Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 408.
01:45 PM on 10/06/11
Jennurna Gray
Happy P and the Goblet of Giggles
User Info.
Haha I don't blame you for not recognizing it at all. As I said to someone else in another thread, it doesn't sound like any other Albanian accent at all. It's like in its own category, so no one can ever really tell. It's strange.

That's awesome that you actually know about Albania somewhat though! Most people don't even know it exists. Are you friends with the kid? If you talk to him, you'd probably notice that his accent is nothing like mine.

Moving here was extremely difficult, actually. You can read more about it on my blog -- I've touched on that a little bit.
Oh wow. Why do you think that is? My first thought was that there was added Canadian, but that's just me being a dumb American who isn't used to hearing that either. I've known about it for a few years just because that kid talked about it quite a bit and made it sound like a pretty cool place. I'm not friends with him because he pretty much disappeared off of the face of the earth about a year ago lolol. I will definitely check it out!
03:50 PM on 10/06/11
just.Starla.
I put my bra on one boob at a time
User Info.
blink-182- I discovered them on MTV in the summer of 2000. I fell in love with the "All the Small Things" video. It was sort of my first introduction to rock/alternative, and I've loved their music every since then.

My Chemical Romance- It was sometime near the end of 2004/ beginning of 2005 on Fuse. They used to play the "I'm Not Okay" video all the time. MCR ended up being one of my favorite bands in high school due to Fuse playing their music all the time.
03:52 PM on 10/06/11
Lueda Alia
User Info.
Oh wow. Why do you think that is? My first thought was that there was added Canadian, but that's just me being a dumb American who isn't used to hearing that either. I've known about it for a few years just because that kid talked about it quite a bit and made it sound like a pretty cool place. I'm not friends with him because he pretty much disappeared off of the face of the earth about a year ago lolol. I will definitely check it out!
Haha no, you're right -- it's a mix of both accents. I don't really know how it turned into what it is, but I have no control over it!

That's awesome that you know about it. You just earned a buncha sweet points on my book!

Ps: You should post a video.
05:40 PM on 10/06/11
StrictlyRude
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, I've tried to record a video several times and I think something is up with my mic so I'll just have to type what I wanted to say and send in a pic =[

The first time I ever heard of MCR was when MTV2 still played music videos if you can imagine that. It was some evening after I had gotten home from school in 2004 so I was a freshman in high school. I turned on the tv and after a while, the video for Iím Not Okay came on and I thought it was just the most amazing thing I had ever seen. They were putting out something that sounded so much different from everything else I was hearing at the time. They had me hooked with that one video. I never fit in growing up and I was always bullied so it was great to see some guys that had went through the same type of experiences as me overcoming that and making something of their selves. Ever since that day Iíve been a huge fan. Iíve followed everything that theyíve done and loved every second of it. When I heard Gerardís story of 9/11 and how he realized he wanted to make an impact, it inspired me. Iím currently going to school to become a psychologist so I can attempt to make a difference in kids lives so they maybe they wonít feel so alone like I did. I feel like MCR has truly made me a better individual and I really just want to say thank you.

06:44 PM on 10/06/11
Jennurna Gray
Happy P and the Goblet of Giggles
User Info.
Haha no, you're right -- it's a mix of both accents. I don't really know how it turned into what it is, but I have no control over it!

That's awesome that you know about it. You just earned a buncha sweet points on my book!

Ps: You should post a video.
Haha, well, that's awesome. It turned out to be really interesting! YEAAAAAAH! I'm finally cool!

I would, but it'd be a huge disgrace to this thread. I'm not a huge fan of either. I basically only know the older, popular songs from each band (which I know is probably the most dangerous thing to say on AP)
08:41 PM on 10/06/11
ListyRayne
User Info.
What is the deadline for this?
08:58 PM on 10/06/11
MyJukeboxBroke
I need a Couch
User Info.
holy shit mark looks like the grim reaper in that vid
12:43 AM on 10/07/11
blnk182bassist
User Info.

It's hard for me to really encapsulate why I love Blink-182, what they mean to me, what they've done for me through their music and personality influences, etc....but I tried to explain it to a certain extent in this video.

Many thanks to the blink guys, their management, etc for being awesome people. And thanks to Jason and the rest of AP.net for running an awesome site.

PS: I guess I got my dates wrong for when I started reading AP.net. My register date is 2003, so looks like I've been here for a little while ;) :P
01:01 AM on 10/07/11
7years
User Info.

Being on camera is awkward. Especially when you're an awkward person...like me.

And I wanna see Tate's video

...anyway! Please pick me! Cause if you don't...well, I'll just have to fight you.

hey whats that song in the background at the beginning of your vid?
07:13 AM on 10/07/11
DylanPPPP
Don't ya like clowns?!
User Info.
hey whats that song in the background at the beginning of your vid?
Long Lost Friends byTransit.
07:31 AM on 10/07/11
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
I don't care enough to make a video, but here's how I discovered Blink 182, cuz it's kind of a neat story I guess:

It was June 1997 and I was 17 and went with a friend to my first of 10 straight Warped Tours.

Back then (this was the 3rd Warped Tour), it was still a relatively small festival, just the two main stages and one local-bands side stage. Maybe 3,000 in attendance total, a far cry from where the festival stands today.

There were 16 bands playing the two main stages, 30 min. sets of course.

I was there early, so I could catch every band. The bands went on esentially in order of popularity back then, so the most unknown band would play first.

yea, it was Blink 182. They were about to release Dude Ranch, it wasn't even out yet. There were a couple hundred people there early enough to see their set. I thought they were young and hilarious, regular dudes. Scott was still their drummer.

I dug their set and bought Dude Ranch when it dropped later that Summer. It became the soundtrack to my Junior year of HS of course.
10:30 AM on 10/07/11
crimes
douchebag
User Info.
"What's My Age Again?" was on one of the first few NOW CD's and I was obsessed with those when I was a six year old.

Also, MCR I found on Yahoo Music and I thought Gerard Way was a scary woman.
01:12 PM on 10/07/11
wecameaswaffles
39/smooth
User Info.
blink were on kidz bop when i was like 4 (haha all the small things!), loved them since.. yes, i listened to the original songs back then too. and MCR in 6th grade when i started to get into rock music.
01:42 PM on 10/07/11
taylorkh818
User Info.

My name is Taylor and this is how I first discovered Blink-182 and MCR!

Discovering MCR was very special to me because it led to a lot of great relationships that I still have now and they are still my favorite band.
02:44 PM on 10/07/11
poisonpride11
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well, lets see. First I'll start with my name and age. Hi, I'm Alexa Forbes, age 11. I first heard MCR when I was 6. It was 2006 in the car with my mom. I believe we were driving to the supermarket when Welcome to the Black Parade came on. I didn't know the title of the song or the band name, which sucked. It was my favorite song. I heard them again in 2007, 2009, and then finally 2010. That is when I got hooked. Before I saw Blink and MCR in concert, I was a loose fan of Blink. I knew a couple songs like Feeling This and What's My Age Again, but not a lot. I first heard What's My Age Again when I was 8-9 years old. After the concert, I started to realize after they came on that they were really good! I kept listening to them and know they are both two of my top three favorite bands. They helped me through a lot, aseptically My Chem. I've been through depression and back, and these to amazing, talented, unique bands helped me out. I don't care if I win or not, I just want people to know this. <3
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests