Username
Password
Canada News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Canada
Inside AP.net

Canadian Music Round-Up (08/21/11)

Posted by: Deborah Remus (08/21/11)
Head to the replies to read this week's Canadian Music Round-Up.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 15
10:15 AM on 08/21/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Canadian Music Round-UpIn case you missed them during the week, here are the posts made about Canadian content:

Arkells Release Date

Dancing With Paris
Post New Song

Drake Featured On New Song by Game

The Flatliners Release 7" Single and Video for "Count Your Bruises"

Fucked Up Music Video For "The Other Shoe"

Library Voices Album Stream

Lights Album Artwork / Pre-Order

Metric
Enter The Studio

Moneen Give Exclusive Track to Digital Benefit Comp For Japan

The Weeknd Puts Thursday Up For Download

------------------------------------------------------
Additional News:

Acres of Lions will release Collections on September 13. The record is up for pre-order here.

--------------------------------------------------------
Additional Music and Videos:

The New Cities are giving away a free download of "C.L.O.N.E." to make up for moving the release date of Kill The Lights back to September 27.

Diamond Dancer's music video for "Sleeping In Mount Pleasant" can be seen here.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Tour Dates:

Dates for the Too Cool For School Tour featuring Blind Witness, Stray From The Path, Vanna, Liferuiner and Affiance are below:

Sat Sept 17 - Kitchener, ON @ KOI Music Festival
Sun Sept 18 - St Catharines, ON @ Level 3
Mon Sept 19 - London, ON @ Rum Runners
Tues Sept 20 - Hamilton, ON @ Absinthe
Wed Sept 21 - Toronto, ON @ Annex Wreckroom
Thurs Sept 22 - Barrie, ON @ The Mansion
Fri Sept 23 - Montreal, QC @ Underworld (NO BW)
Sat Sept 24 - TBA, QC
Sun Sept 25 - Ottawa, ON @ Mavericks
Mon Sept 26 - Quebec City, QC

D.O.A. announced a fall tour:

8/20 Tofino, BC - Legion Hall
9/7 Kamloops, BC - Pogue Mahone
9/8 Edmonton, AB - Permanent Records (acoustic in-store)9/8 Edmonton, AB - The Pawn Shop
9/9 Calgary, AB - Palomino
9/10 Calgary, AB - Sloth Records (acoustic in-store)9/11 Canmore, AB - Canmore Hotel
9/14 Minneapolis, MN - Triple Rock
9/15 Green Bay, WI - The Crunchy Frog
9/16 Chicago, IL - The Cobra Lounge
9/17 Plainfield, IN - Tattoo City Underground Festival
10/4 Hamilton, ON - The Casbah
10/5 London, ON - Call The Office
10/6 Waterloo, ON - Chainsaw
10/7 Toronto, ON - The Horseshoe
10/8 Montreal, QC - Katacombes
10/9 Rouyn, QC - Cabaret De La Derniere Chance
10/11 Quebec City, QC - L'Agitee
10/12 Saguenay, QC - Le Bunker
10/14 Ottawa, ON - Mavericks
10/15 Kingston, ON - The Mansion

-------------------------------------------------------------
If you’d like to submit Canadian news to AbsolutePunk.net, email me at deborah.remus@absolutepunk.net or send me a PM with “Canadian Round-Up” in the subject line. I don't check the news queue often so that's probably the best way if you want to guarantee I'll see it.
10:16 AM on 08/21/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
No round-up next week because I'm catching a flight to Toronto and spending a few days there. Never been before and super excited to finally see the biggest city in Canada! Feel free to recommend me stuff to do and good places to eat. I know a bunch of you are from around there.

And shows. I guess there's Incubus, but I'm still undecided. If there's any good local bands playing Saturday/Sunday/Monday let me know and maybe I'll show up.
10:42 AM on 08/21/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
No round-up next week because I'm catching a flight to Toronto and spending a few days there. Never been before and super excited to finally see the biggest city in Canada! Feel free to recommend me stuff to do and good places to eat. I know a bunch of you are from around there.

And shows. I guess there's Incubus, but I'm still undecided. If there's any good local bands playing Saturday/Sunday/Monday let me know and maybe I'll show up.
Damn! We should have planned a meet-up!
11:06 AM on 08/21/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Damn! We should have planned a meet-up!

I know! It's fairly last minute, I just happened to have 2 weeks off before heading back to school. So instead of sitting around at home I decided to book a flight to Toronto and finally check the city out.

But if I like Toronto, I'll definitely be back and hopefully we can meet then. I'd love to check out Canadian Music Week or NXNE eventually.
11:07 AM on 08/21/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I know! It's fairly last minute, I just happened to have 2 weeks off before heading back to school. So instead of sitting around at home I decided to book a flight to Toronto and finally check the city out.

But if I like Toronto, I'll definitely be back and hopefully we can meet then. I'd love to check out Canadian Music Week or NXNE eventually.
Haha that's awesome. Are you going by yourself?
11:20 AM on 08/21/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Haha that's awesome. Are you going by yourself?

Yes, I am. I'm treating it like a backpacking trip, even though it's only for a few days. I've never traveled solo before and think I could use some practice. When I'm finally done school and have my degree, I'm seriously thinking of taking off for a year. Don't know exactly where yet, but I know I want to travel.
07:34 PM on 08/21/11
toby_newsboys
Are we all lost like you?
User Info.

Structures is playing in Cambridge on the 28th you could check that out
08:10 PM on 08/21/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Structures is playing in Cambridge on the 28th you could check that out

If I was renting a car I'd consider it, but since I'm not I'm just going to be hanging around downtown Toronto. Thanks for the suggestion though!
08:39 PM on 08/21/11
silentname
Good < Evil
User Info.
I've been waiting for Stray and Vanna to tour Ontario again (: So stoked.
09:21 AM on 08/22/11
RockTheWalls
Rock The Walls: http://idobi.com
User Info.
Yes, I am. I'm treating it like a backpacking trip, even though it's only for a few days. I've never traveled solo before and think I could use some practice. When I'm finally done school and have my degree, I'm seriously thinking of taking off for a year. Don't know exactly where yet, but I know I want to travel.

If you are in the city and need help with places to hit/need someone to show you around or even need a place to crash let me know. You gotta hit up Sneaky Dee's for sure! Food is so good.

Big Chocolate is also here on Friday Night if you want to check that out, not sure on other shows just yet.
04:19 PM on 08/22/11
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
If you are in the city and need help with places to hit/need someone to show you around or even need a place to crash let me know. You gotta hit up Sneaky Dee's for sure! Food is so good.

Big Chocolate is also here on Friday Night if you want to check that out, not sure on other shows just yet.

I've already got a place to crash, but if you want to show me around I'm definitely in. I probably won't be able to make that show because I fly in that night, but anytime Saturday, Sunday or Monday would work. I have no concrete plans so it's probably best to go on your schedule, haha.
05:06 PM on 08/22/11
RockTheWalls
Rock The Walls: http://idobi.com
User Info.
I've already got a place to crash, but if you want to show me around I'm definitely in. I probably won't be able to make that show because I fly in that night, but anytime Saturday, Sunday or Monday would work. I have no concrete plans so it's probably best to go on your schedule, haha.

Awesome, I just gotta do my show on Saturday and I work on Sunday Night but otherwise i'm free, i'll send you a PM
05:14 PM on 08/22/11
toby_newsboys
User Info.

the big chocolate show is on friday????? i totally forgot about that.....i have the day off so i may have to check that out
05:15 PM on 08/22/11
toby_newsboys
User Info.
I've been waiting for Stray and Vanna to tour Ontario again (: So stoked.
I think Vanna is playing Koi Festival in September
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums