Username
Password
Album Info. News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Album Info.
Inside AP.net

Valaska on iTunes

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (06/13/10)
Valaska's Self Titled EP is now available on iTunes. Once again, it was produced by Aaron Marsh and if you dig Copeland, Jeremy Larson, Sleeping At Last and Deas Vail this is right up your alley. If you need any more convincing head over to his AP.Net profile to stream the beautiful track, "Maverick" or check out my review here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
10:52 PM on 06/13/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Best EP of 2010 so far easily.
10:57 PM on 06/13/10
SweetThye
esta noche sera mia
User Info.
Such a good EP. Great tunes. Great musician.
11:09 PM on 06/13/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Such a good EP. Great tunes. Great musician.
Glad to see more people enjoying this!
11:10 PM on 06/13/10
blindrider529
***NICKEL CREEK*** <--GO LISTEN NOW
User Info.
I looooove Copeland (and anything Aaron Marsh is involved in) and get absolutely high driving around driving around listening Deas Vail (their music in the ears of a driver should be illegal), but I listened to a couple things on the Valaska Myspace page and just felt kinda of ehh. I didn't think it was bad, but I just wasn't terribly impressed. I didn't get that urge to listen to listen to more songs or anything. I guess I'm trying to say I wasn't moved.

Never trust a first impression, though. That is something I've learned.
11:12 PM on 06/13/10
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
I looooove Copeland (and anything Aaron Marsh is involved in) and get absolutely high driving around driving around listening Deas Vail (their music in the ears of a driver should be illegal), but I listened to a couple things on the Valaska Myspace page and just felt kinda of ehh. I didn't think it was bad, but I just wasn't terribly impressed. I didn't get that urge to listen to listen to more songs or anything. I guess I'm trying to say I wasn't moved.

Agreed. Felt the exact same way after listening to the song on his AP page. It's decent but not something I feel compelled to listen to more of. I'll check out the EP because of the love I have for Aaron Marsh though
11:13 PM on 06/13/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.

I'm more impressed with this upon first listen than I was with Deas Vail. Not to say they aren't great, but they have gotten better over time. I think the most impressive thing is it's only one guy.
11:18 PM on 06/13/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
They sound so good.
11:19 PM on 06/13/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
11:20 PM on 06/13/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
I love bands with this sound. I think you're my favorite AP staffer now.
11:25 PM on 06/13/10
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
I'm more impressed with this upon first listen than I was with Deas Vail. Not to say they aren't great, but they have gotten better over time. I think the most impressive thing is it's only one guy.
Have you ever listened to Jeremy Larson? Also one guy who made two freaking amazing albums. Recommend checking him out if you haven't
11:27 PM on 06/13/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Have you ever listened to Jeremy Larson? Also one guy who made two freaking amazing albums. Recommend checking him out if you haven't
Of course! Probably should have listed him in the post too. Probably the most close resembling artist to Valaska, but I was having a mind cramp thinking of bands/artists that made similar music. Love Larson to death though. Watch his DVD I got when I preordered his album all the time.
11:27 PM on 06/13/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I love bands with this sound. I think you're my favorite AP staffer now.
I aim to please
11:45 PM on 06/13/10
Dirge07
...coitus?
User Info.
Daddy likie
11:52 PM on 06/13/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
If there are any other bands I should know about that have this sound please share.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests