AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Atlantic Records News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Intern for Atlantic Records

Posted by - 12:07 PM on 07/13/09
Want to intern for Atlantic Records? More information is in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
12:07 PM on 07/13/09
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Looking for interns! Atlantic Records digital media & e-commerce!

Atlantic Records is looking for a few bright, motivated, and creative college students who want hands-on experience producing online and mobile content for artists like Paramore, T.I., Flo Rida, Simple Plan, Lupe Fiasco, Plies, Death Cab For Cutie and many more. We’re looking for people who love music and have a great feel for what’s “next” in the online world. We are the first to work with new products and technologies as they relate to marketing and are consistently on the cutting edge of the music industry.
Digital Media intern

Do you spend waaaay too much time on Facebook, Myspace, Purevolume, and YouTube? Are you constantly texting your friends and getting the newest ringtones? This might be the place for you! We’re looking for one or two self-proclaimed computer geeks who are always on top of the newest trends and technology to help us out in the Digital Media and E-commerce department. You’ll work on anything from designing banner ads to creating and managing profiles on social networking sites and sending out mobile alerts for our artists. Every day is different in our department, but as long as you’re hungry for experience and can take initiative on projects you’ll love it here!

Responsibilities:
-Design and maintain social networking sites for Atlantic artists
-Upload videos
-Create banners for contests and promos
-Collect current news and information about Atlantic artists for mobile blasts
-Assist in tracking Atlantic artists online and mobile growth

Web design/development intern

Web Development interns will get to work on projects for some of the world's most renowned musicians. In addition to working on full-blown websites, contest pages, artist blogs, email-blasts, MySpace pages and widgets, interns will also have the chance to experiment with some of the newest and hottest technologies on the web, like the Facebook API and OpenSocial. The Web Development intern should be self-starting, reliable, and ready to produce in a fast-paced, yet exciting work environment

Required Skills:
Photoshop (laying out graphics, image resizing, cropping, exporting)
HTML (hand-coding)
hand-coded (and valid) XHTML
CSS
Experience skinning out MySpace pages
Creating Flash animations (Actionscript (3.0 preferred))
Programming in PHP or JavaScript
Knowledge of Facebook Applications and/or the Facebook API

It’s important for any Digital Media & Ecommerce intern to be self-starting, reliable, and ready to produce in a fast-paced environment. All applicants must be able to commit to twenty hours a week. This internship is unpaid and interns must be receiving college credit. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about a part of the music industry that is constantly growing.

For both internships you MUST be able to receive college credit and be able to get to our New York office. Also, please note, this is an unpaid internship.

TO APPLY: Email your resume and cover letter to: internship@atlantic-records.com with the subject line "Internship"
12:18 PM on 07/13/09
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
why is everything in new fucking york
12:18 PM on 07/13/09
Skees
User Info.
Wish I lived / could afford to spend time in NYC.
12:30 PM on 07/13/09
rpk004
User Info.
i'm looking for a marketing internship this fall but unfortunately suny geneseo is 5 hrs from nyc. beat.
12:49 PM on 07/13/09
Hull
If you love something, give it away
User Info.
Fuck. I wish I were older.
01:39 PM on 07/13/09
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Too bad stuff isn't in Pittsburgh.
01:53 PM on 07/13/09
Gooose
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What a joke internship. Those are hardly "responsibilities".
10:04 AM on 07/14/09
happie
User Info.
What? I get to work with Flo Rida? Im totally signing up for this!!!
10:16 AM on 07/14/09
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
why is everything in new fucking york
it is an entertainment hub
10:24 AM on 07/14/09
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
it is an entertainment hub
well thank you, im actually from madagascar and i had no idea that new york is an entertainment hub.

i was just expressing my frustration that i dont live anywhere near there. also, is your avatar REALLY that terrible saosin cover art?
10:56 AM on 07/14/09
npmshah
Our Love Is Like A Song
User Info.
well thank you, im actually from madagascar and i had no idea that new york is an entertainment hub.

i was just expressing my frustration that i dont live anywhere near there. also, is your avatar REALLY that terrible saosin cover art?
just move to new york if you are pissed about everything being here
i live 3o minutes from NYC so i cant complain. haha
yes, it is. and i actually like the album art. Granted, it couldve been much better, but it is stil pretty good
11:01 AM on 07/14/09
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
oh cool. i live in florida so i cant. and its tough to move to NYC when youre in college. and i thought the album art could hav been cool, like they had a good idea they just didnt get it down on the paper right
11:49 AM on 07/14/09
adambrosio1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Just looked at Fueled By Ramen's myspace and they are hiring interns as well if anybody is interested. Heres the link:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=498976740
01:49 PM on 07/14/09
amysaurus
gonna stay eighteen forever.
User Info.
Wow that all looked so good until the very bottom... sorry, can't get to NYC.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos