Username
Password

01:59 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
Southern California
Male - 27 Years Old
Do you have them pinned for your toolbar or did you drag them? That shouldn't matter but for some reason it was a reason my iTunes was being buggy.

I think I just dragged them off my desktop, what is the difference? Or what do you think I should do?
01:59 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
knux
Dreaming in Japanese
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
I use it because I'm still learning coding language so it actually helps me in that learning process. Can't say for sure I'll ditch DW once I gain HTML/CSS/JavaScript 'literacy,' but I don't get why you can't use it if you're a real developer.
Notepad++, Coda, or

Dreamweavers syntax and smart tags are not nearly as good and DW is way to heavy for starters. DW is the way they teach you in school to start because its easiest to learn. Other than that I don't know why they would
02:01 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
bob.osos
BOB!
No Avatar Selected
London
Male
LOL... I love this, it's an os topic and people are talking about using dreamweaver and browers... wtfsthat.

#1. Dreamweaver code view saves web designers much time, with options like code wrap and auto-complete it can cut your design time in half. and it only makes shit code if you use the design view... and no web designer that gets paid money uses any WYSIWYG editor.

#2. Fuck Internet Explorer.

#3. I'm looking forward to windows 7 in hopes that I might be able to finally install my version of protools on my new computer without having to switch os's. I can only hope though, I can't wait till my copy shows up in the mail.
02:03 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
theguilt engine
mattjritter
Indianapolis
Male
And there's no question that the two companies took vastly different approaches to their newest operating system upgrades.
02:04 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
Austin, TX
Male - 28 Years Old
Yeah, I know. I'd just rather only write my own code.

just curious...do you know java, ajax cold fusion and all those languages...any incorporated into this site?
User Info.
jahh
go twins!
Twin Cities
Male - 28 Years Old
Notepad++, Coda, or

Dreamweavers syntax and smart tags are not nearly as good and DW is way to heavy for starters. DW is the way they teach you in school to start because its easiest to learn. Other than that I don't know why they would
Yeah I understand. I'm not exactly a 'starter' in web design though. I know there's other programs, but for now I think DW is sufficient.
User Info.
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
Wright City, MO
Male - 27 Years Old
So if this installed onto say a laptop with Vista already installed, will it just replace the OS and keep whatever is saved on there?
02:06 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
knux
Dreaming in Japanese
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
I think I just dragged them off my desktop, what is the difference? Or what do you think I should do?
No clue. From the search I did some people are saying there icon of the program they are using isn't coming up but a replacement icon does.

Are you running a 32Bit system with 64Bit programs?
User Info.
FeynmanWannabe
Take Ecstasy With Me
Western MA
Male - 30 Years Old
Yeah, I assigned a hot-key to it (you may needa make sure it's turned on/installed) --- wish I could replace the regular printscreen button with it.
Haven't tried it, but I'm sure you can make that happen with Autohotkey or one of a billion other programs.

Been running the RC for months. Still haven't put the final version on (laziness). Been running with absolutely no problems for all those months. Hard to go back to Vista on my laptop. They did a pretty nice job with it, I'll admit.
User Info.
redsoxguy676
I think in decimals and dollars.
Emmaus, PA 610
Male - 26 Years Old
Well I for one use Lightning and Thunderbird/Seamonkey.

Lightning is a decent calender with scheduling and task managing software built in, comes in handy with college classes.

And Thunderbird is a basic e-mail program and Seamonkey has a web browser, HTML editor, newsgroups section and mail too built into it.
Don't remember Vista getting nearly the same reaction 7 has.
Vista didn't get a mainstream great reaction like 7 has, but if you look hard enough you can find people that were really looking forward to the release of the OS. I thought the OS has always been great, I haven't had a difficult time with bugs or software that hasn't worked right, or anything of that nature.

Installing Windows 7 HP 64-bit on my new desktop right now. Excited to get the OS running!
02:07 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
redsoxguy676
Emmaus, PA 610
Male - 26 Years Old
So if this installed onto say a laptop with Vista already installed, will it just replace the OS and keep whatever is saved on there?
If you did the upgrade option, your documents and programs and whatnot will be saved. If you did a clean install, then you more than likely lost everything.

Which option did you use?
02:08 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
knux
Dreaming in Japanese
Chicago, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Yeah I understand. I'm not exactly a 'starter' in web design though. I know there's other programs, but for now I think DW is sufficient.
You use DW to code CSS heavy sites? Why.
02:09 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
redsoxguy676
Emmaus, PA 610
Male - 26 Years Old
I use google apps for all of that.
To each their own...

I've never actually used any type of google apps, probably due to laziness. I've always been a Mozilla guy, so I guess I find it easier to use software that I am used to.
02:09 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
theguilt engine
mattjritter
Indianapolis
Male
Don't back IE. Just understand its position in marketshare and my need to act accordingly.

I'm a huge Firefox fan.
marketshare, schmarketshare, i'll take my Firefox. Stats from Feb. 2009:

Quote:
Last month, research firm NetApplications reported that Microsoft's share of the web browser market had dropped to 69.77%. Today the number is down to 67.55%. Google Chrome use has apparently picked up a bit, although the browser still has just over 1% of the market. And Firefox continues to pick up new users every month. The browser now represents over 21% of the market. But one of the most interesting factors is the rise of Apple's Safari web browser, which is now used by more than 8% of computer users.
i'd say in a few more years they'll be even. hopefully microsoft makes a deal with the mozilla foundation.
02:10 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
FeynmanWannabe
Take Ecstasy With Me
Western MA
Male - 30 Years Old
I use google apps for all of that.
Haven't tried it myself, but via a quick google search: http://www.thirderror.com/open-vista...-print-screen/

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos