Username
Password

03:31 PM on 10/02/09 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 25 Years Old

Ohh that is depressing. English BA/Graduate lower ranked law school can't find job. Shit. That's gonna be me in 3 years.
03:35 PM on 10/02/09 
User Info.
Smash Adams
Ain't no thing like me, except me
Long Island
Male - 26 Years Old
I found this cool little chart, well I thought it was cool but I'm a nerd, that shows some schools that would be reasonable to get into based on LSAT scores and GPA
http://www.bc.edu/offices/careers/gr...awlocator.html
03:47 PM on 10/02/09 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 25 Years Old
That says I can at least get into Case.

Ian, where are you applying?
03:52 PM on 10/02/09 
User Info.
Smash Adams
Long Island
Male - 26 Years Old
That says I can at least get into Case.

Ian, where are you applying?
Not exactly sure yet, mostly schools in the Manhattan area-but I really don't want to put down a definitive list before I know my scores
You have any clue?
04:05 PM on 10/02/09 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 25 Years Old
Not exactly sure yet, mostly schools in the Manhattan area-but I really don't want to put down a definitive list before I know my scores
You have any clue?

Dream Schools that are never gonna happen:
Fordham/Yeshiva
BU/BC
American/GW/Georgetown

Schools that seem kind of realistic, although it could go either way:
Buffalo
Case

Schools that I can def. get into but don't want to:
Insert schools you haven't heard of.
04:06 PM on 10/02/09 
User Info.
Smash Adams
Long Island
Male - 26 Years Old
Dream Schools that are never gonna happen:
Fordham/Yeshiva
BU/BC
American/GW/Georgetown

Schools that seem kind of realistic, although it could go either way:
Buffalo
Case

Schools that I can def. get into but don't want to:
Insert schools you haven't heard of.
American and Cardoza are on my list too, not sure about Fordham
I would never want to live in Buffalo, that would be like hell for me
04:11 PM on 10/02/09 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 25 Years Old
American and Cardoza are on my list too, not sure about Fordham
I would never want to live in Buffalo, that would be like hell for me

Fordham is so out of my ballpark. Kind of an absurd pipe dream. I would love either American or Cardozo, but, i don't stand much of a chance. My grades are way too low, and my LSAT's are on the lower end. As for Buffalo, i agree. But, at least it's cheap.
05:19 AM on 10/03/09 
User Info.
RedWineSheets
www.myspace.com/ryangustafsonmusic
North Carolina
Male - 27 Years Old
Ohh that is depressing. English BA/Graduate lower ranked law school can't find job. Shit. That's gonna be me in 3 years.

then why would you put yourself in that situation. I really suggest you research the current legal market and your realistic chances of finding a job. NY is the most oversaturated legal market in the country, it is basically impossible to find a job unless you went to a top law school and graduate near the top of your class. Think of how many law schools there are in NY. Think of how many jobs are available each year. The numbers don't add up.
05:42 AM on 10/03/09 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 25 Years Old
then why would you put yourself in that situation. I really suggest you research the current legal market and your realistic chances of finding a job. NY is the most oversaturated legal market in the country, it is basically impossible to find a job unless you went to a top law school and graduate near the top of your class. Think of how many law schools there are in NY. Think of how many jobs are available each year. The numbers don't add up.

Who ever said I wanted to work for a firm in NYC? I don't. But please, tell me what else I should do with an English/Poli. Sci BA, and the current job market.
05:59 AM on 10/03/09 
User Info.
RedWineSheets
North Carolina
Male - 27 Years Old
Who ever said I wanted to work for a firm in NYC? I don't. But please, tell me what else I should do with an English/Poli. Sci BA, and the current job market.

Anything but making your situation worse by attending a low ranked law school. If you think people are giving entry level legal jobs out there like candy you are in for a rude awakening. Just look at job boards and tell me how many entry level(no experience) legal jobs are in your future area of practice and in the geographic location you want to live.

If I were you I'd become a History or English teacher.
07:16 AM on 10/03/09 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 25 Years Old
Anything but making your situation worse by attending a low ranked law school. If you think people are giving entry level legal jobs out there like candy you are in for a rude awakening. Just look at job boards and tell me how many entry level(no experience) legal jobs are in your future area of practice and in the geographic location you want to live.

If I were you I'd become a History or English teacher.

So, a bunch of things:
1. I don't think they give away jobs like candy but the job market in 4 years when I graduate will be different
2. I don't really want to be a lawyer, I want to do something else
3. It's not like I'll be at a tier 3 school. I should be able to make a tier 1.
4. I'm smart, and I interview well, and I can't foresee myself completely unable to get a job
5. I would kill myself before ever becoming a teacher
08:02 AM on 10/03/09 
User Info.
RedWineSheets
North Carolina
Male - 27 Years Old
So, a bunch of things:
1. I don't think they give away jobs like candy but the job market in 4 years when I graduate will be different
4. I'm smart, and I interview well, and I can't foresee myself completely unable to get a job

1. The legal market is making a shift. It will be better but I don't forsee it ever going back to where it was. I wouldn't bank on it being that different.
2. Why the hell are you going to law school then? You can most likely take an easier, less expensive route to the ultimate job you want. A JD closes more doors than it opens. People see JD and wonder why the hell you are are applying for a non-legal position and will not hire you because they consider you a flight risk.
3. Case and Buffalo aren't exactly tier 1( they are, but bottom of the pack)
4. If you are smart and interview well why can't you find job now?
5. Point taken.
08:31 AM on 10/03/09 
User Info.
Chancetobe
Only the good die young
Cleveland/Upstate NY
Female - 25 Years Old
1. The legal market is making a shift. It will be better but I don't forsee it ever going back to where it was. I wouldn't bank on it being that different.
2. Why the hell are you going to law school then? You can most likely take an easier, less expensive route to the ultimate job you want. A JD closes more doors than it opens. People see JD and wonder why the hell you are are applying for a non-legal position and will not hire you because they consider you a flight risk.
3. Case and Buffalo aren't exactly tier 1( they are, but bottom of the pack)
4. If you are smart and interview well why can't you find job now?
5. Point taken.

To point 4, I'm not looking, nor have I graduated yet.
05:08 PM on 10/03/09 
User Info.
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual
So, a bunch of things:

1. Banking on a changing economy is risky, but it cant get must worse than it is now.
2. Don't get a JD if you don't want to be a lawyer. What purpose does it serve if not to practice law?
3. Tier 3 as best school in its market > Tier 1 in over-saturated market
4. So does 50% of my class, and most of them don't have jobs yet. Market is REALLY bad.
5. Fair enough
05:10 PM on 10/03/09 
User Info.
Villanova1L
Pseudo Intellectual

Unless you're going to a top 20 school, go to a school in the region you want to practice.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos