Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
08:17 PM on 06/19/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Wow, pretty huge compliment for Grizzly Bear, and much deserved.
09:59 PM on 06/19/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
just see how many lists Veckatimest ends up on in "top 10 Albums of 2009". It says something when an album leaks so early and ends up being one of the top 10 albums sold the week it is released. I'd say there hasn't been a day since I got it in March that I haven't listend to it. I haven't listened to an album so much since Kid A. I know many other people that can say the same thing. You should try actually listening to the album and maybe you'll understand it ;) sorry it's not spoon fed to you liked Blink 182.
I wouldn't put it in my top 10 albums of the past 10 years, but it would easily make my top 10 for 2009. The vocal harmonies are so great. For someone like Trent Reznor to say such things about Sufjan and Grizzly Bear is a huge compliment.
10:04 PM on 06/20/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
I don't know what you could possibly be talking about. Veckatimest is an unbelievable album. Grizzly Bear puts together some of the most impressive vocal harmonies I have ever heard. I saw them play in an outdoor festival setting and even then they sounded great. I literally had goosebumps on my arms. And to say there is nothing to their music is absurd. Its so complex and meticulous.
Best vocal harmonies since Simon and Garfunkel.
06:43 PM on 06/21/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Even MORE often. ;]

The "and their peers" part was more what I was leaning towards.
Like Fleet Foxes, I think anyone that enjoys this Grizzly Bear record will like the last Fleet Foxes album. More great vocal harmonies.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos