|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Years Gone By, The - 08.20.09
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
The Years Gone By - Nick Madore [myspace] [ap.net profile]
1. How did you get your band name?
Mike (our guitar player) actually thought of it on New Years Eve. We really wanted a name that meant something to us.
2. How did this band get started?
Years and years ago, we started in my garage. Covering Brain Stew and What's My Age Again, just like most bands. We played our first few shows at roller rinks and VFW's. Got in my SUV and never came back home until I sold it to help get us a new van. Now we live in that.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Personally, I'm really influenced by The Get Up Kids, New Found Glory, Fall Out Boy etc... I love old school pop punk and punk rock bands too. I grew up singing a lot of r&b like Boys II Men, New Edition. It really helped me improve my control. Those acts still help influence all of my melodies and songs I write.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
I'd love to do a tour with Blink 182, Fall Out Boy, Yellowcard & No Use For A Name.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Hahahahahahaha, what a weird question. I'd be something sweet like a giant pigeon.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I think right now, we need to put focus back on bands who have something to say. We're releasing a brand new digital EP on October 6th with 5 brand new songs.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Our songs are fairly easy to play, but I'd say "Stay Close" because of the solo I play. It would probably be really easy even on expert! hahaha
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I'd thank my parents for letting the band practice in my basement for almost 7 years now. I'd also thank our bassist Will for getting a hand tattoo, because that's just brave.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I'd love for it to be about the music again.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Staying at a certain persons house in TN might be THE most memorable.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a daily stop for me. AP.net is a fire-starter for me in a way. It makes me want to work harder when I see bands getting certain opportunities. It makes me want to go out there and achieve them also. Oh yeah...and all the funny/shitty comments kids leave.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
I love to play the song "Make You Stay Tonight" off our new upcoming EP. It means a lot to me and it's so fun to rock to.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Greece is really beautiful. I don't like the food though. I can't eat anything out of the ocean. If I had to pick somewhere in the US I could stop at on tour, I'd pick Denver or Chicago. Those cities are awesome.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, Boys II Men and that song "Sex and Candy" by Marcy Playground.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd love to be able to fly.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I think that we have achieved some goals we've had wanted to achieve, but as far as our career, we haven't 'made it' far enough just yet.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am 50% Italian, 25% French Canadian and 25% Polish.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
I love Thanksgiving. The fall season in New Jersey is not a season to miss.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I enjoy playing hockey, doing web design, and spending time with my chihuahua, Bentley. He's a little monster.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can cook fettuccine alfredo.
10:11 AM on 08/23/09
This is a fabulous interview! I actually enjoyed reading his answers. :)
10:23 AM on 08/23/09
guess who loves these duders
10:49 AM on 08/23/09
love love love this band.
11:34 AM on 08/23/09
Love the band. "You Might As Well Be In Space" is excellent.
12:00 PM on 08/23/09
Once again, it's all an act.
These guys were really fun live, they need to come back to Colorado.
12:14 PM on 08/23/09
this band is awesome i can't wait for the EP
01:58 PM on 08/23/09
I love this band. Great interview! :)
04:24 PM on 08/23/09
haha Giant Pigeon
EP should be hektik!
05:13 PM on 08/23/09
How will I break the news to you
05:44 PM on 08/23/09
You keep company with wolves.
Cool interview. I wish I was surrounded with roller rinks and vfw's. that scene just seems so awesome.
More From This Author
Buy the Music