Los Angeles, CA – June 24, 2009 – far has been hard at work in Airport Studios in LA, recording a new album to commemorate their recent reunion. They’re nearing completion of the record, and the band has written a song they deem perfect for a massive gang vocal chorus. They imagine it could be “the most far-reaching, diverse, punk-rock DIY choir EVER.” To achieve this feat, the band needs their fans to lend their voices. They insist that the contributions don’t have to be perfect, as they simply want as many people involved and having fun as possible. To be a part of this special song, fans and friends can help by doing the following:
1. Watch the intro video here: http://thebandfar.com/media/videos/309/456
2. Record the audio and/or video of you (and your friends and family) screaming along
3. Post the recording anywhere you like (YouTube, Facebook, etc)
4. Send the link (not the file) to us in any number of ways:
- Post it in a comment at http://thebandfar.com/news/839
- Tweet it at http://twitter.com/thebandfar
- Post it as a comment at http://myspace.com/thebandfar
- Post it as a comment at http://www.facebook.com/pages/far/72115108498?ref=mf
far began in Sacramento in the 90's, releasing 4 full-length albums culminating in the release of their last album, Water & Solutions (Epic). These days, the release is considered one of the most influential of its time by magazines like Alternative Press and Kerrang! and remains a touchstone for bands like Thursday, Jimmy Eat World and Alexisonfire. Though the band broke up in 1999, they reunited this past October for some UK dates and as a joke, recorded and covertly released a cover of Ginuwine's classic R&B song "Pony." The song was such an unexpected hit, it began getting play on the biggest modern rock radio stations on the west coast - including Live 105 (San Francisco), 91x (San Diego), KROQ (Los Angeles) and KWOD (Sacramento) earlier this year and is now moving eastward to stations like, WROX (VA), WZBH (DE/MD), and WLZX (MA). Invigorated from the radio play and a number of various tour dates, far is eager to get new music to their fans, and is putting the finishing touches on their comeback record.
far is: Jonah Matranga – vocals/guitar, Shaun Lopez – guitar, John Gutenberger – bass, Chris Robyn – drums.