Username
Password
New News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
New
Inside AP.net

New Book From Vjera Music

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (02/08/06)
Indie publishing and clothing company Vjera Music is set to release their first project on Valentines Day! The book, entitled "Exposed," features numerous pieces of visual and written arts created by some of your favorite independent musicians and other music industry personalities. Expect a huge update from them in the coming days, but let's just say that "Honestly" if this post doesn't get your "Attention" and put you in a "Chokehold" then maybe you should get "Under the Covers" and "Commit this to Memory."

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14.
12:55 PM on 02/08/06
SubRosa
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
very cool company! very cool people!
01:08 PM on 02/08/06
Tomte
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
featured band: anathallo:wow:

a very cool company indeed
01:09 PM on 02/08/06
Rocondude66
User Info.
sounds like an interesting book, I think I'll pick it up.
01:09 PM on 02/08/06
imemokillme
wishicouldchangemyusernam e
User Info.
cartel + the academy is... + gym class heroes + dwight yoakam + motion city soundtrack?

good god.
01:12 PM on 02/08/06
Rohan Kohli
True Punk Fan
User Info.
I've seen the full list of bands...people are gonna be pumped.
01:17 PM on 02/08/06
electricpatrick
User Info.
if people are interested in this, check out the book revolutions on canvas from ad astra i think. i know mdb records still has some first editions left for only 6 bucks and that includes shipping

www.mdbrecords.com

this book sounds like the same kind of thing. its cool.

a description of rev on canvas

"DESCRIPTION: The Beat Generation may have disbanded some 40 years ago, but its poetic spirit continues to pervade youth culture, speaking to millions. For decades, young adults have turned to poetry to find a voice for the raw emotion that characterizes adolescence. Now, REVOLUTION ON CANVAS sets out to reclaim and refresh poetry for today's youth in this collection that offers a little bit of everything for everyone. The writing, which ranges from the funny and absurd to heart wrenching, is an eclectic mix of poetry and prose authored by up-and-coming musicians who cover the spectrum of independent music. The bands behind this extraordinary collection, including A Static Lullaby, NOFX, The Format, and Finch, have collectively sold over a million records"

also from members of rx bandits, bear vs shark, strung out, tons of others
02:01 PM on 02/08/06
mikeoftheyear
User Info.
Everyone should definately check out this book. I know that a lot of hard work has gone into its release.
03:18 PM on 02/08/06
recycledAIR
User Info.
Originally Posted by electricpatrick
if people are interested in this, check out the book revolutions on canvas from ad astra i think. i know mdb records still has some first editions left for only 6 bucks and that includes shipping

www.mdbrecords.com

this book sounds like the same kind of thing. its cool.

a description of rev on canvas

"DESCRIPTION: The Beat Generation may have disbanded some 40 years ago, but its poetic spirit continues to pervade youth culture, speaking to millions. For decades, young adults have turned to poetry to find a voice for the raw emotion that characterizes adolescence. Now, REVOLUTION ON CANVAS sets out to reclaim and refresh poetry for today's youth in this collection that offers a little bit of everything for everyone. The writing, which ranges from the funny and absurd to heart wrenching, is an eclectic mix of poetry and prose authored by up-and-coming musicians who cover the spectrum of independent music. The bands behind this extraordinary collection, including A Static Lullaby, NOFX, The Format, and Finch, have collectively sold over a million records"

also from members of rx bandits, bear vs shark, strung out, tons of others

i wanted that book for awhile, and thats a killer price. So I just ordered it. Thanks.
03:23 PM on 02/08/06
KarmaWorks
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
can you say an EXACT ripoff of revolution on canvas.. (which contains both writings and original artwork from band members...) yea it was a great idea.. the first time... revolution on canvas was also released on 2/14.. this is a JOKE... what else are they going to copy .. the pink cover as well?....
05:03 PM on 02/08/06
slatkaHRV
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
sweet! sounds like a really neat book. i saw the drawing the guy from the matches did...really cool! i hope the rest of the stuff is that awesome...where can i buy the book?
05:30 PM on 02/08/06
FantomPJ
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just checked out www.vjeramusic.com you can get it there. Anyway, sounds like a cool idea to me, the book looks like it's in full color and it was free shipping too. I'm figuring on ordering one so I'll leave a post later to tell you my opinion. By the way Spill Canvas and the Format rule!!
05:50 PM on 02/08/06
JohnnyG
Nothing Gold Can Stay
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Well lets see here on the description of the book it says it will have stuff from The Spill Canvas, Cartel, Sugarcult, and Motion City Soundtrack.

I enjoy these kind of books.

I hope it gets put up on smart punk or interpunk. I hate doing paypal.
06:20 PM on 02/08/06
the associates
AP Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow, very cool project AND Anathallo as a featured band, i'd say these guys have a pretty good start, and i think that even the guys at Ad Astra would be into a book like this, its all about supporting art and creative expression not about being a "copy cat" or whatever that bullshit from before was, grow up a little
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS