Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts
05:25 PM on 07/28/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Who the hell does an in-store in Wet Seal????
05:43 PM on 07/28/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
damn I was gonna come on AP to post this.
You forgot:

From @chrisaffair:

@AnthonyRaneri I use autotune cause it's FUn. Why not smile every once in a while? Check my liner notes. All bs aside,wanna co-write a hit?
Oh, so when you need auto-tune to make a record it's just because it's "fun." Glad he cleared that up.
07:03 PM on 07/28/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
anthony from bayside is a bitter little bitch who needs to stfu & accept the fact that whining isn't gonna make 14 year olds like his "band"
I don't think that's Anthony's goal. He's tired of all the neon shirt, auto-tune bands that write disposable pop music.
09:11 PM on 07/28/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
Yeah. "Heartless"... which is another cover that uses Auto-Tune in the actual song.

But as far as their original songs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcIHMTTofc0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEnjjxW7fg0

Not only do they not have auto-tune on these but the guy can actually sing. If the guy had a horrible voice and used auto-tune to mask that I would understand why people would backlash. He probably just prefers to sing auto-tune for the pop cover songs to make it sound like the original or "cause it's fun" or whatever.

But yeah the talking w/ auto-tune is pretty annoying and pointless.
I just don't get that though. If he can really sing there's no reason for auto-tune to be used.
09:19 PM on 07/28/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
It sounds cool! And it's "FUn."

/sarcasm

(I don't think it was a mistake that he capitalized the first two letters of that word.)
Look at his earlier tweets, it's not a mistake. That's how you say FU when you're wearing neon.
02:53 PM on 07/29/09
brenByah
Welcome to the Blue Hell
User Info.
I don't understand why members of bands find it neccesary to "call out" other bands for no reason. I mean find TWTA uses autotune and they've acknowledged it, they are allowed to use it if they want. If you don't like that sort of thing then there are a lot of bands who don't use it who you can listen to instead.

Anthony is obviously allowed to have his opinion but it's shitty to not only put down the band but also put down the members of said band. I've met all the guys from TWTA and they've been nothing but nice to me..
Personally, I like it when the artists I respect are honest with their opinions concerning the music world. Anthony is pissed about the emergence of a lot of the bands in the scene and I'm glad he's sharing his view.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos