AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Victory Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Counterparts Pre-Order Available

Posted by - 10:10 AM on 08/25/11
Counterparts are in the studio finishing their sophomore album,The Current Will Carry Us, to be released on October 25th. You can pre-order it along with some other merch here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 37
10:20 AM on 08/25/11
brandon_260
User Info.
I want this album so badly! I'm glad it won't be out on the 4th, it will give me time to actually appreciate it.
10:26 AM on 08/25/11
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
User Info.
I want this album so badly! I'm glad it won't be out on the 4th, it will give me time to actually appreciate it.
I'm probably going to request an advance to review, haha.
10:33 AM on 08/25/11
brandon_260
User Info.
I'm probably going to request an advance to review, haha.
I didn't get into their debut until a month or so ago, but I had seem them multiple times since they are locals. I'm interested to hear how they progressed.

I also had no clue this would be out so soon.
10:39 AM on 08/25/11
Sean Rizzo
User Info.
I didn't get into their debut until a month or so ago, but I had seem them multiple times since they are locals. I'm interested to hear how they progressed.

I also had no clue this would be out so soon.
I'm hoping they didn't get generic on us.
10:42 AM on 08/25/11
DemBitties
I ended up as food for wolves
User Info.
The first, and possibly the last time I'm excited for a Victory Records release.
11:02 AM on 08/25/11
Sean Rizzo
User Info.
The first, and possibly the last time I'm excited for a Victory Records release.
Me too.
11:08 AM on 08/25/11
cococrisp20
3Hunna
User Info.
I'm hoping they didn't get generic on us.
no chance this record will be real talk, melodies, breakdowns, and gang vox up the ass
11:39 AM on 08/25/11
Lodewijk
Suburbia, stop pushing.
User Info.
I was expecting a lot of hate on this page, but I am pleasantly surprised. Counterparts are one of my favorite hardcore/metalcore bands, I too hope they didn't go Attack Attack on everyone, I liked their old style. I think it'll be pretty cool though.
11:40 AM on 08/25/11
Sean Rizzo
User Info.
I was expecting a lot of hate on this page, but I am pleasantly surprised. Counterparts are one of my favorite hardcore/metalcore bands, I too hope they didn't go Attack Attack on everyone, I liked their old style. I think it'll be pretty cool though.
That basically sums up how I think. There are a lot of people who assumed that just because they're on Victory that they're another crappy scene metalcore band.
11:41 AM on 08/25/11
shawnPLAGUES
Steve Holt is a bastard.
User Info.
I've got high hopes for this album. Will more than likely pre-order the black smoke LP.
11:45 AM on 08/25/11
Lodewijk
Suburbia, stop pushing.
User Info.
That basically sums up how I think. There are a lot of people who assumed that just because they're on Victory that they're another crappy scene metalcore band.
Indeed, I know Victory signs bands like Design The Skyline, but Counterparts was a good sign in my opinion. I think they're really one of a kind. I'll wait for the first single and if they haven't gone "BR00T4LZ" I'll order that LP haha.
11:49 AM on 08/25/11
Sean Rizzo
User Info.
Indeed, I know Victory signs bands like Design The Skyline, but Counterparts was a good sign in my opinion. I think they're really one of a kind. I'll wait for the first single and if they haven't gone "BR00T4LZ" I'll order that LP haha.
Honestly, I can't see Victory doing anything but sinking. It's sucky for Counterparts, but maybe they'll get a couple releases out before that happens and can move to a better major.
11:50 AM on 08/25/11
S7ranburgLar
We're not for them(and that's cool)
User Info.
good canadian band, and they put on a solid live show.
11:50 AM on 08/25/11
Lodewijk
Suburbia, stop pushing.
User Info.
Honestly, I can't see Victory doing anything but sinking. It's sucky for Counterparts, but maybe they'll get a couple releases out before that happens and can move to a better major.
Hope so too. I've let metalcore go completely, but I still like this band's style, kind off different. Hope they got a lot of melodic hardcore influences in this LP.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos