Username
Password
Blog News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Blog
Inside AP.net

The Years Gone By And Rise Split Ways

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (07/31/09)
The Years Gone By and Rise Records have parted ways.
Message From The BandHey everyone, After much deliberating, we decided to part ways with Rise Records. Leaving Rise is a logical step to moving forward in our career. After having one of the supposedly highest regarded pop-punk releases of last year and not seeing one single opportunity come from it, it was a choice we had to make.

While being signed to the label, we never lost the drive or the DIY attitude that this band was founded on. We spent the year on the label, begging for favors to open tours, hitting the road as much as we could, hustling records at every show, sleeping on floors EVERY SINGLE NIGHT on tour. Not to mention, digging in to our own pockets each time our shitty vans broke down. We believe in pushing our band forward with our work ethic, and songs and will to fight for what we want to achieve. We thought that signing to a label would only help further our exposure with their connections and drive to want us to succeed. We now know, that we need to surround ourselves with the people who share the same goals and dreams that we possess. Rise is a great record label. They treated us like family and took a chance on our band. We also took a chance on them. We are so fortunate for the time we had on the label and we appreciate everything they did for our band. We have no hard feelings toward Rise and wish them and there artists the best of luck in the future.

To everyone who's wondering what's next for us... it's simple.We're going to be back and stronger than ever. More updates on a new home, new tour dates and a release are coming soon. Adios Amigos.

- The Years Gone By

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 116
03:39 PM on 07/31/09
princesschad
sowing season
User Info.
No surprise.
03:41 PM on 07/31/09
geebee889
Registered Goober
User Info.
Oh damn, at first I thought it said that The Years Gone By were parting ways. Boy am I relieved!
03:44 PM on 07/31/09
TheBestBet
Toph
User Info.
That was quick, bummer it didn't work out. Sounds like they already have another label ready to pick them up though. Good band.
03:45 PM on 07/31/09
denissuxx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Rise was not the right label for these guys.

They need a good indie label that can push them - not a hardcore label that does fuck all.
03:45 PM on 07/31/09
fazer55t
50s & 60s
User Info.
best Rise Records artist: For The Fallen Dreams
03:49 PM on 07/31/09
FueledByFrodo
@alexmnorthrup/@inorganicrecs
User Info.
Good for them. Rise was shit.
03:50 PM on 07/31/09
CollectiveConfusion
User Info.
they say they have no hard feelings... but the first paragraph makes it seem different. maybe it wasn't the right label for them, but they basically burned a bridge here that they didn't have to.
03:53 PM on 07/31/09
zubinmoosa
Tonight I'm Burning Star IV
User Info.
Yeah it seems there is some friction between them... anyways, love the band and can't wait for new material
03:59 PM on 07/31/09
trappedintime
Yea, you were right about me
User Info.
Good for them. Wish them the best of luck.
04:00 PM on 07/31/09
hiya
User Info.
I'm kind of not suprised by this. I always wondered why TYGB weren't on better tours or getting the promotion they deserve. They're a really solid band, and hopefully a good label will pick them up and give them the exposure they need. looking forward to new material and best of luck!
04:03 PM on 07/31/09
lifeintherye
User Info.
best Rise Records artist: For The Fallen Dreams
yes! and tygb was too, but no more.
these guys are great, i'm sure they'll do fine.
04:07 PM on 07/31/09
pennyflipnfe
User Info.
much love for these dudes. i know they have big things in their future.
04:14 PM on 07/31/09
ffadam
Heaven Sent
User Info.
lots of love for these guys! Rise are a good label but it's definitely not the right label for these guys!

Hopeless would be a perfect label for them.
04:15 PM on 07/31/09
orbulon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This band took their game pretty far before signing with Rise. Rise slowed them down, it might be hard to restart that momentum and keep it fresh.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests