Password

Album Review
BLK JKS - Zol! Album Cover

BLK JKS - Zol!

Reviewed by
BLK JKS - Zol!
Record Label: Secretly Canadian
Release Date: June 8, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from Jeremy Aaron. You can see all of Jeremy Aaron's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
09:39 AM on 06/13/10
FullCollaspe
User Info.
After Robots was a jam
04:52 AM on 06/14/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
I dig them. I liked the last EP a good bit. Anxious to give this a listen. But I am going to have to politely disagree on this being more exciting than the World Cup. No effing way. But hey, to each their own!
05:36 AM on 06/14/10
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
I dig them. I liked the last EP a good bit. Anxious to give this a listen. But I am going to have to politely disagree on this being more exciting than the World Cup. No effing way. But hey, to each their own!
While there's certainly a lot of hype and excitement over it, I think it far outweighs the actual matches themselves. Just me of course, but I'd rather watch something where one minor mistake by someone results in points for the other team. In soccer, it seems the constellations have to line up just right for a goal to be scored. I forced myself to watch some Saturday, but I just gave up. Not only are there hardly any goals, there are hardly any shots taken. Way, way too boring for me. Maybe if the field were a quarter of its current size, things could be interesting.
05:56 AM on 06/14/10
Pawan1993
Change isn't the same as progress
User Info.
While there's certainly a lot of hype and excitement over it, I think it far outweighs the actual matches themselves. Just me of course, but I'd rather watch something where one minor mistake by someone results in points for the other team. In soccer, it seems the constellations have to line up just right for a goal to be scored. I forced myself to watch some Saturday, but I just gave up. Not only are there hardly any goals, there are hardly any shots taken. Way, way too boring for me. Maybe if the field were a quarter of its current size, things could be interesting.
The passion with which is goal is defended, each shot is taken, each pass made by far surpasses most of anything I have ever seen. Yeah that was dramatic but the point is the World Cup is gold.
05:59 AM on 06/14/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
The passion with which is goal is defended, each shot is taken, each pass made by far surpasses most of anything I have ever seen. Yeah that was dramatic but the point is the World Cup is gold.
Totally agree. As much as I love every second of the game, I also love watching the fans in their colorful regalia, jumping and singing along, without a care in thew orld. No matter what match, you're always going to see plenty of revelers. Having been to a World Cup match in 1994, I have to say it was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced. So glad someone else sees its uniqueness.
06:04 AM on 06/14/10
Pawan1993
User Info.
Totally agree. As much as I love every second of the game, I also love watching the fans in their colorful regalia, jumping and singing along, without a care in thew orld. No matter what match, you're always going to see plenty of revelers. Having been to a World Cup match in 1994, I have to say it was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced. So glad someone else sees its uniqueness.
Thank you. :)
Watching Maradona go ballistic with each chance Argentina had was was worth every minute of my life. I'm jealous you've been to one but then again Australia might have it in 2022. Also USA seem to be doing very well so far, albeit to a brain freeze by Green. Either way, the World Cup is probably one of the greatest sporting tournaments ever.
06:06 AM on 06/14/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Thank you. :)
Watching Maradona go ballistic with each chance Argentina had was was worth every minute of my life. I'm jealous you've been to one but then again Australia might have it in 2022. Also USA seem to be doing very well so far, albeit to a brain freeze by Green. Either way, the World Cup is probably one of the greatest sporting tournaments ever.
Yes it is, and omg, Maradona is hilarious to watch. God it's priceless. Hope you Aussies get it in 2022. I have my fingers crossed.
06:10 AM on 06/14/10
Pawan1993
User Info.
Yes it is, and omg, Maradona is hilarious to watch. God it's priceless. Hope you Aussies get it in 2022. I have my fingers crossed.
Yes he's controversial but I guess it's why we love him even more. We can even relate it to music. The passion is evident in the finer details and Jesse Lacey can be Maradona lol.
Thanks :) if we do, I'll definitely go, take pics and upload them on this site.
07:35 AM on 06/14/10
PaperRival-Jake
User Info.
I know each record is reviewed from a certain viewpoint. So, for instance, a band like Valaska could essentially have a higher score than this band. Still, I don't see how.
07:52 AM on 06/14/10
Jeremy Aaron
User Info.
I know each record is reviewed from a certain viewpoint. So, for instance, a band like Valaska could essentially have a higher score than this band. Still, I don't see how.
I've never listened to this Valaska, so I couldn't say. Different reviewers is obviously a factor. I also feel it's kind of necessary to scale down the score for an EP a little. To score it high-80s, for example, would seem to imply that it accomplishes in five tracks what great albums do in ten. Without a doubt, though, the band is a lot of fun to listen to.
01:38 PM on 06/14/10
PaperRival-Jake
User Info.
I've never listened to this Valaska, so I couldn't say. Different reviewers is obviously a factor. I also feel it's kind of necessary to scale down the score for an EP a little. To score it high-80s, for example, would seem to imply that it accomplishes in five tracks what great albums do in ten. Without a doubt, though, the band is a lot of fun to listen to.
I agree 100%. Very well written review and I love BLK JKS. They had one of my AOTY's last year.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos