
03:31 PM on 12/07/09
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
ban-alog rebellion
03:32 PM on 12/07/09
albatrossflyer
movies never made you famous
User Info.
This article is so full of crap. The guy makes the outrageous statement that "Radiohead blows" and then tries to back away from it by calling "OK Computer" one of the best rock albums of all time. What he's really trying to say is that "In Rainbows" is a bad album, which is ridiculous. I just got into Radiohead this year, and "In Rainbows" is my favorite album of theirs far and away.

That being said, while they are the musically "greatest" band I listen to, I'd take Anberlin's "Cities" to a desert island before any Radiohead album. I love emo/pop-punk/modern rock music, and while it may not be as musically incredible as Radiohead's stuff, it engages me on a deeper level emotionally.
Holly HoX!
User Info.
No, that would be like saying "New article X did not state that Obama is a Democrat!"

Never once said that. I don't think your music is pop-punk either. Just said I'd accept the self-titled being pop-punk if you accept Texas was.

Yeah, you don't get to talk to me like that. Just not smart. Never once did I tell you to shut your mouth.

It clearly implies a correlation in popularity and media exposure.
So, Dan, where can I get all my AR news and exclusives after Jason shuns you from AP.net?
Jason Tate
User Info.
Damn. Why didn't I think of that? I would have totally just changed his name.

Shit. That's good.
03:34 PM on 12/07/09
oh josh
User Info.
i'm not reading this entire thread it's all bullshit and i don't really even know what is being discussed up to this point. i just want to say everyone who hates radiohead is an idiot. it's like not even funny. there is no fucking argument. they are far from overrated especially cause EVERYONE on this god forsaken website hates them for some fucking stupid reason. so if everyone hates them how are they overrated lol. go to fucking hell you guys suck and don't know what good music is. there is GOOD music and BAD music there is no fucking discussion. FUCK opinions and preferences. radiohead is a brilliant band and like i said if you can't recognize it kill yourself. good day to you
03:35 PM on 12/07/09
muchoawesomeo
...punch and pie
User Info.
brand new sucks
03:36 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Damn. Why didn't I think of that? I would have totally just changed his name.

Shit. That's good.
Don't do anything...rash...a lot of people like him around here.
03:36 PM on 12/07/09
fake empire
Registered Member
User Info.
lol playradioplay kid got banned
03:37 PM on 12/07/09
Holly HoX!
User Info.
i'm not reading this entire thread it's all bullshit and i don't really even know what is being discussed up to this point. i just want to say everyone who hates radiohead is an idiot. it's like not even funny. there is no fucking argument. they are far from overrated especially cause EVERYONE on this god forsaken website hates them for some fucking stupid reason. so if everyone hates them how are they overrated lol. go to fucking hell you guys suck and don't know what good music is. there is GOOD music and BAD music there is no fucking discussion. FUCK opinions and preferences. radiohead is a brilliant band and like i said if you can't recognize it kill yourself. good day to you
How does it "fucking" feel to finally graduate from the "fucking" sixth grade?
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums