AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Rise Records News - Page 9
Displaying posts 120 - 135 of 181.
04:14 PM on 04/12/10
feedingthefoxes
User Info.
It's funny because I hadn't even heard of them until 3 weeks ago. Nor had any of my friends. I think they are a band that formed a month or two ago, recorded some songs, used one of those things that increases your myspace plays to crazy amounts, did a Ke$ha cover, then got signed.
No, what happened is that they used Cheyne Stokes' old myspace to keep all the friends and plays and increase upon them on their songs. But I can definitely see a play adder being used.
04:17 PM on 04/12/10
SweetThye
esta noche sera mia
User Info.
It's funny because I hadn't even heard of them until 3 weeks ago. Nor had any of my friends. I think they are a band that formed a month or two ago, recorded some songs, used one of those things that increases your myspace plays to crazy amounts, did a Ke$ha cover, then got signed.
ha ha ha ha ha. They certainly didn't use some thing to boost their myspace plays...

They are a fairly new band though, at least under this line up. A lot of these guys have been in previous bands. And it's not like the Ke$ha cover got them signed. They've been working on a deal with Rise for a while now (since they have a relationship with the people there).
04:18 PM on 04/12/10
Color Morale
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

show me songs where that singer:

A. sounds like a singer i haven't heard before
B. sings without mountains of autotune slabbed onto his voice
C. sounds good over music that doesn't reek of generic straightened-haircore Rise Records filth

will you please?
yes or no?
watch the videos of them reording and u hear him sing for a cool minuit with no autotune. and its absolute perfection
04:18 PM on 04/12/10
Pete-Fish101
hi, hi! hi!! HAI!!!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i have their old Demo EP that they put out in the summer of '09. they are not THAT old. their Old stuff is MUUCH better than this. no hints of autotune whatsoever.
04:44 PM on 04/12/10
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
04:47 PM on 04/12/10
blissfulrain
I want to dream.
User Info.
They look better that way.

But seriously, what is up with all these scene bands? I'm starting to hate Rise Records and bands like this. Of Mice & Men showed me how shallow they could be.
04:48 PM on 04/12/10
Spartan789013
I should be proper for a change
User Info.
watch the videos of them reording and u hear him sing for a cool minuit with no autotune. and its absolute perfection
Perfection?

Not. Even. Close.

Sounds wayyyy whiny.

and don't give me any of this "WHY DON'T YOU DO IT" bullcrap either, I wanna see you do it.

EDIT: Still generic metal-core. There is nothing special about them.
04:49 PM on 04/12/10
feedingthefoxes
User Info.
i have their old Demo EP that they put out in the summer of '09. they are not THAT old. their Old stuff is MUUCH better than this. no hints of autotune whatsoever.
Uh, trying to act cool, the band didnt even exist then because their members were in different bands.
04:55 PM on 04/12/10
Pete-Fish101
hi, hi! hi!! HAI!!!
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Uh, trying to act cool, the band didnt even exist then because their members were in different bands.
thats not possible. they have a 4 song demo under the name of Woe, Is Me! trust me, i have it. the first song is the only song with a breakdown
04:55 PM on 04/12/10
Bruised26
always.move.fast.
User Info.
ha ha ha ha ha. They certainly didn't use some thing to boost their myspace plays...

They are a fairly new band though, at least under this line up. A lot of these guys have been in previous bands. And it's not like the Ke$ha cover got them signed. They've been working on a deal with Rise for a while now (since they have a relationship with the people there).

The other day I went to their myspace and they had over 100,000 plays just for that one day. Paramore got about 80,000 plays today, john mayer got about 25,000 and Coldplay got 13,000. Don't tell me they didnt use a player booster haha.
05:08 PM on 04/12/10
barkingincision
i am white rune
User Info.
Go check out Pianos Become The Teeth, Touche Amore, La Dispute, Octaves, and Periphery. Those bands are full of awesomeness. They've given me a breath of life in this decaying scene.
pianos is aight
already love la dispute
love native, though you didn't mention them
touche amore though, my homie just dropped from college and joined as their drummer
much love there.
05:17 PM on 04/12/10
barkingincision
i am white rune
User Info.
you're a joke.
05:20 PM on 04/12/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
pianos is aight
already love la dispute
love native, though you didn't mention them
touche amore though, my homie just dropped from college and joined as their drummer
much love there.
Haha I love Native too, seeing them in June hopefully.
05:48 PM on 04/12/10
barkingincision
i am white rune
User Info.
Haha I love Native too, seeing them in June hopefully.
word brother. have fun.
yeah i've steered myself away from heavy shit since high school. most of it isn't that exciting, but lately it's all about HEALTH. they're heavy and unique in their own way.

06:01 PM on 04/12/10
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
The Ke$ha cover is actually decent.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music