Username
Password

01:44 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
deezee
geekrevolt.com
Canton, Ohio
Male - 27 Years Old
Whenever I see any topic on this it turns to Mac vs Pc...
01:45 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
jahh
go twins!
Twin Cities
Male - 26 Years Old
Just like every other OS, Vista has its +'s and -'s but people seem to highlight the -'s b/c they're easy to tear apart. Well, surprise, Vista has a lot of good features. Now hopefully Windows 7 will help rebuild Microsoft's reputation.
01:46 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
theguilt engine
Indianapolis
Male - 26 Years Old
And all of those browsers forthemostpart fucking suck and have hardly any market share. And they're phasing out old versions of IE (like version 6) - not the latest ones which render websites just fine without any extra work.
Opinions aside, I'd say I agree with you. But, I'd use them over IE without doubt. I'd say at this point almost 50% of Windows users at my university now use Chrome.
01:46 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
knux
Dreaming in Japanese
Chicago, IL
Male - 26 Years Old
well i assume you are a code heavy designer, a lot of people now a days just use dreamweaver and not even touch code. and then you have people that are really code heavy that use code over the visual screen in DW. I would assume most developers use macs because of the way Adobe CS runs on them. I respect your opinion on using PCs as described but i suppose everyone has their own preferences that work styles that do it for them.
I have never met a real developer who uses dreamweaver.
01:48 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
deezee
geekrevolt.com
Canton, Ohio
Male - 27 Years Old
I love my Macs but this is a little low... Apple needs to stop with these ads. I love Windows 7 and Snow Leopard... Both have their perks.

User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I don't think I have to explain the difference between live testing, and this.

Have you tried Expose feature for Mac? It's really great for multi-tasking. It took me a while to get used to. I love my dual monitor PC for multi-tasking but Expose really keeps me organized.
Yes (I have a Mac as well) and clicking a button by glancing my eyes down will always be faster for me than searching for a function key - finding my window - moving to it - etc. Especially when using a program like Photoshop; where OSX tosses everything all around the screen instead of keeping it in a nice little box for me.

I work faster on a PC. Mac's are boutique, and good for the simple things.
User Info.
CstSnow
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Cant Lose
Monterey Ca
Male - 28 Years Old
And all of those browsers forthemostpart fucking suck and have hardly any market share. And they're phasing out old versions of IE (like version 6) - not the latest ones which render websites just fine without any extra work.

Hey, Chrome is a solid browser.
01:49 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Hey, Chrome is a solid browser.
No it's not. Don't get me started.
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
This.
User Info.
imtimwhoareyou
Student, photographer, etc.
Blaine, MN
Male - 27 Years Old
Doesn't matter what Microsoft puts put apple computers and operating systems are far more advanced and easy to use. They do carry however a heftier price tag. therefore Windows 7 < Snow Leopard. but as far as Microsoft goes it is their best operating system yet after vista was an utter failure.

and to Jason Tate, i'm curious as to why you choose a PC if you design/create this website. Most web developers prefer to use a Mac

It's probably because most professor of web development infuse their own biased opinions about what is right for web development, haha...

I would suggest that Windows operating systems are far more advanced and easy to use... Sounds like a matter of preference rather than absolute truth.
01:50 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
Opinions aside, I'd say I agree with you. But, I'd use them over IE without doubt. I'd say at this point almost 50% of Windows users at my university now use Chrome.
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

01:50 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
jahh
go twins!
Twin Cities
Male - 26 Years Old

I use it because I'm still learning coding language so it actually helps me in that learning process. Can't say for sure I'll ditch DW once I gain HTML/CSS/JavaScript 'literacy,' but I don't get why you can't use it if you're a real developer.
01:52 PM on 10/23/09 
User Info.
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
Chi-burbia
Male - 28 Years Old
Weird, cause Windows is more expensive. Did he get paid less money?

Recession :(
User Info.
Jason Tate
Portland, OR
Male - 31 Years Old
Staff Member
I use it because I'm still learning coding language so it actually helps me in that learning process. Can't say for sure I'll ditch DW once I gain HTML/CSS/JavaScript 'literacy,' but I don't get why you can't use it if you're a real developer.
Because it codes things improperly.
User Info.
theguilt engine
Indianapolis
Male - 26 Years Old

http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news/page/normal/7445.html

And with that, came Chrome on all "Get Connected" discs that are handed out to Freshman at orientation.

Oh, and:

Quote:
I'd say at this point almost 50% of Windows users at my university now use Chrome.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets