Username
Password

Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 184
12:20 PM on 01/04/10
Broclee
Dude, this is so Inception.
User Info.
Let me say most importantly that if you look at his writing credits you'll see he didn't pen that one.

Second to that - go look up the lyrics. It's about old guys hitting on young girls. It says nothing about "wrinkly weiners" at all. To say that's what the song is about is straight up ridiculous.
I really don't care about what he did or didn't do. My only point is that saying it's completely normal simply because he makes money is equally ridiculous. People make money doing weird things, still makes them weird.
12:23 PM on 01/04/10
katieissweet
@katelyndonahue
User Info.
As much hate as there is, I've had this album DLed for a few days now, and I really like it, with the exception of one or two tracks. Dinosaur being one of the fail ones. There are some ballads on the album, too. In no way does this come close to being Millionaires - the girl actually has talent!

If you're going to write a review, it would be nice to actually ... I don't know, 'review' the album?
I mostly agree with this. The fact that this girl can actually sing is a huge step up above the Millionaires already. And her songs are way catchier. Is this music amazing? No, not at all. Is Ke$ha the savior for pop music? Definitely not. Does she make music that I love dancing around to with my friends and songs that are perfect fro drunk party mixes? Definitely. It's not supposed to be anything more than that.
12:33 PM on 01/04/10
And Hours Pass
Signed, Sealed, Delivered
User Info.
I really don't care about what he did or didn't do. My only point is that saying it's completely normal simply because he makes money is equally ridiculous. People make money doing weird things, still makes them weird.

How is writing pop songs such a weird thing? I don't understand that. Look at the songs he's writing: Since U Been Gone (break up song), It Feels Like Tonight (trying to win a girl back), Just Want You To Know (break-up song). Who decided that there's an age limit to when you can write pop songs about universal topics? I find any argument calling him weird for co-writing/co-producing current pop hits to be absolutely absurd. There is absolutely nothing weird about that.
12:38 PM on 01/04/10
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
blake is a genius.
01:03 PM on 01/04/10
lauren1234
Registered Member
User Info.
I enjoy this album more than I should. Yesterday I found myself listening to the whole thing without even realizing where time went. Plus, it's great to work out to.
01:04 PM on 01/04/10
bnizzle
User Info.
nice
01:09 PM on 01/04/10
11:11
Soft sound
User Info.
Love the review and album. Good job, Blake.
01:35 PM on 01/04/10
DGlazier
User Info.
Tik Tok is a joke....it isnt passable. First off, listen to the party by Justice. The vocal comparison is hilarious.

Second of all, this is a video of her performing the song. Worst performance ever will be collected at the end of 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXvzz...er_ embedded#
01:36 PM on 01/04/10
thebelljar
User Info.
really dislike her voice.
01:44 PM on 01/04/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Dumb review and fucking terrible artist
01:45 PM on 01/04/10
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
I hate everything about her, but I thought this review was great, and the scores seemed pretty fair too (although I'm only basing that on Tik Tok, I refuse to listen to anymore of the record).
01:45 PM on 01/04/10
HometownHero
User Info.
I mostly agree with this. The fact that this girl can actually sing is a huge step up above the Millionaires already. And her songs are way catchier. Is this music amazing? No, not at all. Is Ke$ha the savior for pop music? Definitely not. Does she make music that I love dancing around to with my friends and songs that are perfect fro drunk party mixes? Definitely. It's not supposed to be anything more than that.
People use that same excuse for 3OH!3. So no. Just no
01:46 PM on 01/04/10
seraph1214
Sing you to coma, so to speak.
User Info.
Haha fantastic review Blake. I'm one of the few that digs this record.
01:48 PM on 01/04/10
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Tik Tok is a joke....it isnt passable. First off, listen to the party by Justice. The vocal comparison is hilarious.

Second of all, this is a video of her performing the song. Worst performance ever will be collected at the end of 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXvzz...er_ embedded#
God that was awful......I really hate pop radio....
01:49 PM on 01/04/10
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I was going to listen to this, now I'm not.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos