Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
01:14 PM on 02/22/06
Garett Press
User Info.
Originally Posted by isaaccore
how does the artwork only get a six? C'mon...
i hate cats :\
02:28 PM on 02/22/06
Garett Press
User Info.
Originally Posted by GRIFFARD
lmao. "It doesn't have to be terribly prolific! Just so that it isn't childish and silly." Esmé reflected. "I prefer stories about squalor."
that is perhaps the worst joke i have ever heard. hahaha Series of Unfortunate Events!! haaa.
haha i have no idea what you're talking about... i was referencing Salinger's For Esme: With Love and Squalor, my fav short story
06:07 PM on 02/22/06
Garett Press
User Info.
Originally Posted by deja andyroo
I thought it was the first great album of the year. It won't make my top 10 at the end of the year, and it's doubtful for the runners-up, but it was the bright spot in a stale January (and better overall than the new Strokes album).
Dude, Portugal? Jenny Lewis? The Elected? Rocky Votolato?

January was a sweet month I thought
09:13 PM on 02/22/06
Garett Press
User Info.
Lewis and Votolato both released solid albums, though neither has really been a revelation to me. I've not spent enough time with the Portugal yet, and I have yet to get into the Elected. Most of the reviews for the Elected's album haven't been as good as those for Lewis', and I've never liked Blake's songs as much as Jenny's on the Rilo Kiley records. Is it still worth checking out anyway?

I think your review is very well-written, but I think you should talk more about the actual album. Half of the piece talks largely about the trend of dance-rock, and the actual discussion of the album includes the mention of only one track. It doesn't seem like you were striving for critical analysis, but the majority of a review's text should concern the strengths and weaknesses of the album in question. Great quote usage, though. It definitely seems like you have a great grasp of the source material upon which the album's title is based.

To finish with a potential discussion point While I consider Hot Hot Heat's "Make Up the Breakdown" to be an excellent album from start to finish, I think We Are Scientists have made a much better album than HHH's "Elevator." Agree/disagree, anyone?
thanks a lot dude, i appreciate the helpful constructive criticism

most readers could take a page out of your book
09:24 PM on 02/22/06
Garett Press
User Info.
Hey, no problem. I'm a print journalism major, about to graduate this winter. Based on the reviews that I've read of yours, you seem to be among the best of the AP writers.
oh wow! i'm considering journalism, not sure yet though

thanks for that huge compliment, i look forward to hearing more tips from you in the future
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests