Password
This Thread is Closed.

10:45 PM on 12/13/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
Should we spoiler tag this, or does it matter?
10:48 PM on 12/13/11 
User Info.
SkyHeldUpByStar
Love leaves scars.
Farmington Hills, MI
Male - 28 Years Old
Should we spoiler tag this, or does it matter?
I just thought about it after I read your comment and realized that yeah, I probably should.
10:55 PM on 12/13/11 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
July seems so far away, I will drive 2-3 hours to the closest IMAX so that I can see it in its full beautiful glory.
10:59 PM on 12/13/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
It definitely sold me on why I should watch it in IMAX. If they can sell that to the general audience, this will crush Avatar and Titanic.
10:59 PM on 12/13/11 
User Info.
NoOneRunsFaster
Hollister, CA
Male - 28 Years Old
July seems so far away, I will drive 2-3 hours to the closest IMAX so that I can see it in its full beautiful glory.

Closest one to me is in SF, driving 2hrs for the midnight of TDK was the best decision ever. Definitely doing it again for this movie.
11:08 PM on 12/13/11 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
11:09 PM on 12/13/11 
User Info.
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
Indianapolis
Male - 28 Years Old
Staff Member
I might just post that for every day in July until I see that. haha
11:16 PM on 12/13/11 
User Info.
jwicklun
Never forget.
San Francisco, CA
Male - 24 Years Old
11:19 PM on 12/13/11 
User Info.
neo506
Ten Stories
Greensboro, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
"The Penguin got a new credit card!"
11:29 PM on 12/13/11 
User Info.
NoOneRunsFaster
Hollister, CA
Male - 28 Years Old

Treat yo self!
04:15 AM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
Steve Alcala
"Counting Fish"
Staff Member
Oh dear god I'm gonna pee a little if I have to wait any longer
05:01 AM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
Philippines
Male
I can't help but think of Kane whenever I see Nolan's version of Bane. They even rhyme!
05:04 AM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
mbao
I'm on the up and up.
Philippines
Male
Oh, and here're Time's thoughts on the prologue: http://entertainment.time.com/2011/1...ises-prologue/

So if you're like me and you have absolutely no legal way to view the prologue yet, here's their synopsis of the trailer, but I'm marking for spoilers, just in case.

Quote:
To summarize with as few spoilers as possible: The prologue begins near a rural runway, takes to the air on board a CIA airplane, pivots around a mid-air double-cross masterminded by our evil, mask-wearing villain Bane (Tom Hardy), and Ė like so many of Nolanís films Ė puts the emphasis on physicality and stunt work rather than computer-manipulated special effects. Think back to the rotating cityscape of Inception, the eerie billowing fog of Insomnia or the sonar night vision finale of The Dark Knight; Nolan structures his action scenes around simple concepts that afford striking visuals. So it seems appropriate that the most thrilling aspects of this opening sequence involve the most basic laws of physics: wind, speed, distance, height, orientation and tensile strength. As chaos erupts at 10,000 feet between multiple airplanes, itís hard telling where the live-action ends and the computer graphics begin. Most impressive to me was the depiction of what happens to the structure of an airplane when it goes from horizontal to vertical at hundreds of miles per hour.

Following the linear narrative, this prologue also includes a one-minute rapid-fire montage of additional Dark Knight Rises imagery. We briefly see Selina Kyle (Anne Hathaway) in full Catwoman attire. There are multiple shots of the Batmobile ó racing, shooting, burning and, in one brief aside, flying. Fans of the Batman comic already know that once upon a time Bane broke Bruce Wayneís back, and thereís a brief homage to that fact near the end of the montage, as Bane drops a shattered Batman mask. Itís that image that exploded on the Internet yesterday, with the release of the cryptic new Dark Knight Rises poster (see above). Is it conceivable that Nolanís new epic would kill the Caped Crusader?
05:34 AM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
Recovery Room
Viva LaRoche!
Neverland
Male
The more I think about it, and aside from the few lines I couldn't make out, I really do love Bane's voice. I know a lot of people will hate it (beyond not understanding some of it, I mean the actual sound/style itself).

Also, I don't get how some people don't understand why in the prologue Bane transfused some of Pavel's blood to the corpse in the body bag. Maybe because they didn't understand some lines? My confusion was why one of the henchman stayed behind. .
05:38 AM on 12/14/11 
User Info.
stayillogical
She's a marshmallow
Providence, RI
Female - 25 Years Old
So I forgot, what is the prologue attached to/what do I need to go see so I can watch this? Is it being released on the internet regardless?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos