AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fat Wreck Chords News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Lawrence Arms Streams Begin Next Month

Posted by - 11:36 PM on 01/17/06
Starting February 9th, The Lawrence Arms will be streaming a new song from their upcoming album Oh! Calcutta! each day on their Myspace page.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 34
11:59 PM on 01/17/06
talaird
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They are the most underrated band on the scene today. I'm still dying for an all Chicago concert with The Lawrence Arms, Rise Against, and Alkaline Trio. Also, remember The Falcon is recording a full length. There are members from all three of those bands in The Falcon. Chicago punk rock will not be destroyed by Fall Out Boy. Amen.
12:20 AM on 01/18/06
this site blows
User Info.
i thought we didnt talk about the lawrence arms on this site. they real are good tho. the episode of the daily show w/ their lead singer (brendan i think?) was funny as shit
02:19 AM on 01/18/06
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Good!

Also, Chris McCaughan from the Larry Arms has just created a MySpace for his solo ventures, and that can be found at http://www.myspace.com/chrismccaughan.
05:29 AM on 01/18/06
actionandaction
chaos ain't me
User Info.
look foward to this.
06:39 AM on 01/18/06
SuperJoe
i am a patient boy
User Info.
Originally Posted by talaird
They are the most underrated band on the scene today. I'm still dying for an all Chicago concert with The Lawrence Arms, Rise Against, and Alkaline Trio. Also, remember The Falcon is recording a full length. There are members from all three of those bands in The Falcon. Chicago punk rock will not be destroyed by Fall Out Boy. Amen.

amen
07:17 AM on 01/18/06
Brownpants06
Canuck
User Info.
great. new anti flag and lawrence arms this year.
07:41 AM on 01/18/06
Meerch119
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
new lawrence arms and new loved ones, a month apart. can't wait to see them play together

fat's off to another amazing start
07:47 AM on 01/18/06
smelltheglove
youarealldumbemokids
User Info.
wow, absolute 'PUNK' actually giving a punk band coverage! who woulda thought?

ps. my most anticipated release of 2006

pps. if only tate pimped these guys like other bands people would realize just how great they are
08:01 AM on 01/18/06
zeketheplmbr
erection selection
User Info.
Remember Slapstick? haha
08:06 AM on 01/18/06
robdobi
hates your guts.
User Info.
Originally Posted by unwritten
Remember Slapstick? haha

if i had to choose three bands to reunite for a show, they would be one of them. other slots would be filled by jawbreaker and atdi, thats how much i used to love that band.
08:26 AM on 01/18/06
zeketheplmbr
erection selection
User Info.
Originally Posted by robdobi
if i had to choose three bands to reunite for a show, they would be one of them. other slots would be filled by jawbreaker and atdi, thats how much i used to love that band.

Yea, I won't lie. I used to like this band alot too.
08:37 AM on 01/18/06
PunkNews.Org
sellout
User Info.
hmmm....those are good picks for reunions.....i forget how good slapstick really was....here's my top 3 bands that need to reunite:

1. jawbreaker
2. operation ivy
3. lifetime

and yeah, i wish tate would do more coverage on bands like the larry arms and less coverage on all those shitty victory bands....can't say i really blame him though, that seems to be what the kids here like....ugh
08:41 AM on 01/18/06
zeketheplmbr
erection selection
User Info.
Originally Posted by PunkNews.Org
hmmm....those are good picks for reunions.....i forget how good slapstick really was....here's my top 3 bands that need to reunite:

1. jawbreaker
2. operation ivy
3. lifetime

and yeah, i wish tate would do more coverage on bands like the larry arms and less coverage on all those shitty victory bands....can't say i really blame him though, that seems to be what the kids here like....ugh

I like your picks.
08:42 AM on 01/18/06
SuperJoe
i am a patient boy
User Info.
Originally Posted by PunkNews.Org

1. jawbreaker
2. operation ivy
3. lifetime

i'd personally prefer minor threat to do a reunion show or two. or hell, even have fugazi come back out of hiatus status. but otherwise, that looks like a pretty solid list.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos