AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

01:53 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com
NBC just put up a preview, and they make a fantastic schadenfraude joke early on. MORE STOKED.
02:47 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
Southern California
Male - 22 Years Old
Shit is inconsistent. To a casual viewer, this shit is a joke. If you want viewers, and someone is flipping the channel and see Community on and think to themselves "Oh, I've heard great things about this show" and put it on and a fucking anime episode is on. I mean, really? Honestly, I'm watching it now because of what has been invested so far, but this show wants studios to take it seriously, but it can't even take itself seriously.

If you read any of Dan Harmon's tweets from last week (which I knew to be so awesomely sarcastic) you can tell that he honestly doesn't care. He has a core fanbase who love the antics they pull off. Also, what's with the anime hate?
02:49 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
WTG
Former Two-Time APWP Champion
Clearwater, FL
Male - 26 Years Old
Watching Friends finale. Dean throws a fit because plane doesn't have a left phalanges. Awesome.
02:54 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 26 Years Old
Watching Friends finale. Dean throws a fit because plane doesn't have a left phalanges. Awesome.
that's him?! Haha awesome I gotta watch that again
02:57 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 20 Years Old
That's the same dude? Holy.
03:00 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
--------------------
Male
this plane doesn't even have a left phalanges!
03:50 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
Shit is inconsistent. To a casual viewer, this shit is a joke. If you want viewers, and someone is flipping the channel and see Community on and think to themselves "Oh, I've heard great things about this show" and put it on and a fucking anime episode is on. I mean, really? Honestly, I'm watching it now because of what has been invested so far, but this show wants studios to take it seriously, but it can't even take itself seriously.

This is so stupid. The show has already done multiple animation sequences. If anything, the show is remaining consistent to its own aesthetic; in fact, I can't think of very many other comedies currently airing that have done a better job of sticking to what works for them while simultaneously being so ambitious.
03:54 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
Matt Chylak
contextblues.wordpress.co m
Philadelphia, PA
Male
hahaha can't wait for tonight's episode. they definitely just want to do whatever while they can
04:01 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
colorlesscliche
you talk too much.
Maryland
Male - 28 Years Old
This is so stupid. The show has already done multiple animation sequences. If anything, the show is remaining consistent to its own aesthetic; in fact, I can't think of very many other comedies currently airing that have done a better job of sticking to what works for them while simultaneously being so ambitious.

I can't think of any other comedies being cancelled.
04:33 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
Springfield, MO
Male - 29 Years Old
I guess I look at it different. If I'm working on a series already three seasons deep, I'm doing it for the fans who consistently watch and am not worried about some turd tuning in and seeing something and thinking to themselves, "Wow, this is too stupid for me."
04:33 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
J.C.
adorkable
New Haven, CT
ya boy - 28 Years Old

I agree that the show is sometimes too reliant on gimmicks and there's been very little plot development this season, but I'm also not in favor of screwing with the essence of the show just to try and make it so a casual viewer might take it more seriously. This has never really been a show that took itself seriously. It was overtly self-aware from the beginning, which was part of its charm.
04:35 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
Protested Hero
Jon
Massachusetts
Male - 26 Years Old
I was flippin' thru shit lass night and dumb ass chinese fuckin cartoons school come on and shit of course they gettin canned! No haha funnies from dis bunch of NBC wtf gimme whitey 9:30-10:00 is way bettter.
04:37 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
I can't think of any other comedies being cancelled.

Have you never heard of Fox or Better Off Ted?
04:38 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
cellarghosts.tumblr.com
Indiana
Male - 24 Years Old
I was flippin' thru shit lass night and dumb ass chinese fuckin cartoons school come on and shit of course they gettin canned! No haha funnies from dis bunch of NBC wtf gimme whitey 9:30-10:00 is way bettter.
hahahaha
04:39 PM on 12/01/11 
User Info.
colorlesscliche
you talk too much.
Maryland
Male - 28 Years Old
Have you never heard of Fox or Better Off Ted?

You know what I meant.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version