AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Bridge 9 Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Bridge 9 Digital Subscription

Posted by - 11:39 AM on 03/16/11
Bridge Nine Records unveiled a digital music subscription service in which users can stream 100+ albums (among other perks) for $4/month or $30/year. Details here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
11:39 AM on 03/16/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
11:41 AM on 03/16/11
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
$4 a month x 12 = $28 a year. Why opt for the $30 a year option? Am I missing something?
11:42 AM on 03/16/11
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
$4 a month x 12 = $28 a year. Why opt for the $30 a year option? Am I missing something?
you're missing your math book
11:43 AM on 03/16/11
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
...4 X 12 is definitely 48.
over.reaction
Registered Member
User Info.
This could either go very well, or very not.
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Check your math...
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
you're missing your math book

...4 X 12 is definitely 48.

Just looked back at my post. Well, that's my epic EPIC fail for the day. Mind you, I had like three hours of sleep, but fuck it. I pretty much deserve every ounce of shit I get for this.

Yeah, $30 is a lot more enticing now.
11:44 AM on 03/16/11
Circa1628
Long suffering Bills fan
User Info.
Just looked back at my post. Well, that's my epic EPIC fail for the day. Mind you, I had like three hours of sleep, but fuck it. I pretty much deserve every ounce of shit I get for this.
I think you did your math by the days of the week ;)
11:47 AM on 03/16/11
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
I think you did your math by the days of the week ;)
Haha, probably.
12:02 PM on 03/16/11
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.

Yeah, $30 is a lot more enticing now.
Atleast you owned up to it, whenever I post something dumb and people call me out on it I go in AP hiding for a day to clear my name =P
12:14 PM on 03/16/11
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
User Info.
Interesting concept, for sure! Wasn't the big draw for this the message board perks? That's how I interpreted it when I read another news post on the topic. It was portrayed as a means to help pay for the cost of their message board.

Either way? I think I would need to be really into a label and its roster to bother paying a premium to stream their catalog and not physically own the records--or bother joining their message board. But the B9 board is pretty popular, so I guess it all makes sense.

If the perks were good enough, I'd be down to do something like that for AP.net however.
12:55 PM on 03/16/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Interesting concept, for sure! Wasn't the big draw for this the message board perks? That's how I interpreted it when I read another news post on the topic. It was portrayed as a means to help pay for the cost of their message board.

Either way? I think I would need to be really into a label and its roster to bother paying a premium to stream their catalog and not physically own the records--or bother joining their message board. But the B9 board is pretty popular, so I guess it all makes sense.

If the perks were good enough, I'd be down to do something like that for AP.net however.
Yeah, outside of the streaming and the potential of limited/exclusive/early merch, most of the other perks pertain to the B9 board.
01:02 PM on 03/16/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like this idea.
01:07 PM on 03/16/11
Davey_Owens
User Info.
Or I could download as many albums as I want for free....because I'm assuming the artists will get nothing from this anyway.
Why is it only the artist you want to support? This isn't a major label screwing their artists over. It's pretty honest people that formed an honest label that need to pay bills just as much as the next guy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos